This is my first post - so I apologise if this is redundant but I wanted to give a ray of light to those who have pre-orders via telesales!

I pre-ordered my Storm via telesales about a week ago and had heard absolutely nothing from Verizon - I eventually called them at 7pm EST. The rep told me that the system basically collapsed today due to such high demand, when I explained my frustration he looked me up and right away gave me an order number and tracking details (FedEX Sat delivery). So it would seem that Verizon have almost given up sending out confirmations - chance's are you will be able to get the details from Verizon telesales via the phone.

Its terrible customer service and I will be complaining but hopefully they'll be some more people who will get there Storm sometime tomorrow.

Enjoy your stormy weekend...
    11-21-08 06:31 PM
    I ordered around 10 am this morning and I haven't got a tracking number as I have called multiple times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 06:41 PM
    This is my first post - so I apologise if this is redundant but I wanted to give a ray of light to those who have pre-orders via telesales!

I pre-ordered my Storm via telesales about a week ago and had heard absolutely nothing from Verizon - I eventually called them at 7pm EST. The rep told me that the system basically collapsed today due to such high demand, when I explained my frustration he looked me up and right away gave me an order number and tracking details (FedEX Sat delivery). So it would seem that Verizon have almost given up sending out confirmations - chance's are you will be able to get the details from Verizon telesales via the phone.

Its terrible customer service and I will be complaining but hopefully they'll be some more people who will get there Storm sometime tomorrow.

Enjoy your stormy weekend...

they didnt stope sending out notices. the system was down therefor there was no way for the email system to access the information to send you that info. you really should think things through before you freak out about a phone. We are doing our best to work with what we have, a system that wont do anything including send you a nice little email to let you know its being shipped.
    11-21-08 06:52 PM
    So is giving a email the only way they'd send notice? No text to the phone or a call? Cause I ordered mine today and going to be shipped out on tuesday but I didn't get a order number or tracking number
    11-21-08 06:57 PM
    I ordered around 10 am this morning and I haven't got a tracking number as I have called multiple times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I ordered at 10:15am est.. i just called in and was told it's shipping December 5th

Either way i'm a procrastinator and couldn't call right in this morning as i had some actual work to do.

F#CKING S#IT

well at least by then it should hopefully have an updated OS

I also heard the new ones are getting wi-Fi and the gap and falling off buttons have been upgraded!!! <cough> <--- rumor starter
    Last edited by destro23; 11-21-08 at 07:02 PM.
    11-21-08 07:00 PM
    I am in the same situation as the OP. Steve helped placed my pre-order (7 am est, way to go Steve!), but I haven't received any shipping notice.

I called CS tonight, and they confirmed that it was shipped out Fedex priority overnight w/ Sat delivery, and provided a tracking number.

So moral of the story is... if you got your order in before the cutoff, and you paid for Sat shipping, you may not get an email conf but you should get the phone tomorrow.
    11-21-08 07:01 PM
    they didnt stope sending out notices. the system was down therefor there was no way for the email system to access the information to send you that info. you really should think things through before you freak out about a phone. We are doing our best to work with what we have, a system that wont do anything including send you a nice little email to let you know its being shipped.
    I like many other people am not 'freaking out' about this phone but rather looking forward to it. When a corporation takes money out of my bank account and fails to provide anything in response - not even a 1 line email or phone call telling me the situation I (understandably) became concerned. I understand that there are always issues and reasons behind these things but it is my business to know where my money has gone - it this case Verizon dropped the ball and just ignored their customers... inexcusably bad customer service IMO.
    11-21-08 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD