when i run as administrator it doesnt read my pin in the loader exe.
    Hmm. Maybe you could uninstall all os's from your pc. Reinstall .517, restart pc and bb and try again. Some people have also said they have a problem when mass storage mode is set to on.
    03-28-10 12:00 AM
    ok ill try restarting my computer. ive already deleted and redownloaded this OS like 3 times. Ive deleted the device and vendor xml too. also ive turned on and off mass storage on these attempts. i know its user error but i can not figure out what im doing wrong. thanks for the help
    03-28-10 12:09 AM
    ok ill try restarting my computer. ive already deleted and redownloaded this OS like 3 times. Ive deleted the device and vendor xml too. also ive turned on and off mass storage on these attempts. i know its user error but i can not figure out what im doing wrong. thanks for the help
    restart your blackberry too and post back if it connects. I would probably just restart your phone and pc before you uninstall/reinstall
    03-28-10 12:12 AM
    its just reading it. thanks for the help though. ill keep trying.
    03-28-10 12:54 AM
    its just reading it. thanks for the help though. ill keep trying.
    What do you mean it's just reading it?
    03-28-10 12:55 AM
    not reading it i mean. when i run as admin. when i dont run as admin it only shows my apps.
    03-28-10 01:03 AM
    I have upgraded twice, the first time I had no problems, the second tim I did. Here is what you have to do. (This will work even if you don't have a data plan)
    1.Uninstall any OS you don't plan on using
    2.Back up any data using desktop manager
    3. Wipe the handheld clean. Settings>security settings>general
    4. Install the OS you plan on using
    5. Navigate to the apploader file, open that and delete the vendor.XML file, then double click the loader file, you then should see the option to upgrade to whatever you are going to. Follow onscreen instructions and you are done!
    03-28-10 05:24 AM
    Doing a security wipe would be useless and has nothing to do with loading a os. Just another step that is not needed. I am curious thow what you think that does? Also what does having a data plan or not have anything to do with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 12:10 PM
    Thanks for the tutorial Hydroz!

I have been on the fence since I got my storm2 about upgrading os. Being my first smart phone I love it and it seemed to run fine on 320. I finally got a quirk on startup. Some exception with java script.

So I followed your tutorial and 30 mins later wallah! 517 installed.
    After a battery pull 517 seems to run much quicker and more responsive.
    My memory went from around 97 on 320 to 115 on 517.

I am so happy so far I might have to clean it slap a new screen protector on it slide her into her innocase2 and add a little lipstick!

Its like a new phone.

Thanks again,
    River
    03-28-10 01:44 PM
    I've done everything by the book according to these instructions. The program will not read the pin during installation.
    03-28-10 03:36 PM
    I've done everything by the book according to these instructions. The program will not read the pin during installation.
    same here.....keep trying though. your bound to get it.
    03-28-10 05:14 PM
    i downloaded the new version of the OS yesterday using Windows 7. As i was doing the upgrading process my computer shut down and restarted in the middle of the upgrade while it was erasing everything from the phone, now the phone wont turn on and the led light flashes 2 times then a pause then again it will flash. And now when i try to do the upgrade all over again it wont let me because one it doesnt recognize the pin on the phone and for two it keeps giving me:
    "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have
    Blackberry Device Software for the device that
    you have connected to the computer. Contact
    your wireless service provider or system administrator."
    So i need help trying to get my phone back together it wont turn on at all anymore and doesnt do anything i have a Blackberry Storm 2 9550.[/SIZE]
    03-28-10 05:36 PM
    Thank you so much for this clear and easy walkthrough. It was my first os upgrade and it went smooooth. Loving the new quickness and extra features of this update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 08:35 PM
    I just wanted to say "THANKS". Your walkthrough was very easy to follow. As the previous person, it was my first os upgrade too. My Storm is working wonderfully to boot.
    03-28-10 09:26 PM
    Thanks for the encouragement. Have you had any success? The only time the PIN gets recognized is when I dbl click the loader.exe. But of course, that only reloads apps not OS .517.
    03-29-10 05:39 AM
    Thanks for the encouragement. Have you had any success? The only time the PIN gets recognized is when I dbl click the loader.exe. But of course, that only reloads apps not OS .517.
    no i havent. what OS are you running on your computer? i have vista. Has anyone successfully downloaded this OS on vista?
    03-29-10 06:42 AM
    running windows 7
    03-29-10 07:55 AM
    Yes I do. This is a great layout but, I can't get the PIN to connect. If I double click on the loader.exe it will connect with the correct PIN but that only gets me the apps not the OS.
    03-29-10 12:50 PM
    No Problems for me

I even installed Lyricidal's .571 Hybrid

It's so nice to have my WeatherBug App changing on Home Screen, Pop-Up Keys
    03-29-10 01:00 PM
    took me a while but thank you, some things i was missing that i never knew i had ,, i can now use

i actually downgraded from .607 gonna give this 24hrs to see if batter life and other things are better right now sitting at .517 or whatever this thread pointed me to.. lets hope this helps i was so tired of the lag that the last os was giving me
    Last edited by joe_fresh; 05-26-10 at 07:08 PM.
    05-26-10 06:04 PM
    Hello their ,
    THANKS ALOT from my heart for that amazing topic , which really helps

but unfort. i have the main problem of most here , i can not upgrade my os
    on my 9520 , however i followed all the instrucations more than 5 times
    and with different os versions from differant countries

and yes , i have deleted the Vendor.xml every time
    tried on BBDM v6 and also on V5

every time their is no updated for the core software
    only loader at last step , lists my own Apps only

and the next step mention that their is no updated for me ,

plz i really need help in that