Okay so I have been looking for a deal on a Storm. I called VZW and spoke with a guy and he said I could do my annual upgrade 2 months early due to my account history etc. I said okay cool got his name and number etc. (couldn't do upgrade till Dec.6). So I called tonight because I just had a bad feeling and they said no way can't do that (spoke with several reps). So I'm thinking of adding another line then just canceling it after I get the phone. My questions are does anyone know if this will count against me on my history with Verizon? Will it reflect on my credit score or anything? I'm thinking this would be the cheapest way but I don't want to go the cheapest way then have "bad marks" on my account. Any advice?

Thanks folks
    Brooke
    11-25-08 11:41 PM
    no... just add a line do it that way .. its the cheapest .
    11-25-08 11:44 PM
    It won't mess with my credit report or put bad marks on my Verizon Account? Don't they ask for the phone back or make me pay full price for it?
    11-25-08 11:53 PM
    Not if you pay the ETF.
    11-26-08 12:03 AM
    Okay wow. Great news! So I have been calling and trying to deal to get the $249.99 rate since last Thursday. So everyday I have called with different things etc. So I called today and was going to just pay the full retail price. After a little talking with the guy I ended getting a Storm for $150.00. My NE2 date was not till 10/02/2009 and I couldn't do the annual upgrade till 02/06/2009. After saying some things and asking for a supervisor he came back and said okay we will make today as your upgrade date but only today and will have to sign a new contract and you can't do this again - you must wait at least 20 months before upgrading. So I got the phone for $249.99 - $50 (mail in rebate) - $50.00 VIP discount = $149.99 + car charger with a 25% discount on that. Needless to say I'm VERY happy. They said it will ship between 12/5-8. He told me all orders after 11/22/08 will ship between those dates because they are getting a new batch of the updated phones in on the 5th of Dec. yay - now I have to try to sit back and wait - this should be hard.
    11-26-08 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD