Mind all that I have an 8310 and want a Bold. I love Blackberry.

1.) Using "OS updates" as an excuse in this situation with the Storm is a little far-fetched. It seems to be a manufacture issue, really.
    2.) Doesn't this company have enough internal members/deisgners to test this device and make a phone perfect after 2-3 years of designing it?
    3.) WHY... please answer WHY they would want to release a phone that is either
    a. not ready to be released or
    b. in need of bugs and fixes as you walk out the store

BB messed up this time. COME ON I LOVE YOUR COMPANY! You really shot yourselves in the foot by what I would call this event as "releasing your state-of-the-art device TOO EARLY."

That's all I have... Guys and ladies? Ideas?
    11-21-08 03:21 PM
    I feel that it's not ready. Don't care what the future will bring in terms of OS refinement, in current form, it's not ready for prime time in my eyes. I would have never signed off on it.

If feels slow, non-solid, feels... questionable in it's functionality. It's like a timid person or something. It's certainly not sure of itself in what it does when you ask it to do it. Ya know?
    11-21-08 03:28 PM
    I feel that it's not ready. Don't care what the future will bring in terms of OS refinement, in current form, it's not ready for prime time in my eyes. I would have never signed off on it.

If feels slow, non-solid, feels... questionable in it's functionality. It's like a timid person or something. It's certainly not sure of itself in what it does when you ask it to do it. Ya know?
    This sounds like every new BlackBerry model that I have ever heard of. It also applies to their OSs but since we snarf beta releases I guess that don't apply.

I reckon it's just a natural desire to meet the quarterly numbers.
    11-21-08 03:43 PM
    I'm already missing my curve
    11-21-08 03:44 PM
    Yep, I agree, and having their stock droped like it was hot didn't help either.
    11-21-08 03:45 PM
    when upright i cant push the buttom left or right of the screen it wont click ughhh dare i say missing my voyager
    11-21-08 03:46 PM
    I'm already missing my curve
    Let me ask you this? Would you be happier with your old 8330 if it had OS4.5 on it with unlocked GSP for BBMaps on it or would you still consider the Storm a worthy adversary to it? Aside from screen size, I really don't see anything better about it.
    11-21-08 03:46 PM
    Why The Heck didn't anyone complain this much about the Bold?

It Seems Like Everyone and Their Mother is Complaining about the Storm.

This is what happens when you hype something to the point that it seems like perfection.

It Will Always Fall Short.

The iPhone was riddled with bugs, but with time they were ironed out.

When people constantly **** and moan because a device is taking to long to complain, and RIM is forced to do a release, what do you expect?

I remember dozens of people stating that they want the device NOW, and were willing to deal with bugs until they get fixed, so long as they get the device NOW.

Well, You Got Your Wish.
    11-21-08 03:49 PM
    Unfortunatley I feel the same way ... I would have taken it back already but I wanted my wife to at least see it when she gets home from work.

To me it has potential but it can not replce my 8830 especially in blasting out an email or text message ... too many steps to get where you need to be.

With 8830, if I want to call Joe, I grab the BB and type J and his name appears, with storm its a whole process...

Not to mention all of those who have funky yahoo email addresses, sure type cant even create them...

There is some work to do but I think I will wait until the work is done...

Love it, but cant use it...
    11-21-08 03:50 PM
    Let me ask you this? Would you be happier with your old 8330 if it had OS4.5 on it with unlocked GSP for BBMaps on it or would you still consider the Storm a worthy adversary to it? Aside from screen size, I really don't see anything better about it.
    I didn't use BB Maps, I used Google Maps. The storm it seems like there is a couple extra steps to do everything and it takes longer to do simple tasks such as sending a message. The ball on other BB's make it so much easier and quicker to send messages / navigate. The BB button on the storm just seems so far away now and like I said takes longer to send a message.

Also what is a pain is accepting these TOS for applications and trying to get to the bottom of the page. On the Curve just gotta keep clicking the space button till you reach the bottom, on the storm you gotta keep flicking your finger over and over to get to the bottom.
    11-21-08 03:55 PM
    Well coming from the Voyager and the MotoQ that the storm replaced I am not missing my Q at all. I like the fact that even though I am having minor issues with the storm I have had the phone up and running now for over 4 hours and has yet to reboot itself for some unknown reason, or just plain and simple just stop receiving txt msgs and/or phone calls. So Even with all the bugs it is a step up from my Q. That is not saying that they dont need to get us the OS update SOOON but it is ok so far.
    11-21-08 03:58 PM
    Unfortunatly, unless the OS is changed up quite a bit, it won't improve things. The Bold at least does what you ask it to quickly. It has nothing to do with that it has a keyboard, this is a hardware/proc issue. The isht is SLOOOWWWWWWW!
    ^^^^

See Above Post, Speed, and Ease of Use is Relative.

For Someone Coming from a Razr, or a Samsung Glyde-

This may be an incredible Improvement.
    11-21-08 03:58 PM
    Hence the reason why RIM offer many different types of devices so different users. For some, the Curve or Bold does exactly what they need it to do, for others the touchscreen is something they have wanted. RIM didn't release the Storm saying, this is it, every Blackberry from now on will be this type. They released a differnt type of model for differnt type of users. It's a simple as that really.
    11-21-08 03:59 PM
    I don't know what all the ranting (or whining) is about...it works every bit as well as my Curve....which often lags at times. I have had no issues to crump the experience. As for typing, I'm not a big messenger, email person and it is certainly getting much easier with use for me and everybit as fast as the Curve with less mis****s for a moderate typist... Everyone expects these tiny handheld PC's to never have issues....does you laptop ever run slow? It's a damn phone with extra's. The only issue I was having is the orientation and it has worked fine since I did a battery reboot. I have the Dare as well and it had its issues too....so did the Apple. Have not tried the Bold...
    11-21-08 04:01 PM
    Speed, and Ease of Use is Relative.
    I completely agree. Unfortunatly for me, I'm the person who touches a new system for a client and says... humm, seems a bit slow, and the client is like "What, the thing flies compared to my old system". Unfortunatly for them, in about 3 weeks they'll be agreeing with me on the matter and then crying because they didn't buy based on the guideline specs I gave them.
    11-21-08 04:01 PM
    I agree with some of the remarks. how little we forget how everyone bi*ched about the Bold being delayed over and over. The bad mouthing just didn't stop. So here we are and people are bi*ching the storm came out too early. Which is it? too late, too early? The point is, no matter what someone will find something to complain about.
    11-21-08 04:07 PM
    Civic- Yes I agree with you, but for the tweens/teens/soccer moms that don't know any better and just want to be like the kardashians, this phone will suit them just fine.

Michael I also agree-

I think we screw ourselves over in the end.

We Put Technology/Companies Etc on Such High Pedestals that regardless how amazing their product is, It still stinks.

Bad CB!

Very Bad CB!

::Waves Finger Angrily::

Why Must You Be So Good To Inform Us About a Device That is Still in RIMs Womb?

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?

LoL
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 11-21-08 at 04:18 PM.
    11-21-08 04:14 PM
    As for typing, I'm not a big messenger, email person ...
    Its a Blackberry, its primary job is messaging....see first line of post above this one...
    11-21-08 04:17 PM
    Its a Blackberry, its primary job is messaging....see first line of post above this one...
    True-

This is like someone Buying a Mercedez Benz Just for the Bose Speakers...

A Waste.
    11-21-08 04:20 PM
    I said this a few days ago right after the Voda launch and was met with some dude named Crucial (who "apparently" knows a thing or 2 ) calling me stupid. I was talking just to talk he said and I knew nothing.

Well guess what, turns out I was in fact correct. It simply was/is not ready and the lag and other issues present with the Voda release was a sign of something more serious and it was heading our way.

The issues of today were the same a couple months ago. The device will run mediocre at best no matter how many updates they come out with. Its just as much as a hardware issue as a SW issue.

Time will prove me right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 04:26 PM
    I know at my store they had 10 storms so they could only sell 2 because the other ones are defected
    11-21-08 04:31 PM
    i think the phone would be 10 times better if they didn't completely eliminate the trackball. The touchscreen simply is not accurate enough for many tasks, or fast enough in that sense
    11-22-08 12:01 AM
    This sounds like every new BlackBerry model that I have ever heard of. It also applies to their OSs but since we snarf beta releases I guess that don't apply.

I reckon it's just a natural desire to meet the quarterly numbers.
    Every Blackberry? I don't know about that. The previous releases of other blackberries did not get the heat that this is getting. I tested one out for quite awhile today, and I told the VZW rep to keep the Storm that he was holding for me and sell it to someone else.

It was just clearly not an efficient device. I can't handle lag, I'm sorry. If I'm out on the road and need to quickly search for an email from 60 days ago, that contains a large .pdf file, and I need to forward that to someone who is impatiently waiting for it.. I can not have the lag that I've witnessed and so many other's did today. I also can't have instability. It feels weak.. I'm sorry. I wanted it to be strong.
    11-22-08 12:13 AM
    Unfortunatly, unless the OS is changed up quite a bit, it won't improve things. The Bold at least does what you ask it to quickly. It has nothing to do with that it has a keyboard, this is a hardware/proc issue. The isht is SLOOOWWWWWWW!
    It's a step back in touch screen technology. The screen is some cheap plastic that collects dirt and grime way more easily than glass (iphone). I will admit at first it seems it may be easier to type on it, but then again I was using suretype, and with the iphone I used the regular qwerty in landscape.

The problem with the click screen is that it's more than just a click. You have to press this thing down way too far and I could see after a while it becoming a chore to do. I would say you have to press it two to three times more than a mouse button. That's how high this screen sits on the click mechanism. If you press near the edge the screen goes down further than if you pressed in the middle. It's not evenly distributed, which is in line with a review I read in which they took it apart and found one big button under there.

I knew this phone wouldn't live up to the hype. I had my fingers crossed and waiting to actually try it, but I'll pass on it.
    11-22-08 12:15 AM
    After the novelty wears off the returns shall begin. In droves : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 12:27 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD