Finally got around to watching some of the latest Andromeda Strain. Spotted this phone in one of the scenes. I just snapped a picture using my mobile phone. Can take a better picture if necessary.

It reminds me of the latest pictures of the Blackberry Thunder I've seen. I did some searching on the internet and haven't found anyone talking about the phone in the movie. Any ideas? Thanks.

06-12-08 09:50 AM
    I think it might be an LG model. Not sure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 09:59 AM
    Found image of LG phone:

Think you are correct.
    06-12-08 10:23 AM
    clean looking phone......
    06-12-08 10:28 AM
    Speaking of Andromeda Strain. Did anyone else notice how their badges were actually the screen half part of a Moto RAZR turned sideways? I thought that was pretty funny.
    06-15-08 11:48 AM
    Andromeda Strain was a good book.
    06-15-08 06:14 PM
    I saw and tooled around with the Verizon Dare today and it looked similar to that. Very clean looking feature phone.

06-27-08 11:25 PM
    If we see product placement of the Thunder before an official announcement that's be viral bizarre advertising. And it appears it would have worked (almost). ;-)
    06-28-08 08:08 AM
    I saw that LG Dare today too. Its slick. I'm not generally a fan of touchaverena but it was slick enough to have me consider waiting to see the Thunder.
    IF the Thunder is released and remedies the issues iPhone has I may have to really consider it.
    IPhone is nice looking but can't believe it can't do puntier messaging, video recording and doesn't have flash.

07-03-08 09:34 PM
    I believe that is att new lg touch screen model if I'm not mistaken.

07-07-08 03:21 AM
    Andromeda Strain was a good book.
    Agree, Michael Crichton's book and the original film were great (the film is a biiiit dated looking toaday). The new film which departs massively from the original story, I thought was, well, not the best film that I had ever watched.
    07-07-08 04:22 AM
    That definitely looks like the LG-KE990

07-07-08 04:32 AM
    Agreed. I think it's an LG Shine.
    07-07-08 05:37 PM
    Agreed. I think it's an LG Shine.
    Nope. It is the LG Vue/Prada phone. Whichever you want to refer to it as - they are one in the same.
    07-07-08 05:40 PM
    I check on internet today and the BB thunder is coming out in September 2008. Wow its touch screen

07-07-08 08:40 PM
    It isn't a KU990 (aka Viewty). That is the successor to the Prada. Sure as **** looks like one though

I'm never touching LG again, but that's another story.
    07-08-08 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD