I have kind of sat back in the shadows on the Storm, seen how my friend has liked his, and continue to read the posts on here. Buddy of mine waiting for his third to come in (Dust under the first one, then a very tight screen on the second). Anyone purchasing them off the shelves recently, how are they now? Have many issues been resolved, or the dust under the screen/tough to click screens still an issue?

I ask because I am thinking of shooting down to Verizon today.

Also, is it going to be hit or miss whether you get a solid phone or not?
    01-25-09 08:02 AM
    Go to verizon, and check every phone until you get one you're happy with. Mine was made back in November and still has not failed me on any hardware levels.
    01-25-09 08:04 AM
    I just got mine Friday (1/23/09) and I haven't had any problems. I wish the reception was as good as my old Pearl but it still works. I pulled the battery once after I got everything synced and loaded but no lock-ups or anything. My only problem with it is not putting it down. I want to tweak everything I can.
    01-25-09 08:22 AM
    I got my storm on Friday I have had no problems. I am loving it
    01-25-09 08:22 AM
    Go to verizon, and check every phone until you get one you're happy with. Mine was made back in November and still has not failed me on any hardware levels.
    lol...awful advice...i know people that are so picky, they would open every storm they have in stock at the store and still walk out with no phone.
    01-25-09 08:57 AM
    If you are sick enough to do that, do us all a favor and skip the phone. You will most definitely be UNhappy with it.
    01-25-09 10:25 AM
    Play with a couple of the floor units first and the pick one up. I love my Storm.

Take advantage of what VZW will give you in terms of the "Worry Free Guarantee" and drive on.

I think you'll like it. If something seems wrong, ask here (even if you don't do a search...don't pay attention to the ankle biters) or ask at the store.

If the Storm is not for you...then it's not for you. There are other blackberry models...the world is your oyster...*L*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 12:25 PM
    Testing the floor models would most likely not produce a realiable conclusion to you buying a Storm. The floor models have most of the apps running in the background, been clicked to death in all the wrong ways and usually produce the wrong image of the storm.
    01-25-09 01:04 PM
    Try it out. You can always take it back if you dont like it. Ive had mine a month and not had any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 02:29 PM
    I bought one on Jan 15th and the screen did not click what-so-ever in the corners. I exchanged it on the 20th and there aren't any hardware problems. Obviously, I still have all the OS bugs that everyone else has.
    01-25-09 02:38 PM
    I almost hated this phone when I first started using it. There are still issues I really hate like speed and lag. That said, this phone will grow on you...or it at least has in my case. But if they want folks with a fast lifestyle that need efficient usage as it relates to phone use, they better get on the ball.
    01-25-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD