Are you crazy? Have you seen the two phones side by side? Have you seen verizons commercials for the storm saying how its a business phone but WAIT.. it can do music and pictures too...? They do exactly the same things just in different ways. The commercials side by side look so similar and sound so similar that you'd think they were the same phone...

So to those that think the phones are like two completely different, non competing phones... are you serious?

And don't get me wrong... i like the storm much better... just wondering why people are in denial of this fact that they are two phones that do pretty much the exact same things.
    02-11-09 12:12 AM
    I agree they both are extremely similar. Your right
    though its just user preference.... Me, I'm sticking
    With my BlackBerry storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 12:24 AM

So to those that think the phones are like two completely different, non competing phones... are you serious?
    oh man....this should be good
    *runs and finds good cover for the flaming*

02-11-09 12:25 AM
    I'd choose my storm over the iPhone anyday

but.. The iPhones hardware, processor is far superior to our phone
    02-11-09 12:27 AM
    I agree. They are meant to compete, however they still are different. A BB is a lot more business friendly than an iPhone will ever be. As for the rest of us, its the closest to an iPhone we Verizon users can get.
    02-11-09 12:30 AM
    I had the iPhone for a while. I liked it and it was a pretty cool device. But for some reason, maybe it was the service or whatever, I was not addicted like I was with my Blackberries of the past. Plus I felt my service with Verizon was much stronger than AT&T (had two lines, the iPhone for att and blackberry/u740 for verizon). I ended up getting the Storm, unlocking it, and using both my verizon line and my att line on the same device (att just for a few rarely made calls and in case of bad verizon service area).

Although it is far from perfect, I have been much more addicted to my Storm than I ever was with my iPhone. I even had to use my buddy's iPhone the other day for something and I was still blah about it.
    02-11-09 12:32 AM
    I like the iphone just cant stand At and T service, plus I work at Verizon (lol)
    02-11-09 01:00 AM
    I had the iPhone for a while. I liked it and it was a pretty cool device. But for some reason, maybe it was the service or whatever, I was not addicted like I was with my Blackberries of the past. Plus I felt my service with Verizon was much stronger than AT&T (had two lines, the iPhone for att and blackberry/u740 for verizon). I ended up getting the Storm, unlocking it, and using both my verizon line and my att line on the same device (att just for a few rarely made calls and in case of bad verizon service area).

Although it is far from perfect, I have been much more addicted to my Storm than I ever was with my iPhone. I even had to use my buddy's iPhone the other day for something and I was still blah about it.
    I didn't think that was possible even if it was unlocked. I thought that if it was unlocked it was only able to use another SIM card if it were for overseas.
    I heard it wouldn't work for on the US GSM network.

I would love to be able to what you have done. Can you elaborate on what you did to get it to work on the US network.

Also... When you have the AT&T SIM installed can you receive calls from both Verizon & AT&T lines without changing any settings.

In other words, say you receive a call on your Verizon line. Then you hangup and 5 minutes later someone calls you on your AT&T line. Will the phone ring, or do you have to change setting so that the phone will receive one or the other.
    I guess what I am asking is will the phone be ready to pick up either signal without having to change any settings. Or will I have to have it set up to receive one or the other.

Thanks in advance for any help or info.
    02-11-09 02:03 AM
    yes i agree tht both phones works pretty the same in some sense..
    both have something tht is lacking in each other... for wht lacking in the storm in my personal view is the vast free application iphone has...other then tht
    BLACKBERRY STORM ANYTIME OF THE DAY ^^
    02-11-09 02:57 AM
    love the smoothness of the iphone, but love everything else about the storm...
    02-11-09 03:24 AM
    I agree. They are meant to compete, however they still are different. A BB is a lot more business friendly than an iPhone will ever be. As for the rest of us, its the closest to an iPhone we Verizon users can get.
    +1, I agree completely.
    02-11-09 08:30 AM
    I do agree that the Storm will always be more business friendly than the iPhone but I think the OP's post is more directed at the people who say "The iPhone is just a toy and the Storm is for serious business users so they don't compare."

The Storm is aimed at the consumer market more than the business market, and if you don't believe that just look at the apps that are surfacing. Lightsabers and farts are not business apps. The Storm vs. IPhone comparison is one that is completely valid.

02-11-09 12:59 PM
    Well a Big difference is IPhone is on its second hardware revision and the over all platform has been out for 2 years. As of now they are directly competing phones. Wait till the Storm has some experience under its belt and see how close they might be.

\/\/\/ EDIT and as to my post they have had two years to "well design and polish". The IPhone still hasn't worked out the kinks they promised in the beginning. \/\/\/
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 02-11-09 at 03:52 PM.
    02-11-09 01:37 PM
    People rightfully think the iPhone is completely different because, the OS is responsive, well designed and polished, there are thousands of useful apps, you do not need to pull the battery out every other day.
    02-11-09 01:57 PM
    From my experience with the iPhone I will say it's chief advantage is the fluidity of the UI. Other than that, the device itself is not better (or worse) than the Storm. Granted, I've only played with the Storm in the store so far since I have to wait 3 weeks to get mine but it compared favorably to the iPhone if you ask me.

I think Apple would be smart to let users replace their own batteries and use memory cards- even if it meant a slightly thicker phone. Also, AT&T blows!!

PS- Apple also needs to let folks record video. My friends and I exchange funny clips all the time. For all the props the iPhone receives, it's missing a few features that damn near every feature phone offers. Apple excels in software but their hardware is always compromised (ie- no media card slots on their computers and limited USB ports).
    Last edited by Treo700p; 02-11-09 at 03:01 PM.
    02-11-09 02:58 PM
    Many storm owners are in denial. The strom was touted by many as the iphone killer before launch and now those same people are saying you shouldn't compare the two. RIM could have made this phone into a killer at launch but effed it up.

02-11-09 03:08 PM
    It needs a bit more TLC before i would tout it as a Iphone Killer...but i love the phone regardless and i wouldnt own an iphone anyways simply due to the fact its too played out (yes, i refuse to own the same **** 15 out of 30 people in a room full of college students have...)
    02-11-09 03:26 PM
    love the smoothness of the iphone, but love everything else about the storm...
    Very true.

Best device out there for my needs/wants:

1) push email
    2) touch screen
    3) on Verizon network

Bing, bam, boom.
    02-11-09 03:32 PM
    I was offered a free iPhone 3 times. Never wanted one but drooled over the Storm.

I got a storm (big surprise) and have never regretted it. Still on my original 9500, which I got before you lot over the pond even saw a 9530 lol!
    02-11-09 05:30 PM
    it is a blackberry and not made by apple... that is the difference
    02-11-09 07:25 PM
    it is a blackberry and not made by apple... that is the difference
    means that it is more stylish... blah blah and apple a day keeps the doctor away

i'd rather eat blackberries they taste better... and you don't get the peel stuck in your teeth...
    02-12-09 12:45 AM
    People rightfully think the iPhone is completely different because, the OS is responsive, well designed and polished, there are thousands of useful apps, you do not need to pull the battery out every other day.
    1. My Storm's OS responds as fast as my girlfriend's iPhone. Admittedly not at release but since .80-something
    2. 'Polish' is the correct word. Fingernail polish makes a lady's hands look nice but little else worthwhile
    3. The Itune's App Store has been open since July 2008. The real RIM App Store has been open since... Um, help me out here on how to quantify something that doesn't exist yet. And I've looked thru the iTunes App Store. There are not thousands of useful apps. There are thousands of pieces of useless junk, dozens of useful apps and about a hundred copies of the useful apps
    4. There's a thread in the beta os subforum of people's uptime. It shows there are many people who do not pull their battery every other day. Or even once a week.

I pulled my battery twice today. Once was because the phone locked up when I received a txt message while testing a custom alert while playing music via bt (yeah, that happens all the time ). And the second was after loading .103
    02-12-09 01:24 AM
    I had an Iphone 3g, and went back to the berry with the storm. The storm may have it glitches and bugs, but the Iphone3g had its share of problems too. Freezing up, bad battery life, apps not opening dropping calls, internet not opening etc. I'm alot happier with the Storm then with the iPhone.
    As to the Storm being an iphone killer, i see it as yes and no. Once everythign becomes smooth with the storm, and they take care of hardware errors, all it would need is the Iphone fad to wear off.
    Last edited by gigajoe84; 02-21-09 at 11:43 AM.
    02-21-09 11:33 AM
    Many storm owners are in denial. The strom was touted by many as the iphone killer before launch and now those same people are saying you shouldn't compare the two. RIM could have made this phone into a killer at launch but effed it up.

Well its not RIM's fault. They were being pressured by service providers to get the storm out for christmas.
    02-21-09 11:52 AM

Disagree. It's clear RIM did not want to build an OS from the ground up for a touchscreen device. (For whatever reason: too costly, not streamlined, straying from their tried,tested,and,true business model)

That alone "dooms" the Storm in the minds of many as an "iPhone killer".

I will agree they should have cleaned up the bugs before launch. But like all of us, someone from above called down with time restraints and they pushed to market.
    02-21-09 12:26 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD