The calendar thing I have also had issues with. The thing is you can also use the swipe feature when using the calendar and the keyboard is on, but still you get about an inch, maybe less.

The camera thing is a bit easier than you have been doing. If you press the button on the right side of the phone, it will activate the camera (unless you changed it) and if you press it again it will take a picture. BUT you have to stand still and there is no little mirror built in that you can look at to see if you have your face or a half of it.

The plusses I agree with, especially the last one . It looks like an updated/better iPhone, and it has the BB name backing it.

EDIT: also agree with the slow response. Its like a lazy person deciding on whether to get up, but eventually does.

In addition, anyone else hear about them upgrading the Storm? That Verizon will be releasing a new one soon?
    you can swipe vertically on the keyboard to hide it or bring it up also. (to bring it up there has to be the little black tool bar on the bottom though. idk if the calendar has that. but you can "show keyboard" then swipe to hide it i presume)
    02-18-09 12:19 PM
    Have you made any calls on it? How are those?

jr
    02-18-09 02:11 PM
    Have you made any calls on it? How are those?

jr
    I like it. They come/go pretty clear.
    02-18-09 04:42 PM
    I just got it, and it is as good as the iPhone and any HTC phone. I have loved nearlu everything. Plus the App store is launching soon.

There are a few 3rd party apps that slow down my BB, but thats my fault. For some reason Twitter-Berry is slow, everything else is amazing. Plus Verizon's CDMA 3G is SO FAST. I get e-mails before i get them on my computer!!
    02-18-09 04:55 PM
    I'm new to the blackberry world, My opinion thus far is that its a great phone. If you're into advanced technology, I'd say go for it but also realize it will take some patience. The OS is a bit buggy and having to do a batt pull about once/day to keep it running smoothly is a bit annoying. However, the multiple email accts, visual vm, fast 3G network, cool themes, very user friendly OS, office suite, fax capability and crackberry website are all great reasons to get one. I threw in crackberry b/c it's been far better to me than the manual and helped unleash the potential the phone has.
    02-18-09 05:51 PM
    do NOT get the Storm. By far the worst phone ever. horrible software that lags and locks up. i am on my 4th one, keep having the same software/hardware problems. If you want a BB wait till april or may
    02-18-09 06:00 PM
    I'm new to the blackberry world, My opinion thus far is that its a great phone. If you're into advanced technology, I'd say go for it but also realize it will take some patience. The OS is a bit buggy and having to do a batt pull about once/day to keep it running smoothly is a bit annoying. However, the multiple email accts, visual vm, fast 3G network, cool themes, very user friendly OS, office suite, fax capability and crackberry website are all great reasons to get one. I threw in crackberry b/c it's been far better to me than the manual and helped unleash the potential the phone has.
    Advanced no doubt, with some issues here and there. The visual mail needs to be paid though, but I think there is an app out that is free, as well as for your batter pulling issue. An app that will reset your phone. The office suite kind of should not count, as you can only look at things, but cant do too much without upgrading to the premium; so I am looking for a "legal" alternative. I really wouldnt even be still using it if there was no crackberry.
    02-18-09 06:01 PM
    good point on the office suite. i guess since i never had it before on a phone, i appreciated it a bit more. the premium features would be nice though (not enough to pay for of course)
    02-18-09 06:53 PM
    I've had my Storm for over a month now, and still love it. It's also my first BB, but even with some of its 'quirks' I still like it a lot. Like has been noted, the camera is poor, especially the 'lag' time. I am also using v.4.7.103, and a lot of the issues found in the early OS (.75), are no longer a nuisance (such as the lag when going from landscape to portrait). A friend of mine couldn't believe how good the audio was when playing music from it through an amp and mixer. My battery life has increased dramatically with OS v. 103, and I've not had to do a 'battery pull' since upgrading to this beta OS. I think as the final releases of the OS are made available, the Storm will be a real 'in prime time' smartphone.
    02-18-09 07:13 PM
    I'm still one of the few who is keeping the .75 version - I have had no issues yet. Thinking of upgrading. Rumors going around of some kind of upgrade this Friday, but I'll probably be going to the 103 beta.

As for the office suite, I am looking into open office, but its just not the same. I'm getting to the Storm after I've been used to WinMo for a year or so. I miss some features, but am getting used to others. A week in my use and I am still pretty satisfied. Still balancing whether I should try something else or if this will do. Want to get a look at the upcoming LG to see if it has WiFi, so many choices. If the Storm only had WiFi I would be set.
    Last edited by nemo-maritime; 02-19-09 at 09:51 AM.
    02-19-09 09:48 AM
    I am thinking about geting the Storm and your post gave me alot of info to ponder thanks
    02-21-09 02:25 PM
    Switched from Palm.....loving the BB!
    02-21-09 02:32 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD