Have you yet to experience the VsOD or any random lock-ups in your experience yet?

I'm running .90 currently, shallow as this sounds, I'm not upgrading just yet because I truly love the bigger keyboard. Though it'll most likely disappear in later updates, I'd like to hold onto it while I still can. I don't experience any random lock-ups yet. Just the VsOD every now and then when I have to pull the battery (I usually turn the radio off before pulling and it helps 100%, but my phone freezes if I by accidentally leave a BBM window open for too long).

I know it's fairly early to start asking. I didnt get my first VsOD in .90 until about 5 days later, but I want to know if the problem still exists in this build. By reading peoples experiences with the new build, I see that the backlight bug is still existing, as well as the freezing in BBM. Anyone notice any other problems as well? (not talking about "browser disappearing" or any problem in which resending service books or other easy fixes apply).

Thanks mates!
    02-02-09 06:41 PM
    So far I havent had it..and ive been purposely rebooting my phone just to see. Ive probably rebooted about 10 times since installing and it hasnt happened yet
    02-02-09 06:44 PM
    I don't want to jinx myself, but I've been running it since the first hour it was out via Kevin, and I haven't gotten a single VSoD or random boot yet...

*crosses fingers* *knocks on wood* *throws salt over left shoulder*
    been running .99 since it leaked... reset a few times, no VSOD and havent heard of any either.... but yes it sucks the lettering on the keys is smaller
    save a video= instant freeze
    02-02-09 06:49 PM
    i had a lockup. keyboard sucks. phone app was fixed. in general its more stable, just not up to par
    02-02-09 06:49 PM
    I've been running it since it first came out. I had an app error last night but no other reboots. Its been acceptable so far. Not perfect, but aceptable. Much more stable than .90, so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 06:53 PM
    This is the best update I have used. Got .75 and .85 when they leaked. Had all sorts of problems with .85. I didn't do a wipe this time when I put on .99 maybe that has something to do with the success.
    02-02-09 06:56 PM
    Got .99. Not a single random reboot or VSOD. Played lots of music with no errors too.

Before .99 I was having the backlight/app switcher error. Have not seen that once on .99.

Best build so far for me. (Just make the keys bigger again)
    02-02-09 06:59 PM
    mine hasn't locked up yet... and i haven't had a single media card error/verizon freeze screen error yet on reboots, it's been really nice actually especially compared to .90 when mine was rebooting every two hours or so -i've had it on all day with no problem, i do have quickpull do a soft reset every morning before i get up so that i have it set for the day but yeah its been really nice thus far... hopefully it remains that way
    02-02-09 07:00 PM
    Ive had several app errors since its been installed. just before i installed .99 i did a wipe and installed .90 then i woke up and .99 was leaked.

Im thinking bout rewiping and putting .99 freshly on it. Ill give it a few more days though.

Did not have any other 3rd party apps installed on it when it did crash.

I just installed WB on it tonight.
    02-02-09 07:04 PM
    I've been running it since it first came out. I had an app error last night but no other reboots. Its been acceptable so far. Not perfect, but aceptable. Much more stable than .90, so far.

Same here... one jvm error with Viigo but that is it. Haven't had a battery pull since leak... so far so good. Was running .86 prior to upgrade. Much better OS this time around. Skipped .90 all together (unusable for me).
    02-02-09 07:04 PM
    I went from .75 to .99. Very fast, I really like it. I had a Seidio 1600 extended battery with .75. It was very poor. I went back to standard battery. With
    .99 and the 1600 extended battery-- I'm at battery 65% with light to moderate activity after 24hrs
    02-02-09 07:12 PM
    I have frozen about 4 times with Google talk since upgrading yesterday morning.
    02-02-09 07:14 PM
    Not a single problem whatsoever and I really really hope they keep the keys smaller.
    02-02-09 07:14 PM
    Got .99 when it was released things that occured:
    One random reboot
    Bad frame rate of the sample video Babylon AD
    Music gets skipped ahead one or two second from beginning of song
    I got one app error when running AIM I hi k the accelormeter messed it up.

BUT no VSOD error or media card error... I have nevr got one of those error before....

02-02-09 07:16 PM
    I get BBM lock ups. about 1-2 a day
    02-02-09 07:18 PM
    I get BBM lock ups. about 1-2 a day
    Same here, but probably 3-4 a day.
    02-02-09 07:21 PM
    Same here, but probably 3-4 a day.
    AHA! im not the only one! the only times it locks up on me is when im playing music and doing lots of BBM! they should fix that... like... now. would be nice
    02-02-09 07:29 PM
    save a video= instant freeze
    Not really true for all... I made / saved 3 without a hitch,
    play back as well... varying lengths.... but none too long.
    I also had 3 other 3rd party apps running as well.

So once again it's the luck of the draw...

(do you save yours to sdMedia?)
    02-02-09 07:34 PM
    I've done a BUNCH of batpulls with mine under .99 (I was having another issue - probably related to a BES issue). Not a single VSOD or stuck "Media Card Inserted". This alone is enough reason to go from .90 to .99
    02-02-09 07:39 PM
    The buttons on the keyboard are the exact same size and have been in all of the builds. Only the size of the font of the characters has changed, so nothing is different.

Otherwise, I had less lock-ups with .90 than I've had with .99 so far.
    02-02-09 07:41 PM
    I have yet to experience any problems

02-02-09 07:48 PM
    Haven't had any issues in terms of stability, though I haven't really used the phone much. The only problem I've noticed so far is the cutoff of the beginning of MP3 files.
    02-02-09 07:58 PM
    .90 Speed, with great stability. I havent had a single problem in this build. i just got it about a day ago tho....and .90 was aight when i first got it. No MP3 problems, or video problems, or any of the others posted here. *knock on wood*

The upgrade to .99 is deff awesome. The only thing i noticed was in the media app, you can see a bit of a gradient in colors, meaning not as smooth of a transition in the colors. But thats ok. Other than that, upgrade now!
    02-02-09 08:06 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD