03-06-09 11:28 PM
193 12345 ...
tools
    I had to go back to the OEM theme. I was having a bit of a lag. Now it's almost perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 12:15 PM
    I've been running .75 and was planning on awaiting the next formal release, but you guys are tempting me. Where do I find the step by step upgrade process and the 109 download file?
    Radu
    02-26-09 12:25 PM
    I've been wanting to upgrade into a beta, but continue to hold off.
    For me, its not the install process, that will get worked out; rather its the intermittent crashes that some folks have reported.

.75 has been rock solid for me, no issues whatsoever. I do so look forward to the next stable release...

So for now, I have to vicariously enjoy thru others while hearing the about the various improvements and have many things to look forward to when the GC is released.
    Yeah... what he said. And in addition to that, I am a wimp and I am so scared I will mess up my device. It is so "on point" with all of my app and cool stuff. I can't risk messing that up. Or can I???
    02-26-09 12:34 PM
    So basically the process is backup the storm and then download the actualy OS and then plug in to the DM and follow all the on screen instructions?
    Where's the best place to get a trusted copy?
    At work now will have to download when I get off...
    02-26-09 12:38 PM
    Yeah... what he said. And in addition to that, I am a wimp and I am so scared I will mess up my device. It is so "on point" with all of my app and cool stuff. I can't risk messing that up. Or can I???
    Hey soror!
    My blood runs pink and green too <3
    02-26-09 12:38 PM
    I was debating on returning my phone to wait for the new BB's to come out for verizon in May but it sounds like there is a huge difference in the speed and functionality for the storm if you upgrade.......what do you guys think I should do? Return my Storm and wait for the Verizon Bold/Curve or Keep my storm and upgrade the OS?
    02-26-09 12:42 PM
    I can attest. Upgrading and downgrading an OS is not difficult at all. Follow the directions in the sticky on the main forums and you're golden.

Though I somehow always find myself going back to .75.
    02-26-09 12:45 PM
    Oh ok...why do you find yourself going back to .75?

Will the stickys say what to do with the 3rd party apps?
    02-26-09 12:46 PM
    I was debating on returning my phone to wait for the new BB's to come out for verizon in May but it sounds like there is a huge difference in the speed and functionality for the storm if you upgrade.......what do you guys think I should do? Return my Storm and wait for the Verizon Bold/Curve or Keep my storm and upgrade the OS?
    I would stick with it. I'm new to Blackberry but not new to tech toys.

The Storm is an awesome device and has the potential to be so much greater. I'd hang on to it.
    02-26-09 12:50 PM
    All my 3rd party app were there. I did not have any issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 12:52 PM
    I would stick with it. I'm new to Blackberry but not new to tech toys.

The Storm is an awesome device and has the potential to be so much greater. I'd hang on to it.
    Yeah im not new to tech toys either, and this is also my first BB as well, its a hard decision because i've tried out the new 8900 curve and the bold and they are amazingly fast compared to the current OS on the storm and typing just seems much easier with actual keys, so thats there my debate lies.....
    02-26-09 12:53 PM
    Hey soror!
    My blood runs pink and green too <3

What's up soror? Trying to get someon to make a pink and green AKA theme!
    02-26-09 01:00 PM
    I was debating on returning my phone to wait for the new BB's to come out for verizon in May but it sounds like there is a huge difference in the speed and functionality for the storm if you upgrade.......what do you guys think I should do?
    One of my buddies at work has the storm as well. He just bought it about a month ago. His was always faster then mine with .75. Today after i upgraded we've been running a few comparison test. We have tested every thing imaginable. I got him beat in every test performed so far.
    02-26-09 01:01 PM
    yeah, dont compare anything to the storms .75 OS. i cant believe how ridiculously slow it was and i did not realize it. as for the typing, you just need to get used to it and typing lag is much less on .109
    02-26-09 01:01 PM
    What's up soror? Trying to get someon to make a pink and green AKA theme!
    That would be tooooo perfect.
    With pearls. I wish I could do it myself.
    02-26-09 01:09 PM
    after reading this thread, i'm almost convinced to upgrade from .75, but i read where someone said i would have to reconnect with the bis servers? i'm not even sure how i could do that. could someone clarify this minor point for me.
    02-26-09 01:37 PM
    after reading this thread, i'm almost convinced to upgrade from .75, but i read where someone said i would have to reconnect with the bis servers? i'm not even sure how i could do that. could someone clarify this minor point for me.
    I didn't have to do that. Each time I upgraded nothing about my email on BIS changed, and all of my emails were still there.
    Is that what you mean?
    02-26-09 01:39 PM
    i think so, so it's pretty much on autopilot even after the install? i don't have to do much else, other than take out the batter?

where is a good place to download .109?
    02-26-09 01:43 PM
    I am kind of eager to get home now and put it to the test...sigh...2 1/2 hours more....
    02-26-09 01:44 PM
    I didn't have to do anything either. Just do it! U will enjoy it.
    We're here to help if you need us!
    02-26-09 01:51 PM
    what is the link to download 109 to my comp. I'm scared also but I think im gonna do it if I can get the error fixed.
    02-26-09 02:01 PM
    Every time I time to download .109 through Megaupload it stops with like 10% loaded everytime. The paper still flies to the folder but after about thirty minutes I give up. Is this normal? I want to upgrade from .75 but I have this problem everytime.
    02-26-09 02:16 PM
    Every time I time to download .109 through Megaupload it stops with like 10% loaded everytime. The paper still flies to the folder but after about thirty minutes I give up. Is this normal? I want to upgrade from .75 but I have this problem everytime.
    Yeah... something isn't right VG. I won't be home until after 9 EST... but if you don't get it going before then PM me and I'll put it on my server tonight.
    02-26-09 02:23 PM
    Yeah... something isn't right VG. I won't be home until after 9 EST... but if you don't get it going before then PM me and I'll put it on my server tonight.
    Thanks, I am out of town right now and will not be home till Saturday night. I will try it one more time while here when I go to dinner. I will let you know, thanks again for the offer of help.
    02-26-09 02:31 PM
    theres a thread called official .109 something. just go there for the download, there are two mirrors to download from
    02-26-09 02:33 PM
193 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD