For those who either bought the Storm and are unhappy with it or played with it like I did today (and hated it) what are you doing with all the money you've saved up for it? Personally, I'm gettin me an Xbox 360. Getting a nice cheep price for everything. Plus, unlike the Storm it doesn't have those annoying 'charges'. So, what will all of you who have been sorely disappointed with the storm gonna do with all your hard earned cash?

Btw, for those wondering why my experience with the storm was so bad is well, I couldn't type on it. I managed to kill the phone briefly. Yes, the thing crashed in store. This was after playing one freaking video clip. I don't think the storm like babaloyon lol. Pandora still doesn't work! The transitions were so annoying. And overall I'm just glad that so many things were working against me in getting this phone. Now if I could only get something to cut up my voyager then possibly get a bold.
    11-23-08 11:01 PM
    how bout you go to youtube and look at the speed test on the storm the phone seems to work fine and really fast .... theres going to be updates to fix this dont worry
    11-23-08 11:02 PM
    i agree the phn will have a fix to the lil glitches it has i love the phn. i know that all new devices have lil glitches here and there. dee
    11-23-08 11:40 PM
    I'm not to fond of mine but I'm gonna give it some time first. I'd like to see the difference in operating systems. My storm is so laggy I've been turned off to using it. I've had to charge the phone about twice a day ( maybe the battery provided was a bad one & I just need a new one). But besides the OS....my biggest problem is the typing. Can't really say it's bad, it's just not for me. Like most reviews have said, this phone just isn't for everyone.

I'm going to give it until my return policy is almost up and if It hasn't grown on me by then, then I will just exchange it back for the curve. I'll use the extra $$ for christmas shopping lol.
    11-23-08 11:50 PM
    I played with the phone for a while on two seperate occasions and just couldn't convince myself to drop the cash for it. The keyboard was my biggeat issue I guess. I thought it was a interesting new direction for touchscreens but I don't feel it will take place of a physical keyboard. I also didn't get the same wow factor I had when I first played with a pearl, 8800, or the curve. The first time I picked up those devices I felt I had to have them. The storm just didn't do it for me. I'm going to pick up the 8900 instead and use the extra cash towards a 21" cintiq.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 11:57 PM
    I am not unhappy with it. I tried it at the Verizon Store and rather liked it. I believe that about 1000 people had been clicking on it, and I did not think to do a battery pop, so it was kind of sloppy. However, for my needs, I think I will stick with my RAZR v9 for now and maybe get an Apple TV (cheap one) as I dropped Comcast to possibly pay for Storm. The monthly makes me nervous, especially as I really do not know how much it would REALLY be with taxes and that crap.

I am definitely keeping an eye on the Storm. I seem to enjoy the obsessive wait/chase at least as much as getting it I am keeping a keen eye on on a Dell laptop that is supposed to be out in Novemeber, but no one has a clue. Studio XPS 13.3 for those that care/follow that stuff
    11-24-08 12:25 AM
    Wait.......................... on the Niagra I guess. Still pondering the return.
    11-24-08 12:34 AM
    (see my signature)

Will get Curve 8900 (Javelin)

I am too hooked on 2 thumb (nail) qwerty typing on a mini hardware keyboard + mostly need to use it when I am in range of wifi + G3 just seems like a battery draining nightmare...

Look into the BB Magnum..?

But I like that Curve scroll wheel..

I wouldn't kick a 3G Curve 8900 out of bed if it tried to get in with me.. but that's just a dream .. perhaps late 2009?

Form factor baby! I think BB got it perfect with the Curve.. I predict many wont want to leave it. I dont!

Last edited by Casper TFG; 11-24-08 at 11:25 AM.
    11-24-08 11:23 AM
    For those who either bought the Storm and are unhappy with it or played with it like I did today (and hated it) what are you doing with all the money you've saved up for it? Personally, I'm gettin me an Xbox 360. Getting a nice cheep price for everything. Plus, unlike the Storm it doesn't have those annoying 'charges'. So, what will all of you who have been sorely disappointed with the storm gonna do with all your hard earned cash?
    Storm or Xbox 360???? Dude, no offense but you obviously have no BUSINESS getting any BB in the first place.
    11-24-08 11:33 AM
    Personally, I'm gettin me an Xbox 360. Getting a nice cheep price for everything. Plus, unlike the Storm it doesn't have those annoying 'charges'.
    But don't you have to pay $50 a year just to get online?
    11-24-08 11:54 AM
    i am quite happy with mine honestly, and the upcomming update should really smooth things out. I am however gonna give the Omnia a look when it comes out for Verizon I belive this week. Just to check it out but I highly doubt I'd make a awitch to WM. But like I said I like the device now, and worst case if I truely can't stand it a few months from now, the Niagra will be waiting in May.
    11-24-08 11:58 AM
    Storm or Xbox 360???? Dude, no offense but you obviously have no BUSINESS getting any BB in the first place.
    Because I like fun? Well, xbox is no wii but still dude. I'm mainly using it as a streaming device through my mac. And btw, I was gonna get the storm for personal use. I don't care for profession crap never have never will. I'm a lazy *** and damn proud of it!

But don't you have to pay $50 a year just to get online?
    One payment. 50 bucks for one year. That's if I wanna play with other's online. You can totally connect online through a hard line connection but I'm gettin the wireless one.
    11-24-08 05:41 PM
    Because I like fun? Well, xbox is no wii but still dude. I'm mainly using it as a streaming device through my mac. And btw, I was gonna get the storm for personal use. I don't care for profession crap never have never will. I'm a lazy *** and damn proud of it!

One payment. 50 bucks for one year. That's if I wanna play with other's online. You can totally connect online through a hard line connection but I'm gettin the wireless one.
    Good luck with the wireless option. I bet you'll be hooking up a hard line faster than it took you to return the Storm.
    11-24-08 05:46 PM
    I don't care for profession crap never have never will. I'm a lazy *** and damn proud of it!
    That pretty much sums it up right there.

On another note, I once bought a pillow to hammer in a nail.
    11-24-08 05:47 PM
    ROFL, a 360?? While I'm keeping my storm, I can't help but think of the red ring of
    death on the 360. I have yet to get that, buy I know 2 people who have. I can recommend GOW2.

11-24-08 06:36 PM

Btw, for those wondering why my experience with the storm was so bad is well, I couldn't type on it. I managed to kill the phone briefly. Yes, the thing crashed in store. This was after playing one freaking video clip. I don't think the storm like babaloyon lol. Pandora still doesn't work! The transitions were so annoying. And overall I'm just glad that so many things were working against me in getting this phone. Now if I could only get something to cut up my voyager then possibly get a bold.
    Yeah, I guess you've never heard of the RED RING OF DEATH that almost all XBOX 360 consoles will run into. Give me a break. Blackberry rules
    11-24-08 06:53 PM
    Why is that? Because he likes video games, that makes him not worthy of owning a BB? Give me a break. I am a sucessful business operate who lives on his BB and needs all of its functionality to keep me running and I have a 360 and a PS3...so???

11-24-08 07:13 PM
    I've killed 4 360s. Not one red ring yet. And its he only console that I really like even with the problems.

11-24-08 07:40 PM
    Good luck with the wireless option. I bet you'll be hooking up a hard line faster than it took you to return the Storm.
    Ok, you didn't even read my post. I said i played with the storm. Got a decent amount of time with it and it sucked. As for wireless it works just fine in my house. And yes, I'm a freakin mac so while i do hate the red ring of death im covered under that for warranty. Now as for my trade off, I'm gonna enjoy having something that I like instead of something that's still very much apparently in BETA for god's sake. I didn't like typing on the iphone either. I'd much prefer the bold if I can try it. I just don't think virtual keyboards can work that well. Oh, and yeah, I think typing on the keypad for a 360 controller is way better. Ok, what now?
    11-25-08 01:12 PM
    If you don't like the storm and got rid of it or aren't going to buy it, why are you still here?
    11-25-08 01:16 PM
    <3 360 <3 my storm... It's like the best of both worlds. I used a curve and a pearl before getting the storm and I will admit that the full qwerty keyboard on the storm is nothing like the curves physical keyboard. But I find the suretype on screen keyboard to be the same as the pearl.

I type just as fast as using a pearl. I try to never type in qwerty unless i have to.
    11-25-08 01:22 PM
    Those of us who are early adopters of new and different technologies are most likely more forgiving than those of you who don't. A few bugs here and there are completely normal for new items that just went to the market.

That being said, it seems to me the *only* issues I've had were software related. The quality of build, feel, look and interface of the phone are quite good. (IMHO, of course)
    11-25-08 01:28 PM
    I switched back to my curve until the software update. Couldn't handle all the bugs.

11-25-08 01:30 PM
    Why is that? Because he likes video games, that makes him not worthy of owning a BB? Give me a break. I am a sucessful business operate who lives on his BB and needs all of its functionality to keep me running and I have a 360 and a PS3...so???

haha you tell them .. I dont know what up with all these storm people who wanna act like there **** dont stink .. its just a phone stop treating people like crap over it or see your way out of crackberry .. sick of seeing this **** .. people being treated like crap over a phone .. grow up !
    11-25-08 01:31 PM
    haha you tell them .. I dont know what up with all these storm people who wanna act like there **** dont stink .. its just a phone stop treating people like crap over it or see your way out of crackberry .. sick of seeing this **** .. people being treated like crap over a phone .. grow up !
    I agree. There are no rules to owning a Blackberry. I'm a SAHM....is it ok if I own one, or do I have to work outside the home to have one?

Just a little sarcasm.....
    Last edited by Jane_G; 11-25-08 at 01:59 PM.
    11-25-08 01:43 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD