12. Now just sit back and wait. Your bb will restart and get stuck on the progress bar forever. (don't panic this is normal) and don't unplug from pc until the loader wizard say its finished.
    The all time champion of long waits, that is for sure.

I was upgrading to a replacement SII so did the device change wizard first. Once I had the phone working I upgraded with your instructions perfectly. I did disconnect from the internet before starting loader, but that probably wasn't needed.

Thanks for posting.
    03-23-10 03:27 PM
    Thanks for the walkthru. First time ever updating my BB OS and it went without a hitch thanks to your clear instructions.
    03-23-10 08:01 PM
    Thanks for the walkthrough! My first time, too, and it worked like a charm.
    03-23-10 08:14 PM
    I have followed all the necessary steps to upgrade my OS and when I right click the loader.exe file and run as administrator my pin # does not show up to start the install/upgrade options. Is there a step that I maybe missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-24-10 12:25 AM
    I have followed all the necessary steps to upgrade my OS and when I right click the loader.exe file and run as administrator my pin # does not show up to start the install/upgrade options. Is there a step that I maybe missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Does your pc see the phone when its plugged in?
    Try restarting both your phone and pc and try again
    03-24-10 08:24 AM
    Yes when I plug my phone in to my computer it recognizes the phone. I tried a restart and still does not work. When I double click the loader.exe file it recognizes my pin but only lets me add or remove applications it does have the option to update the OS. When I right click and run as administrator I still have the same problem where my pin does not show up at all. Thanks again for your help.
    03-24-10 10:22 PM
    Did you delete the vendor file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 11:46 PM
    Yes vendor file is deleted and in my previous post I meant to say that when I double click the loader file it does not show any option to upgrade my OS only the applications.
    03-25-10 12:54 AM
    what happens if you try upload this to a drm phone?
    03-25-10 12:16 PM
    what happens if you try upload this to a drm phone?
    5.0.0.517 will only work for a 9550

You might want to have a look here for your phone

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/952...-fixes-441967/
    03-25-10 12:23 PM
    Heads Up to Hydroz23 and Howarmat: My download went great. Read the whole thread and now I DON'T want to trade my phone in. It works great! I follow the threads in this forum and y'all seem to know what your speaking of. Great work and great advice. Thanks. I was going to return my phone until Matt said it's basically a software prob and he was right. Kudos to all who contribute and thanks to all who will help a newbie.
    03-25-10 05:27 PM
    Heads Up to Hydroz23 and Howarmat: My download went great. Read the whole thread and now I DON'T want to trade my phone in. It works great! I follow the threads in this forum and y'all seem to know what your speaking of. Great work and great advice. Thanks. I was going to return my phone until Matt said it's basically a software prob and he was right. Kudos to all who contribute and thanks to all who will help a newbie.
    Its no problem. .320 sucks and anything above that is much much better. Howarmat must tell people ten times a day that have problems to upgrade. Some never will and will just complain forever about issues that have been resolved in later builds. Glad you got it working!
    03-25-10 05:33 PM
    No, thank you for the step by step with pics! That goes beyond the call. My GF almost went to a Droid...almost. But, she started reading stuff on this site and downloading apps..she's hooked! I never tried a Droid. Loved BB from the minute I received my Pearl and found this website and that was 3 years ago.
    03-25-10 05:51 PM
    No, thank you for the step by step with pics! That goes beyond the call. My GF almost went to a Droid...almost. But, she started reading stuff on this site and downloading apps..she's hooked! I never tried a Droid. Loved BB from the minute I received my Pearl and found this website and that was 3 years ago.

Yep for me it is truly a addiction!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 06:00 PM
    i have nv updated a bb b4 and unsure what should i back up on the phone is it stuff like music/apps/videos/pics and stuff like that including contacts?
    03-25-10 06:32 PM
    i have nv updated a bb b4 and unsure what should i back up on the phone is it stuff like music/apps/videos/pics and stuff like that including contacts?
    Backup your apps and then just do a full backup of all your databases. Your music/videos/pics should all be stored on your sd card so no need to touch that. If they are not then just move them to your card
    03-25-10 06:48 PM
    I am a techno-**** but with these instructions I just updated my brand new storm2. Thanks Hydroz!
    03-25-10 09:42 PM
    im having trouble downloading this os. Ive followed the steps and still nothing. tried loader.exe, tried dm with and with internet but still nothing. please help guys
    03-25-10 10:13 PM
    im having trouble downloading this os. Ive followed the steps and still nothing. tried loader.exe, tried dm with and with internet but still nothing. please help guys
    Did you install os on pc?
    Did you delete vendor file?
    Did you right click on loader.exe and run as administrator?
    03-25-10 11:28 PM
    yes ive done all that....lol the only successful thing ive done was do a wipe on my phone. im redownloading my dm now.
    03-25-10 11:47 PM
    Why doesn't the loader show my connection? Click on down arrow, nothing to select. Port option not available. Tried this 8 times, can't get by this.
    03-27-10 01:18 PM
    im updating my device but is it normal for my phone to be blank and it takes forever to erase applictations
    03-27-10 10:35 PM
    im updating my device but is it normal for my phone to be blank and it takes forever to erase applictations
    Yes it will take a while
    03-27-10 11:11 PM
    Why doesn't the loader show my connection? Click on down arrow, nothing to select. Port option not available. Tried this 8 times, can't get by this.
    Did you right click and run as administrator?
    03-27-10 11:12 PM
    when i run as administrator it doesnt read my pin in the loader exe.
    03-27-10 11:43 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD