View Poll Results: Why threads are posted about returning.

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because they are making them to be annoying.

7 20.59%
  • Because they truely believe we care if they take them back.

22 64.71%
  • Other State Below

5 14.71%
    What do you think the reason is?

having problems or asking how to fix problems is one thing. hearing about them actually returning is a who cares.

(also i just wanted to make 1 poll)
    Last edited by Superballs5337; 12-22-08 at 01:02 PM.
    12-22-08 12:58 PM
    What do you think the reason is?
    I guess you could read the threads and find out.
    12-22-08 12:59 PM
    i have read but its fun to make a poll about it. maybe?
    12-22-08 01:46 PM
    Some people like to be negative just for the sake of being negative. Most of their posts just get skipped over and over looked all together.
    12-22-08 01:53 PM
    where is the poll option to vote that making threads to complain about other peoples threads is annoying

i vote for that one.

i feel that CB is a help and discussion forum and that the threads about user returning their storms are just as valid as ALL the i got my storm today, shipping day, i'm standing in line for a storm, i love my storm threads are.

i don't mind hearing people's opinions on their devices. it jsut seems that storm owners take it so personally. no one complained when the forum was clogged with how much did you pay for the storm threads and others like it that i listed above.

in any case it's something to read while at work anyway. i don't mind those threads, just the flaming.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-22-08 at 01:57 PM.
    12-22-08 01:53 PM
    where is the poll option to vote that making threads to complain about other peoples threads is annoying

i vote for that one.

i feel that CB is a help and discussion forum and that the threads about user returning their storms are just as valid as ALL the i got my storm today, shipping day, i'm standing in line for a storm, i love my storm threads are.

i don't mind hearing people's opinions on their devices. it jsut seems that storm owners take it so personally. no one complained when the forum was clogged with how much did you pay for the storm threads and others like it that i listed above.
    true but hearing about how much you paid isnt as bad as OMG STORM SUCKS IM TAKING IT BACK. i like hearing and learning how to fix the problems of the phones but hearing about them wanting to return it is kinda dumb. but o well to each his own.

p.s. chrisy i know a great burger joint you should try. ;-)
    12-22-08 01:56 PM
    oh i agree! i'd MUCh rather learn about the phones. but some of those threads do list why they returned it and that is helpful as well.

i read the personal feeling threads to relax. ha. though the thread about the business card "fix" cracks me up everytime!

ps: that is not original; i hear that at least once a month. good try though you get an F for eFFort.
    12-22-08 02:00 PM
    I find these threads useful. I want to see if anyone else has a problem with a loose send key like I do. And if they actually went thru the hassle of returning an otherwise perfect Storm for it.
    12-22-08 02:02 PM
    I really think they just do it to WHINE about their frustrations. WHICH is ok but there is a point where it crosses the line. Of course as early adopters we WANT to hear when things don't work BUT I do NOT want to hear that you didn't like it or you really wanted something else just for the sake of your whining.
    12-22-08 02:07 PM
    oh i agree! i'd MUCh rather learn about the phones. but some of those threads do list why they returned it and that is helpful as well.

i read the personal feeling threads to relax. ha. though the thread about the business card "fix" cracks me up everytime!

ps: that is not original; i hear that at least once a month. good try though you get an F for eFFort.
    an F ok ill give it to you that it wasnt original...but all the original ones are mean.
    12-22-08 02:07 PM
    I really think they just do it to WHINE about their frustrations. WHICH is ok but there is a point where it crosses the line. Of course as early adopters we WANT to hear when things don't work BUT I do NOT want to hear that you didn't like it or you really wanted something else just for the sake of your whining.
    i agree with you 99.9%
    12-22-08 02:08 PM
    an F ok ill give it to you that it wasnt original...but all the original ones are mean.
    oh, i've heard all the mean (and suggestive) ones too! i find it funny that peole are so interested in my diet. i never ask anyone why they choose to eat meat! ha. i don't care.

ps:storm users are so sensitive about their phones. it's like you're insulting their mothers. add that to the poll too.
    12-22-08 02:09 PM
    i have read but its fun to make a poll about it. maybe?
    It is FUN... LOL
    12-22-08 02:11 PM
    i agree that there is a fine line and when you start bashing a phone or person then you have crossed the line. but as far as your personal experiences with the phone go, for fact finding and comparison purposes, then by all means post away.
    12-22-08 02:14 PM
    oh, i've heard all the mean (and suggestive) ones too! i find it funny that peole are so interested in my diet. i never ask anyone why they choose to eat meat! ha. i don't care.

ps:storm users are so sensitive about their phones. it's like you're insulting their mothers. add that to the poll too.
    its only fun to ask because its not the norm. and to wonder how someone could give up the wonderful taste of burger or the amazing taste of seafood, or pulled pork sandwiches or i dont know all the other amazing taste of meat makes me curious.

ps. i think people get sensitive when when a topic gets beat to death. aka like returning.
    12-22-08 02:16 PM
    lol...i love the irony. he makes a post to complain/whine about the people who complain/whine.
    12-22-08 02:23 PM
    its only fun to ask because its not the norm. and to wonder how someone could give up the wonderful taste of burger or the amazing taste of seafood, or pulled pork sandwiches or i dont know all the other amazing taste of meat makes me curious.

ps. i think people get sensitive when when a topic gets beat to death. aka like returning.
    it is becoming mainstream...i think. i'm not one to really know what the norm is. i see the point you are making but it is incorrect. most people ask for one of two reasons: they want to become vegetarian and are looking for advice; or they feel defensive (or are the kind of people that like to fight/make others feel bad or silly) and want to try to "prove me wrong."

lol. try this: take a week and tell people you have been vegan for 7 years. it's a fun experiment! see what happens.

you'll get: the bible said we should eat meat and i had a bloody steak for dinner last night, yum comment. lol. and wait, are those shoes leather ah haa! it's funny how repetitive amd predictable most people are! but i don't mind bc i love people observing.

and i don't think that's the reason storm users are sensitive. there are plenty of repetitive threads that don't seem to get bashed. i think people take it as an insult to them that maybe they've bought a bad product. perhaps people feel that is what the 'i returned by storm' threads are inplying when they are not really.

just thoughts
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-22-08 at 02:41 PM.
    12-22-08 02:36 PM
    i agree that there is a fine line and when you start bashing a phone or person then you have crossed the line. but as far as your personal experiences with the phone go, for fact finding and comparison purposes, then by all means post away.
    I agree; if it's constructive cool
    12-22-08 02:36 PM
    it is becoming mainstream...i think. i'm not one to really know what the norm is. i see the point you are making but it is incorrect. most people ask for one of two reasons: they want to become vegetarian and are looking for advice; or they feel defensive (or are the kind of people that like to fight/make others feel bad or silly) and want to try to "prove me wrong."

lol. try this: take a week and tell people you have been vegan for 7 years. it's a fun experiment! see what happens.

you'll get: the bible said we should eat meat and i had a bloody steak for dinner last night, yum comment. lol. and wait, are those shoes leather ah haa! it's funny how repetitive amd predictable most people are! but i don't mind bc i love people observing.

and i don't think that's the reason storm users are sensitive. there are plenty of repetitive threads that don't seem to get bashed. i think people take it as an insult to them that maybe they've bought a bad product. perhaps people feel that is what the 'i returned by storm' threads are inplying when they are not really.

just thoughts
    yeah well bible pushers are another topic. but i do feel a vegan or vegetarian should wear nothing made from animals. and its fun when you do catch them wearing something from an animal.

i dont ask to make fun or try to argue. its just to talk about it. but how do you feel about killing a plant. i mean plants are living arnt they not? its all about how far you wanna take it but killing is killing.
    12-22-08 02:54 PM
    I think it is because they want to show that they failed to learn how to use the device therefore the device must be terrible.
    12-22-08 02:57 PM
    I think it is because they want to show that they failed to learn how to use the device therefore the device must be terrible.
    haha i bet thats more true then we know.
    12-22-08 03:02 PM
    yeah well bible pushers are another topic. but i do feel a vegan or vegetarian should wear nothing made from animals. and its fun when you do catch them wearing something from an animal.

i dont ask to make fun or try to argue. its just to talk about it. but how do you feel about killing a plant. i mean plants are living arnt they not? its all about how far you wanna take it but killing is killing.
    that's the point. i don't wear leather. people just want to try to "catch" you. and why do you think a person cannot choose to not eat meat but choose to wear leather. maybe they just don't like the taste of meat or they feel it's unhealthy. in that case they made the choice to cut out meat for reasons other than animal welfare. i think a lot of people stereotype vegetarians and they want to attack what they (the meat eater) feels is not normal or is stupid. heck, i think a lot of things people do no not make sense (smoking for example) but i don't question them or attack them for it. it's their choice and their business and it does not affect me.

bringing up killing plants is a straw man argument and not valid. i've dealt with that too!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-22-08 at 03:17 PM.
    12-22-08 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD