Popped my Crackberry Cherry just now with my first OS update. .75 to .109. Haven't had a chance to really test the OS yet but thanks to all here at CB for sucking me into the "modding game" .... I hate you all, thank you very much ... LOL J/K.

I updated my Desktop Manager to the newest version 4.7.0.32 and all went smooth thanks to the great instructions posted here. I did backup my 3rd party apps first but they all appear to be intact after the update as far as I can tell. Still, nice to have them in a safe place for future reference. Took about 20 minutes once I hit the GO button.

As soon as I finished extracting the OS from the ZIP archive and then installed it I hooked up the Storm via USB and then launched Desktop Manager. It immediately found the updated OS version and asked if I wanted to install it. I did not need to delete the vendor.xml file. I did remove my ethernet cable from my PC but I really don't think I needed to. The new version of DM was ready to rock right from the start. Once it finished I didn't even need a battery pull. The Storm was already at the "Welcome/ Setup" screen ready to go.

I reactivated my Verizon connection. No problem. My e-mail accounts were still all set up but I resent Service Books anyway just to be sure. Reset my "power-saver" options that I like back to where they were and that was that.

All in all, not a bad experience.
    03-01-09 12:53 AM
    Well, found one glitch actually. The OS included an update for VZNavigator from 4.2.17 to 4.2.20. When I tried to launch it went into a "Requesting Data" loop and did not start. I uninstalled just the app and then reinstalled it using DM ... works perfect now.
    03-01-09 01:38 AM
    Hey Guys, so i've got the update, I loaded .109 and wow yeah its a huge difference, im gonna end up keeping the storm! Woot Woot for Leaked Betas!!
    03-01-09 08:33 PM
    Has anyone who moved to 109 also used their 9530 as a tethered modem? I can't afford to not have the ability to tether my laptop in the field.
    03-01-09 09:14 PM
    i just used my friends .75 storm, and wow!! what a huge difference, so laggy.....
    03-01-09 09:51 PM
    I was about to update to .109
    I have a unlocked storm and thought what if I have to unlock it again

what would happen if I update it?

and I heard others have problems with .109 on other networks
    03-01-09 10:02 PM
    how can i get the 109
    03-02-09 01:26 AM
    I finally took the plunge!! I went from .75 to .109. Man what a difference. This phone has so much potential and it is so plainly obvious when a software upgrade can make it behave this much better. Simply amazing. Guess i gotta change my signature now!! :-)
    03-02-09 01:52 AM
    Does this also apply to Bell mobility clients such as me? I find that my .76 is laggy for me, so i want to plunge in and upgrade!

JP
    03-02-09 07:32 AM
    I was about to update to .109
    I have a unlocked storm and thought what if I have to unlock it again

what would happen if I update it?

and I heard others have problems with .109 on other networks
    Once you unlock, it is permanently unlocked, updating the OS won't affect that.
    03-02-09 08:52 AM
    .109 is much quicker than .75. I too did not do a full wipe and it worked out great. Used CrackMem to gain some memory.
    03-02-09 09:27 AM
    Appreciate the advice, but I will wait until something more solid comes out. .75 may be slow, but there are not too many problems.
    03-02-09 09:35 AM
    No one should ever be afraid to upgrade. Lets say you do upgrade to .109 and for some dumb reason dont like it, you can always go back to .75. Thats why Desktop Manager is there. Don't worry, life isn't perfect so there is going to be flaws. Life is full of risks, you just some times have to jump head first and hope for the best.
    03-02-09 09:37 AM
    I finally upgraded for the first time over the weekend, also to .109. I kept waiting because I thought an official release would be out soon, but that got old.

I noticed a little more free app memory. And thing got faster, but I wouldn't call it "snappy" as so many other people do. To me, it's still slow...but I've probably reached the point where I don't expect the Storm to ever be fast like the Bold....where when I click on Calender on the home screen, it's up basically instantly, not after a half a second(vs a full second on .75).

But it's a little faster, a little more memory, and stable, so an improvement from .75.
    03-02-09 10:29 AM
    mannn I can't believe how easy it was
    It took about 15 min and everything remaind on the phone (apps, contacts, msgs... ) don't know if everything should've been erased since everyone is saying back up before updating or it automaticly restored from the back up file

I noticed it's faster and the camera is working the way it's suppose to (no more blank screen after taking a pic)

+ I got a txt from verizon welcoming me to verizon but it automaticly switched to At&t
    03-03-09 02:03 AM
    the memory was 51 before updating
    35 after updating
    and 56 after battery pull
    03-03-09 02:28 AM
    Hello,

Looking for .109 look no more and just click the link below

Welcome
    03-03-09 02:51 AM
    Thanks to you edwinc8811 and others on your thread i installed .109 on my storm last friday. I've had no problems with the way I use it battery or otherwise. Used megaupload.com and the process was seamless. Thanx!
    03-06-09 11:28 PM
193 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD