... Here's the specs for the Touch HD if you think it's not better.

Model HTC Touch HD� T8282
    Processor Qualcomm� MSM 7201A� 528 MHz
    Operating System Windows Mobile� 6.1 Professional
    Memory ROM: 512 MB
    RAM: 288 MB

Dimensions 115 mm x 62.8 mm x 12 mm
    (4.35 in x 2.5 in x 0.47 in)
    Weight 146.4 grams (5.164 ounces) with battery
    Display 3.8-inch TFT-LCD flat touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution
    Network HSDPA/WCDMA:
    Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz
    Up to 2 Mbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE:
    Europe/Asia: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    (Band frequency, HSUPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent.)

Device Control HTC TouchFLO� 3D
    Touch-sensitive front panel buttons

GPS GPS and A-GPS ready
    Connectivity Bluetooth� 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
    Wi-Fi�: IEEE 802.11 b/g
    HTC ExtUSB� (11-pin mini-USB 2.0)
    Camera Main camera: 5 megapixel color camera with auto focus
    Second camera: VGA CMOS color camera

Audio Built-in 3.5 mm audio jack, microphone, speaker, and FM radio
    Ring tone formats:
    AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV
    40 polyphonic and standard MIDI format 0 and 1 (SMF)/SP MIDI
    Battery Rechargeable Lithium-ion or Lithium-ion polymer battery
    Capacity: 1350 mAh

Talk time:

Up to 390 minutes for WCDMA
    Up to 310 minutes for GSM
    Standby time:
    Up to 450 hours for WCDMA
    Up to 390 hours for GSM
    Video call time: Up to 120 minutes

(The above are subject to network and phone usage.)
    Expansion Slot microSD� memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
    AC Adapter Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
    DC output: 5V and 1A
    Special Features FM Radio, G-Sensor
    The HD is definitely a multimedia powerhouse and the specs are very compelling (the battery a measly 1350 mAh??). The reason I don't want to jump on it is because of the OS.

I've dealt with the Q9m (first smartphone) ever since it came out and I yearn for a more polished package. Although the HD is WM 6.1, has a great looking GUI (?), and has robust hardware, it hardly justifies me to go down that road. I curious to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Of course "to each his or her own."
    09-23-08 09:56 PM
    The HD is definitely a multimedia powerhouse and the specs are very compelling (the battery a measly 1350 mAh??). The reason I don't want to jump on it is because of the OS.

I've dealt with the Q9m (first smartphone) ever since it came out and I yearn for a more polished package. Although the HD is WM 6.1, has a great looking GUI (?), and has robust hardware, it hardly justifies me to go down that road. I curious to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Of course "to each his or her own."
    Yeah, I agree, but remember that the Q9m has WinMo Smartphone version, not Pro. There are some differences in the OS. 6.1 is slightly nicer, but 7 should be nicer and closer to the "new" type of GUI everyone is wanting on a mobile device. Meh, I guess nicer stuff will always come out. Like I said, about the Storm, I'm mostly dissapointed in the lacking OS memory that's usable. If it had 256MB on it, I wouldn't feel this "buyer's remorse" I'm having now about it... and I haven't even wasted my money on it yet.
    09-23-08 10:02 PM
    A clicking touchscreen? Yeah, that's a big whoop. 8GB memory card support, my 8830 can do that now. Visual Voicemail... iPhone's been doing it and so does the stupid Voyager from Verizon. Yeah, it's new to Blackberry, but it's NOT "new". Higher MP camera... it's about time.

As for your other things about WinMo devices. You'll generally find more "geeks" using them because we know how to use them. iPhones and Blackberries are made for dumb dumbs who only know how to click on stuff. Isht, people on here don't even know to try a battery pull first when they run into a problem. WTF, pulling the power source on a device that's acting weird should be the first thought through everyone's mind.

Ha, that last sentance reminds me of this company at one time who held a conference showing off a new pc system that they said was uncrashable. They asked anyone in the audience to walk up and try. One guy walked up... and pulled the power cord out of the back of it.
    I've had my fair share of Windows Mobile experience, and there is no question the OS is far more customizable than what RIM offers, but it doesn't come close in stability. When you depend on a tool you just want it to work and work every time. You ever wonder why those of us that have come from Windows Mobile automatically know to pull the battery on a Blackberry, it's from experience on our WinMo devices
    09-23-08 10:02 PM
    I don't pull my battery, but I do reboot with the keyboard 3 finger salute on my BB every week to free up memory. I wouldn't call it super stable due to that.... hence my dislike of RIM shorting us on fracking Flash memory. There is reason behind the madness here. lol
    09-23-08 10:05 PM
    I don't pull my battery, but I do reboot with the keyboard 3 finger salute on my BB every week to free up memory. I wouldn't call it super stable due to that.... hence my dislike of RIM shorting us on fracking Flash memory. There is reason behind the madness here. lol
    C'mon Civic. You can't honestly compare stability between Winmo & RIM devices. I'm not chiming in on anything else.
    09-23-08 10:11 PM
    I honestly don't have that many stability issues with anything I run. I don't even have stability issues with Vista on my systems. I don't know what's up with people... maybe it's because I've very methodical on everything I do. Each process I do is done the same way each and every time. I dunno. :shrug:
    09-23-08 10:18 PM
    ...Visual Voicemail... iPhone's been doing it and so does the stupid Voyager from Verizon. Yeah, it's new to Blackberry, but it's NOT "new". Higher MP camera... it's about time.
    It's new to us Verizon Wireless customers who refused to jump ship because of the iPhone.

It's also new to business people who use Blackberry devices. The 95xx merges enterprise solutions with enhanced multimedia functionality(larger screen, Rhapsody, etc) enabling them work and play on one device.

I have no doubt that the iPhone does well on the multimedia front. On the business end....well the jury is still out.
    09-23-08 10:20 PM

On the business end....well the jury is still out.
    Oh no. Apple has quite a long way to go before comparing to RIM in the business world. Apple prays to one day have something that will hold a candle to RIM's BES.
    09-23-08 10:25 PM
    ...Q9m has WinMo Smartphone version, not Pro.....
    I thought that "Pro" meant more OS bloat
    09-23-08 10:28 PM
    Oh no. Apple has quite a long way to go before comparing to RIM in the business world. Apple prays to one day have something that will hold a candle to RIM's BES.
    I was trying to be gentle. Oh well..
    09-23-08 10:30 PM
    That's I why I love sprint. Unlimited data. No need for wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 10:55 PM

Sprint has the same 5GB data cap as everyone else
    09-23-08 11:06 PM
    You put RIM's software on many other phones and you'd have a device vastly superior to the Storm. As perfect as RIM's software is, the hardware is behind the times.
    09-24-08 07:12 AM
    To me this is a senseless debate. BB's are (and were developed by RIM to be) business phones with e-mail as a central focus; the iPhone (and iPod, iTouch etc.) are (and were devleoped by Apple to be) consumner products. I have an 8800 which is great (I got the Curve and didn't like it). I have an HTC s620 for personal use but I really want an iPhone (and will get one shortly). I bought one recently for my wife and I think it is (as a consumer product) top notch - much as I think the Storm will be a top-notch business product. For music, browsing and small apps then the iPhone (IMHO) is better but for corportae e-mail and business apps, the Storm will (probably) be better.

So let's act like grown-ups here and appreciate each piece of decent technology for what it is.

As a real world example - I ride a Honda CBR100RR Fireblade; it's a motorcycle the same as a Harley Fatboy, but I wouldn't touch a Fatboy 'cos it will not do what my Firebalde does; but hey, if you want a Fatboy, go for it!
    Last edited by Vfr800; 09-24-08 at 09:04 AM.
    09-24-08 09:00 AM
    So what your saying is....If you complain about a device that you have never touched, before it comes out, the company will read your complaint that you posted on CrackBerry and make upgrades to the device? Wow! Well since you have Steve Jobs' direct line maybe you could ask him to add MMS capability, a removable/expandable battery, a better camera and BlackBerry reliability to the iPhone. Better yet, tell him to at least fix the whole "making phone calls" issue. Thank you for your help!
    well said...
    09-24-08 09:17 AM
    A clicking touchscreen? Yeah, that's a big whoop. 8GB memory card support, my 8830 can do that now. Visual Voicemail... iPhone's been doing it and so does the stupid Voyager from Verizon. Yeah, it's new to Blackberry, but it's NOT "new". Higher MP camera... it's about time.

As for your other things about WinMo devices. You'll generally find more "geeks" using them because we know how to use them. iPhones and Blackberries are made for dumb dumbs who only know how to click on stuff. Isht, people on here don't even know to try a battery pull first when they run into a problem. WTF, pulling the power source on a device that's acting weird should be the first thought through everyone's mind.

Ha, that last sentance reminds me of this company at one time who held a conference showing off a new pc system that they said was uncrashable. They asked anyone in the audience to walk up and try. One guy walked up... and pulled the power cord out of the back of it.

So how do you explain the reason why there are less Blackberries returned because of defects than any winmo device available? This is fact. And as far as the Storm, no it doesn't have all of the Premium features as that HTC HD device, but it doesn't need it. The HTC device is not even competition. The Iphone is...and it compares very favorably to the Iphone 3G.
    09-24-08 10:33 AM
    All of the comments have valid points but there is one fundamental question that nobody seems to be addressing....is it a good phone? Wifi/no wifi, flash/no flash, its a mute point if the clarity and reception sucks.And if the device falls flat on its face on those two important aspects, then you'll want to punt the phone against the nearest wall. The Iphone is a cool looking phone with some kickass apps but I've used the phone and the phone clarity has been likened to someone talking in a tank full of water. It would be nice if RIM catered to everything on our wish list...it appears they didn't but that doesn't mean the Storm isn't a superior phone to the Iphone.
    09-24-08 10:56 AM
    All of the comments have valid points but there is one fundamental question that nobody seems to be addressing....is it a good phone? Wifi/no wifi, flash/no flash, its a mute point if the clarity and reception sucks.And if the device falls flat on its face on those two important aspects, then you'll want to punt the phone against the nearest wall. The Iphone is a cool looking phone with some kickass apps but I've used the phone and the phone clarity has been likened to someone talking in a tank full of water. It would be nice if RIM catered to everything on our wish list...it appears they didn't but that doesn't mean the Storm isn't a superior phone to the Iphone.
    Well said!!!
    09-24-08 11:05 AM

Even if you have unlimited data (5gb cap) so what? Wifi is still an important addition to a phone. I think the storm is going to be great, but verizons network is NOT better than wifi.

09-24-08 11:20 AM
    wait... you can call people on this thing too?

lol
    you do make a good point though
    09-24-08 11:20 AM
    wait... you can call people on this thing too?

lol
    you do make a good point though
    LOL that"s awesome. Who knew?
    09-24-08 11:25 AM
    LOL that"s awesome. Who knew?
    Heehhee...I was making a point?
    09-24-08 11:55 AM
    Does anyone know if the browser will support Java? Sorry to be a super noob but what exactly is tabbed browsing?
    09-24-08 12:23 PM
    Heehhee...I was making a point?
    Well it certainly wasn't "mute", I heard you all the way over hear, but it might have been moot.
    09-24-08 12:32 PM
    Man I really can't believe people are fighting over a phone that's not even out yet. I mean at least wait til it comes out so you have some reason to argue. Lol! I mean geez.

No fighting here! We all love each other. We are in one big sloppy orgy of BlackBerrry love!
    09-24-08 12:54 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD