I've been playin with lots of hybrid o.s. N I've been using the stock browser. It has improved a lot
    But wondering if its worth wasting app. Memory for third party browser like opera mini.

Are there any that people recommend n is it drastic enough to warrent downloading it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 01:40 PM
    I think most people like Opera Mini, for me the Factory BB browser works fine, have never had an issue getting to a page. But that is my experience and my usage of it.
    05-14-09 01:52 PM
    The other browsers are not very good because they are incompatible with the Storm. I can't see what people like about BOLT - I hate it myself. The BB browser works fine although it has issues of its own.
    05-14-09 01:53 PM
    I looove Opera Mini. It is lightning fast compared to BB browser. There are several tweaks you need to do to use on the storm.

1. goto Opera settings and deselect "auto-complete address input"
    2. If the keyboard keeps showing up, then goto BB options, select Opera mini and disable compatibility mode.

There are others you can search for, but these were the main ones. Keep in mind, this version isn't tailored for the storm yet. IDK when that update will be released.
    05-14-09 01:54 PM
    I use both opera and the bb browser. The BB browser is fine for every day stuff, but Opera is great when I'm loading a very resource-heavy web page or using a site with a bunch of javascript (the BB browser doesn't handle js all too well).

I don't like using it all the time because it's got poor storm compatibility. Contrary to what was said above, there are no plans to release a storm-compatible update to the current version. They make take the storm into account when working on future releases, but according to this: Opera Software at CTIA: No New BlackBerry-Specific Browser; Ball is in RIM’s Court | CIO - Blogs and Discussion there won't be a decent Opera release for any BBs for a while.
    05-14-09 02:59 PM
    I loved the speed of Opera Mini and the Bolt browser, but in the end I deleted them both. Why you ask? Because I was wasting more time going back and forth between incorrectly selected links and using the menu to do things I can do with touch on the OEM than I was saving in the rendering with the others. And now with the later OS's the OEM browser speed has increased significantly anyway.

Specific complaints:

Opera Mini: Nearly impossible to select the correct link, many links were completely impossible to select, and the biggest problem was that it was not possible to enter web addresses with numbers in them. Very fast, but very frustrating.

Bolt: My biggest complaint with Bolt is that it was constantly splitting into two screens and I couldn't figure out why or how to close the second box. Having to close out the browser and start over every other time I clicked on something was very, very frustrating. Plus with Bolt you have to use the menu to zoom in and out. Annoying.

But, you can always delete them if you don't like them though, so maybe it's worth a try for you? I'm waiting for something better to come along...I can hope, right?
    05-14-09 03:15 PM
    according to this: Opera Software at CTIA: No New BlackBerry-Specific Browser; Ball is in RIMs Court | CIO - Blogs and Discussion there won't be a decent Opera release for any BBs for a while.
    Thanks for the link! Since I love Opera Mini already, this is the only sentence that matters to me:
    "The company hopes to release an updated version of Opera Mini later this year, according to Miller. "
    05-14-09 03:15 PM

Specific complaints:

Opera Mini: the biggest problem was that it was not possible to enter web addresses with numbers in them. Very fast, but very frustrating.

To fix the address number problem goto opera settings and deselect "auto-complete address input"
    05-14-09 03:18 PM
    To fix the address number problem goto opera settings and deselect "auto-complete address input"
    Didn't realize that would fix that issue? I don't think that will get me to go back though...I also had the whole problem of selecting the wrong links constantly. Will think about it, but honestly the latest OEM browsers are working pretty good for me. Thanks though!
    05-14-09 03:25 PM
    Didn't realize that would fix that issue? I don't think that will get me to go back though...I also had the whole problem of selecting the wrong links constantly. Will think about it, but honestly the latest OEM browsers are working pretty good for me. Thanks though!
    Glad to help.

It's not in the owners manual, but I suggest taking off the welders gloves/boxing mitts/Mickey Mouse hands before using Opera Mini.
    05-14-09 03:37 PM
    Thanks.. Im quite happy with the newer BB Browser so far.

I dont access too many java intense website on the STorm anyways for reason ( data and time.. and thats what a laptop is for )

So it seems I may just stick with that for now till something Bling comes out new that I Must try
    05-14-09 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD