I have read over so many posts and cant come to a good decision. I currently have a Bold but there is something about the storm that makes me want to get one to try out.

To those of you using a storm or have used a storm on ATT give me your experiences and regrets. I just want to know if its worth spending the money on and the hassle.

Thanks
    02-24-09 08:47 AM
    No 3g which really doesnt bother me, casue the speeds are comparable for me when I had my Bold. No WiFi is the biggest bummer on this. Google Maps doesnt work as well for me either, but other than that, I really dont have any regrets. I upgraded an OS and am having the edge/EDGE issue but when I was on .75, I never had a connection issue. like the browsing more, Everything else is just as good for me. I guess it just comes down to whether you like the touchscreen versus scrollball.
    02-24-09 08:52 AM
    is there an alternative to google maps?
    02-24-09 08:59 AM
    getting mine today, will be using with ATT, once i get it up and running ill post my thoughts,
    02-24-09 09:35 AM
    is there an alternative to google maps?
    No to sure on that, there probably is but, GoogleMaps is free, so I deal with it. its not unbearable, its just slow to find everything then sometimes it gives an error saying it cannot map it ...
    02-24-09 09:40 AM
    well got mine in today, as soon as i got it put sim in from my tilt, called ATT had bb data added and IMEI updated, followed the guide to setting up service books (which was flawless, so so simple and works perfect) setup my BIS account and now up and running, havent tried MMS yet but internet connecting through 2g just fine, getting ready to update to .109...will post results later,

p.s
    check out mobilecityonline.com very good prices on unlocked storms, where i got mine
    02-24-09 06:04 PM
    Don't settle for Edge. Why not get the iphone and have the best of both worlds?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 06:10 PM
    ...i had the iphone then went to the tilt and now the storm...to be honest the storm is the best phone out of all 3, now not having 3g isnt that BIG of a diff, pages still load decently quick, just my opinion go for the storm
    02-24-09 06:15 PM
    I'm using the 9530 on AT&T network and my GPS works with Google Maps
    02-24-09 06:23 PM
    I have the 9530 on AT&T with no issues..all apps working even Google Maps..I did have issues with the edge vs EDGE but fixed it using the 90 radio software..I am using the .90 radio/.103 and .106 hybrid.
    02-24-09 06:23 PM
    i use a vodafone 9500 on ATT network. the edge is as fast as the 3G except you dont see the 3G icon. everything works after installing the service book. blackberry map works with the GPS flawlessly. installed .109 love it, love it. IPHONE ? nuuh, eat dust compared to this baby.
    02-24-09 06:52 PM
    i use the 9530 on att and have it all working for me. even vzw nav
    02-24-09 07:16 PM
    Those with AT&T storm's I was wondering when you press ##000000 and scroll down to SEP and MID USER ID do you see my#@VZW3G.com?????

I can't get visual vm to work at all

I am not able to access call forwarding on my storm. I was curious so I decided to look inside the CDMA Service Edit Screen (push ##000000 send) to get into it.

I noticed under A-Key
    SIP USER ID: MY#@vzw3g.com
    SIP PASSWORD:

MIP USER ID: MY#@vzw3g.com

for those who have a unlocked AT&T storm did you change the vzw3g.com with the AT&T one?

What are those user id's used for?
    02-24-09 07:48 PM
    Visual wont its Verizon specific
    02-24-09 07:49 PM
    well got mine in today, as soon as i got it put sim in from my tilt, called ATT had bb data added and IMEI updated, followed the guide to setting up service books (which was flawless, so so simple and works perfect) setup my BIS account and now up and running, havent tried MMS yet but internet connecting through 2g just fine, getting ready to update to .109...will post results later,

p.s
    check out mobilecityonline.com very good prices on unlocked storms, where i got mine
    did you just send service books for a bold or another bb device?
    02-24-09 07:57 PM
    i have the 9500 on att and using it on this network as opossed to using vodefone its better on att
    02-24-09 07:58 PM
    Visual wont its Verizon specific
    I just got vymail/youmail to work on my AT&T storm.
    02-24-09 10:05 PM
    its greatt..
    i have my DATA settings..
    aka
    internet and everything
    02-24-09 11:58 PM
    did you just send service books for a bold or another bb device?
    followed the guide on here, dloaded the generic service books, used crackutil removed browser, then DM and added the service books, the back to crackutil to reload browser..rebooted and there was the browser icon, even with media net...the guide is on here and its very easy to follow, took probley 10min start to finish,

I just got vymail/youmail to work on my AT&T storm.
    im on ATT as well with 9500...is it possible to get VMM and if so explain your steps if you dont care..thanks!
    02-25-09 09:40 AM
    followed the guide on here, dloaded the generic service books, used crackutil removed browser, then DM and added the service books, the back to crackutil to reload browser..rebooted and there was the browser icon, even with media net...the guide is on here and its very easy to follow, took probley 10min start to finish,

im on ATT as well with 9500...is it possible to get VMM and if so explain your steps if you dont care..thanks!
    First go to youmail make an account, pick the AT&T bold, its going to ask you to enter **####* but won't work on the storm. Skip that step and just write down the 10 digit number in between the *'s because it will go where the call forwarding numbers will go.

I turned off my network connections or turn off phone. Turn phone back on and go to my call forwarding menu real fast and add new numbers that the calls are suppose to get forwarded to and save it. Before your storm goes to EDGE.

Your phone might let you access the call forwarding menu without having to rush it. Mine didn't.
    02-25-09 09:55 AM

How is .109 working for you? any problems updating the os and getting att working?
    02-25-09 12:01 PM
    I have a storm on AT&T, got it yesterday, it's all setup and running good. Is it necessary to upgrade to .75 or higher, currently I am on .65 and running a little slow. If so what is the best way to upgrade? Which version? Were can I get it? Thanks for replies!
    02-25-09 12:26 PM
    I'm using 103 with radio file .90. I can zip the loader files and all you would have to do after downloading .103 is drop the .90 radio file into the CDMA folder.
    02-25-09 01:45 PM
    I am a brand new user of the BB storm 9530. I have ATT and just recently ulocked my BB using unlockkings.com cost like 50 bucks but way easy. Now my problem is setting up the browser and MMS. I have to upload the service books and am having just a little trouble. But seek out Unlocked Browser in the search and there will be a thread showing a step by step process with pics. I'm in the middle of it now. So wish me luck.
    02-25-09 01:56 PM
    I'm using 103 with radio file .90. I can zip the loader files and all you would have to do after downloading .103 is drop the .90 radio file into the CDMA folder.
    I sent you a PM.
    02-25-09 03:36 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD