When you called vzw for a replacement unit by any chance did you have to put down 500 dollars for the phone? i guess they want you to put down 500 dollars down just in case you don't send the old one back. Is this true? did you have to do it?
    12-05-08 10:21 PM
    My rep told me that within 10 days, if my phone wasn't refunded, I would be charged the full retail price, I just have to call them with the tracking number, and then I am not liable for the phone...
    12-05-08 10:25 PM
    the first tech dude said 500 then that order got canceled somehow, and then i placed another replacement order with a CS rep and he said 250$ up front then u get it back when they get whichever one u send back
    12-05-08 10:27 PM
    Steps for getting a replacement

1) Dial *611
    2) Talk to the rep in a normal, nice tone without getting angry. State where you purchased
    3) They will tell you that you can't exchange through CS unless you bought online or through Telesales
    4) Call their bluff, they're doing this to cut down on shipping charges. Don't get angry....just tell them that you know someone who bought from the same store on the same day as you and they were able to order through *611.
    5) They may try and argue at this point but hold your ground. Just tell them that you know it can be done and you live too far from the nearest Corp store to go do it any other way than through phone. They shouldn't put up much fight, my rep told me I'd have to go to the store, I told her I knew someone who I bought the phone with who was able to order through *611 and the next words out of her mouth were "Alright sir, expect your replacement to arrive at your address by around the 18th."

It's not that difficult but I feel as if going through CS is easier than the Corp store, JMHO....allows you to go about your life while you wait.

As for the process, you get charged 250 to your account and when you send your phon back they recredit your account. Think of it as collateral.
    12-05-08 10:45 PM
    i went ot the store and they didnt charge anything they just said return it within 10 days
    12-05-08 10:51 PM
    I was sent a refub model, and they never charged me anything. I wonder if I get to keep it now????
    12-05-08 10:56 PM
    I called CSR at 3pm today and the lady was very sweet. She did not mention anything about putting down a $500 refundable payment at all. I even told her I purchased the phone froma lcoal retail store. She was very nice and got the order approved and continued to tell me that the phone will not shipped until the 15th or 15 days after the order was placed. It gotta be one of those that she said, Newho, 2 hours after i got off the phone with her i received a tracking number =) She also told me to mail the defect storm within 10 days or something like that or i will be charged full retail.

I think the reason for this was because I actually went to the store first, the CRS there saw my phone and agreed it wasnt clicking right in one of the corner. He left a note on my account stating the issue of the phone and that he personally looked at it and it was defective. Maybe the note help me dodge the whole being assertive with the CRS over the phone.

Sorry the long A%$ letter, hehe..
    12-05-08 11:27 PM
    probably the 15th. I was told I'd receive mine on or around the 18th.
    12-05-08 11:44 PM
    WTF is up with this collateral bullisht with the Storm? I've never had anyone have to do this with any other BB or phone from Verizon in the past. They only charge you if you don't return the phone within 2 weeks.
    12-05-08 11:52 PM
    What is this 611 number???

I am soooo friggin confused.

And I hope your steps work CSSVT, because I do live far away from a CORP. store.
    12-05-08 11:54 PM
    if you dial from your verizon phone dial *611 and hit send. that'll redirect to CS

if not you have to look up CS's number.

They should work, I live 25 miles from one and wasn't about to drive out there to order and also drive out there to pick up. The store I purchased from was very "customer first" mentality based but it's far too much of a drive for me.
    12-05-08 11:58 PM
    I had to put the amount I paid in the store for mine down, 211.99. They said I would get it back once I returned it. I was thinking, once I got the new one could I just sell my current one on ebay and get close to full price for it and make a little money?
    12-06-08 12:04 AM
    if you dial from your verizon phone dial *611 and hit send. that'll redirect to CS

if not you have to look up CS's number.

They should work, I live 25 miles from one and wasn't about to drive out there to order and also drive out there to pick up. The store I purchased from was very "customer first" mentality based but it's far too much of a drive for me.
    Thanks for clarifying that for me....I wasn't sure if there was another number I had to put in first.

I hope it works, because I honestly do have a problem with my screen, and my Verizon store an hour away is ran by a bunch of morons.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.
    12-06-08 12:05 AM
    I called on wednesday to get a replacement due to 2 dead corners of the click screen, the cs rep said there are no phones and i cant even put a backorder order in for you. but if you go to the store they maybe able to. that was crap I got to a supervisor and she sent me over to tech support. they asked me some questions and then agreed that a new phone was in order. i got the phone friday morning. no mention of any money down. BUT when I opened the phone (sealed box with all the stuff inside) and this phone is worse than the 1st one. Back on the phone CS rep said the usual crap. got to tech support, they asked questions, new one is on the way tracking number shows tuesday delivery. The lady said she cant guarentee the next one would be any better but if it is not just call back and they will send out another.
    I want a phone that works I paid for one and I want one.
    12-06-08 05:42 AM
    I got a temp Pearl shipped to me, then a new Storm shipped to me with no charges. Then the new Storm I got had a defective screen so they sent me a 2nd storm. So now I'm sitting on 3 phones with no charges. I had no problems at all. You should ask to speak to a supervisor if they give you trouble.
    12-06-08 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD