06-02-10 01:31 PM
28 12
tools
    is it just me or what? Threaded SMS sucks!!!
    10-28-09 11:19 PM
    is it just me or what? Threaded SMS sucks!!!
    What exactly were you expecting?
    10-28-09 11:20 PM
    didn't know...but def don't like it...i guess verizon wants to make it more like the iphone. wtf?
    10-28-09 11:36 PM
    It's taking time to get use to it but it's not bad. I wish you can change the colors
    10-28-09 11:51 PM
    It's not VZW.. It's RIM that implemented it..

I'm beta'ing a threaded SMS app by Empower right now.. Shows some promise..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 12:02 AM
    I happen to like it, being a huge IM client user..

If only the "callback number" wasn't wasting a lot of screen real estate. I had to change to a tiny font to make it tolerable.
    10-29-09 12:04 AM
    I can't tell you how many thousands of people complained about not having threaded SMS and it is finally here and now complaints. Every single day somebody on CB would ask the question about threaded SMS and would be nothing short of frustrated BB didn't have it......well......now we do. The public wanted it and received it.

10-29-09 12:05 AM
    What exactly do you not like about threade sms? Other than the obvious that you think it sucks

Curious..
    10-29-09 12:05 AM
    I'm pretty happy with it overall. The callback header is annoying, but otherwise its more efficient and more organized.

10-29-09 12:14 AM
    Can you still save the message. I don't see an option anymore.

10-29-09 12:23 AM
    I like the threaded sms. Except on the occasion when I get a new message and it wont show up in the conversation. But besides that it is a lot more organized for me personally.
    10-29-09 12:25 AM

The save message option is there once you go into "View folders" and highlight the message in folder view from there-then press BB button.

All advanced functions are accessed from the specific folder view..along with seeing all messages in the thread old-style.
    10-29-09 12:30 AM
    Thanks!

10-29-09 12:44 AM
    It's way better than before, much less clutter, and highly efficient compared the the old version. Anyone who thinks different must be mentally challenged.
    10-29-09 12:45 AM
    Shouldn't this be in the Rant and Raves?

But, yea, I agree. I dont see what was wrong w/ the way it was before?
    The only advantage for me is being able to hit "enter" to send a message.. otherwise, I dont really care for it.
    10-29-09 12:48 AM
    The whole point of it is convenience. It basically mimics the IM apps, and with as much as people text these days, it just makes sense. And yes, it may take more to get to the advanced message features, but once there, it is VERY well organized for a change. From the a particular screen, you can directly access that specific folder. Form the main messages screen, you get to select from ALL folders..then do what you want/need to do. You can now "delete prior" on specific types of messages(instead of all) much easier now.

Only downside I can see is if you are on a plan with a very limited amount of texting..it will be VERY asy to burn up all your texts FAST..lol..oh and that d*am callback number..lol
    Last edited by superlark; 10-29-09 at 12:55 AM.
    10-29-09 12:53 AM
    lol just less options at hand...you should be able to swith between the two
    10-29-09 12:58 AM
    lol just less options at hand...you should be able to swith between the two
    I do agree with that, even though I like the new system. There are enough people who don't like threaded to warrant this.
    10-29-09 01:00 AM
    does anyone know how to change it back to the non threaded option, or is there a way. ether that or is there a way to get rid of the call back number...i honestly like the old system a lot better.

also does anyone know how to get my phone to stop sugesting words, it messes up my writeing when it looks like it changes the letters of the word to gyess what i should be writeing.
    10-29-09 02:10 AM

The save message option is there once you go into "View folders" and highlight the message in folder view from there-then press BB button.

All advanced functions are accessed from the specific folder view..along with seeing all messages in the thread old-style.
    You can save the message from the thread. Put the small blue bar inside the message you want to save (just tap a word inside the message) and push the BlackBerry Button:

10-29-09 05:17 AM
    I'd also like to be able to turn off the threading option. I'm a heavy text user and I'm finding this annoying...

10-29-09 08:48 AM
    What exactly were you expecting?
    It's much harder to add recipients to a message.

And I hate having to click "OK" after selecting the contact.

This will take some getting used to, but I don't like it.

Why does RIM keep changing things instead of making things work?
    10-29-09 09:31 AM
    It would really be nice to be able to switch back to "classic".

The most annoying thing for me is that the keyboard shows by default when you go to read a message. I hate having to hide it every time. Is there a way to have it hidden by default and only show when you go to reply? Like it use to work.

Oh and, has anybody figured out a way to get the callback number off?
    10-29-09 09:49 AM
    You can save the message from the thread. Put the small blue bar inside the message you want to save (just tap a word inside the message) and push the BlackBerry Button:
    You can also save a draft by typing in the text input box, then pressing the back arrow to back out. Whatever you typed will be saved as a draft. This is different than BBM or other IM apps that will clear the text input box when the back arrow is pressed.
    10-29-09 10:06 AM
    It would really be nice to be able to switch back to "classic".

The most annoying thing for me is that the keyboard shows by default when you go to read a message. I hate having to hide it every time. Is there a way to have it hidden by default and only show when you go to reply? Like it use to work.

Oh and, has anybody figured out a way to get the callback number off?
    #1 No....but if you hide the keyboard before you exit the message, the next time you open that message the keyboard will stay hidden.

#2 Unfortunately, No.
    10-29-09 10:48 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD