Im running .75 and im about to pay the 200$ penalty to cancel the contract thats how pissed im getting with this phone..

First i was getting a Null Pointer exception whever i would do a batery pull or it would reset..which im guessing was just one of the ****y apps i downloaded.

Second, the messege sounds just stoped working... I get a E-Mail, nothing, SMS text, nothing... A CALL, NO RING! ( and yes the sound is turned to normal with normal settings )

And on top of that the Infamous reset whenever the **** it wants to.( good one blackberry )

So my only option was to restore factory defualts.. and out of my own stupidity i forgot to save all my contacts and info.( but thats another issue )

Well i got rid of the Null Pointer exception blah blah.... like the phone was just turned on for the first time.

But i still dont get the sounds to play when i recieve calls or messeges.. (The speaker works becuase i can play music) Second when i recieve E-mails i no longer get the option to delete from mailbox or delete from mobile anymore.

Im guessing the new OS will solve all my problems since it will just overide the previous one and correct all the problems.

Should i just wait or is there a fix?

Thanks for listening and your patience!
    05-31-09 11:34 AM
    get a leaked os or just wait till the end of today for the official it drops today.
    05-31-09 11:35 AM
    Please note: throwing your storm at a wall will solve 97% of these issues. If you don't like it get something else. And mods please move this to rants and eaves

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 11:38 AM
    get a leaked os or just wait till the end of today for the official it drops today.
    Alright.. ive been searching around on the forums and im not exactly sure on how i would be getting the official new OS.. now is it through a link Verizon will send to my phone or should i go to a website?
    05-31-09 11:40 AM
    At 10PM eastern time go to options advanced options wireless upgrade

05-31-09 11:43 AM
    As far as the mailbox delete prompt: did you check the setting for that?

Open your email box, BB Button > Options > Email Reconciliation > Delete On > Prompt. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.
    05-31-09 11:47 AM
    As far as the mailbox delete prompt: did you check the setting for that?

Open your email box, BB Button > Options > Email Reconciliation > Delete On > Prompt. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.
    I fixed the problem.. alittle trial and error.. what happend was i guess when i reset the BB it treated the E-Mail as like a normal messege ( Complete Guess )

So i deleted the accounts from the E-Mail settings and re added them now i have to option to delete from mailbox and handheld.
    05-31-09 11:51 AM
    Usually people I know who make these kinds of complaints about their storm really don't have a clue.

05-31-09 11:53 AM
    Alright.. ive been searching around on the forums and im not exactly sure on how i would be getting the official new OS.. now is it through a link Verizon will send to my phone or should i go to a website?
    well at 3pm est there will be a release for you to update from your comp.
    if you wait till 10pm est there will be an over the air release that you can do rite from your phone.
    05-31-09 12:01 PM
    wow! I never had any of those issues at all! This looks personal!!
    05-31-09 12:02 PM
    Usually people I know who make these kinds of complaints about their storm really don't have a clue.

dont have a clue about what?

all i know is my cuzin has one and i was toying with it for 45 mins and it froze 3 times, lol

usually when i would go through bbm.

everything is stock, no 3rd party apps, memory around 35mil

i just cant wait to see if this solves the issues.
    05-31-09 12:03 PM
    Yes the updated OS fixes the bbm issue

05-31-09 12:04 PM
    Does the new OS fix the problem were the sound and vibration would happen seperatly?
    05-31-09 12:08 PM
    Don't really understand what you mean by that.... My phone rings and vibrates....

05-31-09 12:09 PM
    Yeah sorry i wasnt that specific... I mean becuase lets say you get a call. or messege.. it will vibrate first then play the sound like 3-4 seconds later...

will the new OS make it so the sound and vibration both occur at the same time.

I had an app called Buzz Me which did this.. didnt have it long enough to see if it realy worked.
    05-31-09 12:10 PM
    Oh, no it still vibrates first

05-31-09 12:11 PM

How true! Smartphones are for smart people. Smartpeople read documentation, read FAQ's and Help Forums and just don't go hitting buttons without some kind of idea of what they are attempting or how to fix it if it goes south.

I can't wait to see what this Board looks like after several hundred thousand Storm owners try to upgrade to .148 without following the simple OTA or DM instructions. G-d forbid if they have to send Service Books. That should be good for 10 or 15 identical threads.

"Bad carpenters blame their tools".
    05-31-09 12:12 PM

i just cant wait to see if this solves the issues.
    The exact same OS Verizon is supposed to release has been available here for a while.

Apparently, you CAN wait.
    05-31-09 12:23 PM
    Yeah help forums are for people to look for help but maybe they should look before they ask the same question the is two posts up. I'd rather read and educate myself before I ask a question and look like a dumb **** because someone just answered it. Ching ching

05-31-09 01:18 PM
    There's a middle ground, hard to find. depends on the people really. too much repeated info, or none because people are too intimidated to ask for help. THis site gets so much traffic, there's bound to be people asking the same questions over and over, and those internet bullies who jump on anyone not deemed part of the in crowd.

For those that care, there is already a really long findings thread about this .148 OS
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/4-...thread-231484/
    People have been banging away at .148 for two weeks now, if you want to know what to expect out of it, then that would be a good thread to read.

Also, the issue of not vibrating and ringing at the same time can be solved with one of several applications. I'll leave it as today's homework exercise for those interested in such things to search for info about them.
    05-31-09 02:26 PM
    fwiw VibandRing is what i use to vibrate and ring simultaneously. Works great Hope that helps
    05-31-09 09:33 PM
    How true! Smartphones are for smart people. Smartpeople read documentation, read FAQ's and Help Forums and just don't go hitting buttons without some kind of idea of what they are attempting or how to fix it if it goes south.

I can't wait to see what this Board looks like after several hundred thousand Storm owners try to upgrade to .148 without following the simple OTA or DM instructions. G-d forbid if they have to send Service Books. That should be good for 10 or 15 identical threads.

"Bad carpenters blame their tools".
    Come on! Let's not be too hard on Matt. We all had to start somewhere. The storm is my first smartphone and I got fairly proficient with it quickly. I like computing and I like tinkering. But I've had a lot of frustrations due to my ignorance or shortcomings in the software. Not everyone enjoys messing with technology (which makes the Storm (and Blackberrys) a less than optimal choice for many.

Matt, take your questions to a forum other than Rants and Raves. People here are always on the defensive. State your question and list what you've tried so far. Always include which OS you are running. Chances are you'll get an answer to your question.
    05-31-09 10:00 PM
    matt, you can email me if you need help with stuff...that's why patches exists...to help people. and to make fun of you while i help
    05-31-09 11:41 PM
    Rotfl Lmaoo !!
    06-01-09 09:09 PM
    lol again i see more storm owners trying to say people havent got a clue how to use the phone! HA! Is it such a complex, clever and sophisticated device to the point where it doesnt work??! Who wants to mess ard with patches, leaked updates etc??? (only fools would put up with this foolishness!)
    Throw it against the wall and get a new phone dude - Seriously
    Troll Alert!

06-04-09 05:05 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD