I called the Best Buy around the corner from where i live and they told me that they had alot of Storms.

Low and behold i go and they have around 15-20 Storms and said no one had come in to get any.

So i say to you if you want a Storm to check Best Buy, because not only do they have them but you get a free Plantronics Explorer 360 Bluetooth headset.

Another observation i made is from using the phone out of the box it seems to run alot better than the demos they had at verizon. mainly this is probably due to everyone on it opening various programs and it starting to lag because of RAM issues.

So yea i just wanted to share that tidbit of knowledge with you guys.

If you have any questions let me know.

Oh and YES you can upgrade and open a new line at Best Buy
    11-22-08 03:34 PM
    Thanks a lot, i called my best buy after i read this and they said they had a bunch.

I went over there and got mine. They were selling at least 3 others at the same time to other people and they had a full case off them. And I got a free bluetooth!
    11-22-08 06:38 PM
    Agreed, I picked up my Storm last night from Best Buy, they had a ton of them left.
    11-22-08 06:40 PM
    the problem with me is that i have to buy the BB storm @ full retail price, even though you get a free bluetooth doesn't it cost $600
    11-22-08 06:42 PM
    I got mine from Best Buy this morning, they sold the last 3 while I was getting set up but said there were stores that had plenty in stock. Paid $199 got the free Bluetooth headset which works nicely, and had them call Verizon to add insurance. I was in and out in 30 minutes.
    11-22-08 07:00 PM
    I tried the Best Buys in New York City... all of them told me that if I hadn't preordered, I'm out of luck.
    11-22-08 07:20 PM
    I was at the Best Buy mobile store today in the Fair Oaks mall, DC suburb, and they had a few to sell.
    11-22-08 07:25 PM
    No I payed $199.
    11-22-08 07:35 PM
    All the BB's near me are sold out. I just thought that if I could get one there and cancel my order. But there wasn't any.
    11-22-08 07:36 PM
    Is it a Verizon kiosk inside Best Buy?
    Do they honor the new every two discounts?
    11-22-08 07:39 PM
    No poolshark. They're just authorized to sell them. Its not separate. Not sure about the NE2. Call them.
    11-22-08 07:43 PM
    No poolshark. They're just authorized to sell them. Its not separate. Not sure about the NE2. Call them.
    Ok, thanks.
    11-22-08 07:45 PM
    I just called mine. They said I could get it for $199, but I wouldn't get the $50 off VIP discount that I got going through Verizon. No headset either, just a free data transfer and e-mail set up.
    11-22-08 07:45 PM
    HAHA!! I just called one BB here in NYC. (86th st) Said they have 3 available for NEW LINES, but aren't holding them. First come I guess. Just a heads up to fellow New Yorkers.
    11-22-08 07:46 PM
    HAHA!! I just called one BB here in NYC. (86th st) Said they have 3 available for NEW LINES, but aren't holding them. First come I guess. Just a heads up to fellow New Yorkers.
    That's really awful. I feel like going in and pretending I'm a new line and then telling them I'm upgrading.
    11-22-08 07:49 PM
    Keep checking at the bb's because there are also people who r returning their preorders

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:28 PM
    Is it a Verizon kiosk inside Best Buy?
    Do they honor the new every two discounts?
    I picked up one from Best Buy this morning. Their upgrade price was $199 and I had a letter offer from Verizon with another $50 off for my NE2 and they took that off also. Nice part was there are no rebates to send in.

I don't think they do it automatically and it is up to their discretion, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    11-22-08 08:32 PM
    any BBs in SoCal?
    11-22-08 08:48 PM
    Best Buy in King of Prussia, PA has several left.
    11-22-08 09:01 PM
    I pre-ordered from best buy and was about to get the phone until they told me they wouldn't match Verizon's price for full retail. I was already having a hard time justifying 500 for the phone, but for 600, I just couldn't do it. Now that I have to wait another 2-3 weeks, its killing me.

But relating to this thread, the manager said they had a bunch and it wasn't busy at all on Friday morning.
    11-22-08 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD