Disagree. It's clear RIM did not want to build an OS from the ground up for a touchscreen device. (For whatever reason: too costly, not streamlined, straying from their tried,tested,and,true business model)

that's such a weak and over used
    excuse. They could have very well kept the UI friendly by building from the ground up. Would have made the phone stable and way more user friendly/streamlined.

Instead they compromised in an effort to save money. Well that is backfiring on them : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 01:32 PM
    I wonder if you even read before posting. You basically repeated my post.

I agree:
    Their UI as it stands now is not user-friendly.

I agree:
    Ease of use is something they could have addressed had they built it up from the ground up.

I agree:
    They did compromise to save money.

I disagree:
    A new OS would not be streamlined. Building from the ground up means straying from their previous OSes. That would argue against a streamlined product line.

I disagree:
    It has nothing to do with stability. Their patchwork OS was unstable. You think creating a brand new OS guarantees stability?

I disagree:
    Backfire? It still seems to be plenty popular. Patchwork OS or not.
    02-21-09 02:02 PM
    You guys are posting in a troll bait thread...
    02-22-09 07:40 AM
    I tested the Browser speed against my friends iPhone, and the Storm won for all the sites we tested...

The iPhone had alot of trouble with sites that didnt have a Mobile page..

Ill stick with my Storm ...

My friends touted the iPhone's ability to use Wi-Fi.

I stated ..I guess if your carriers network is sooo shoddy that you are required to use Wi-Fi .. that would be a benefit.

My only complaint is Verizon's un-willingness to release new version of software for the Storm....
    02-22-09 03:45 PM
    Many storm owners are in denial. The strom was touted by many as the iphone killer before launch and now those same people are saying you shouldn't compare the two. RIM could have made this phone into a killer at launch but effed it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree... Either way though the Iphone will never be a BB and I think we can all agree that BBs own.
    02-22-09 03:59 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD