crucial stated in another thread that all devices hes seen made after dec 3rd should be fine.
    12-28-08 06:58 PM
    Glad you made this post. I just got back from my Verizon Store getting a replacement and I was going to make a post like this but I'll just support yours!

I got my Storm on Christmas and right out of the box I could tell I got "one of the bad ones." The screen felt very "spongy" in the corners and on the sides. This made typing in QWERTY almost impossible without the business card trick. I was even planning on going to Home Depot today to get a torx screwdriver to try loosing the screws when I thought to myself "Wait a second... why the **** would I put myself through any of this? I paid money for this thing and it's clearly broken. They need to fix it."

I went to the Verizon Store and the replacement was TOTALLY hassle-free! My suggestion to anyone getting a replacement is to make sure that from the start you present this as a HARDWARE problem. Don't mention problems you've had with the software because they will either A) Say a new firmware is about to be released that should fix your problems etc or B) try to run you through their troubleshooting flow chart. Who has time for that when you know your phone is broken?

I told the woman at the store that I have "one of the bad screens people have been talking about" and told her to pull up the QWERTY keyboard and try typing for herself. That was enough to convince her.

The difference between my original screen and the replacement is night and day. The click is consistent and responsive across the entire screen including the corners and edges, no business card required! Very pleased.

So I encourage anyone considering a replacement to go for it. There IS a better Storm out there.
    12-28-08 07:47 PM
    crucial stated in another thread that all devices hes seen made after dec 3rd should be fine.
    How do I found out what the Manufacture date is
    12-28-08 07:55 PM
    If i take my storm to a store to get a replacement, should i downgrade my software to the official verizon release? I'm currently running .85
    12-28-08 09:50 PM
    Are the replacements coming out as 21009s? I'm gonna try to replaced but they won't send me a FRU, they're just sending me a brand new one in box. And now they won't ship me they're asking me to go into a store and that store only has 19502s
    Where do you see whether you have a 21009 or a 19502?
    12-28-08 09:54 PM
    Where do you see whether you have a 21009 or a 19502?
    It is on the bottom, left hand corner of the white lable on the box the Storm came in.

Mine was mfg'ed in Mexico on 12-5 and is a 19502. I have one spec of dust under the screen and light bleed around the edges, however, I think the screen feels good. I bought from Best Buy - do I have to go through them for a replacement? I have only had it for 10 days.
    12-28-08 10:50 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD