Does anyone know if and perhaps when Sprint will carry the Blackberry Thunder???
    09-15-08 04:35 PM
    The last thing that I heard was Verizon was going to get it exclusively for like 4 years. As long as they meet sales goals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 05:18 PM
    The last thing that I heard was Verizon was going to get it exclusively for like 4 years. As long as they meet sales goals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    4 years? Where did you hear that?
    09-15-08 05:34 PM
    Even if the Storm is under a exclusivity deal for VZW (and it most likely is), the Thunder could be different enough from the Storm to be released on GSM carriers without breaking said contract in a few months time... 3-6?

Edit: the Thunder, tho, is supposed to be in Canada on Rogers, perhaps not even released in the US. In which case us GSMers will have to buy it outright and unlock it. Oh well.
    Last edited by gregerator; 09-15-08 at 06:24 PM.
    09-15-08 06:22 PM
    Sprint is CDMA tho isn't it? I don't think the Thunder GSM version would work on Sprint even if unlocked, or am I wrong?
    09-15-08 06:29 PM
    no you're right. I as just talking about GSM. To clear any confusion, you will NOT be able to use the THUNDER on Sprint. As far as I know. The STORM will be the CDMA version and you will probably have a good wait for it to come to Sprint. But if there's any truth the to the "they both have CDMA and GSM radios" but then maybe with some tinkering you could, but I don't think it'd be worth it.
    09-15-08 07:25 PM
    I am sure in time some variation of the Storm will come to Sprint and all the other carriers. It might not be the Storm but some kind of touchscreen BB will come out eventually.
    09-16-08 01:16 AM
    4 year exclusive? Thats new to me!!!
    09-16-08 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD