Has the native browser always been able to display posts on hover or is this new with .713? I have never noticed this in my 3 years with a BlackBerry, so just wondering.

06-22-10 06:31 PM
    haha, yeah it has been able to do this. Its part of the whole reason I love SurePress. It allows sooooo much more. Developers really need to learn to take advantage of it and show the world why it is needed.

1) How I would do it: (Pre-Torch announcement that it will not be Sure-Press)
    Have all native apps take full advantage of SurePress hover features (more than just light up where you are going to press). You can touch, touch and hold, or press. 3 options for anything you would ever need to do. The browser should allow you to hold a spot to bring up a quick menu of Back, Forward, Refresh, Goto, etc.

2) Ability to turn off SurePress for typing. Some times we need to type quietly. It also slows down the OS when typing which causes a typing lag. There are times I like the SurePress typing and times when I don't.

3) Create awesome APIs for developers to use that take full advantage of SurePress in the easiest of ways.

If they did those 3 things, more phones would be copying this brilliant technology.
    06-22-10 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD