I have been watching this phone for a while now. But when i go into vzw the guy try to steer me away from the storm and go to the curve? Why is that?

With the issues that need to be ironed out should i just wait? This would be my first BB device and coming from a env i couldn't get used to the txting. But i know it will be a learning curve.

With OS updates how does that work? get them online or goto vzw to do them? Are they going to fix the glass issues with the next batch? I just don't want to get it right now if it will be a while for these changes to take effect. Maybe i should just take the plunge and test drive it for 30days? I dunno
    11-28-08 12:31 PM
    I have been watching this phone for a while now. But when i go into vzw the guy try to steer me away from the storm and go to the curve? Why is that?

With the issues that need to be ironed out should i just wait? This would be my first BB device and coming from a env i couldn't get used to the txting. But i know it will be a learning curve.

With OS updates how does that work? get them online or goto vzw to do them? Are they going to fix the glass issues with the next batch? I just don't want to get it right now if it will be a while for these changes to take effect. Maybe i should just take the plunge and test drive it for 30days? I dunno

--i would advise waiting until the OS upgrade has been released. the OS update will be OTA. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/off...pdates-101757/

--you do have the 30 day return or exchange if you want to try the storm out. Answers to FAQs

--the employees may be aware of the storm's issues and not want to sell a device that is laggy and buggy. i certainly would not. it makes the employee look bad and vzw look bad to sell a product without informing the customer of the issues, good and bad. they also may be out of stock and want to sell you on a curve to get their money. could be either i suppose.

here is another thread similiar:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wan...erally-104710/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-28-08 at 12:49 PM.
    11-28-08 12:34 PM
    The OS updates are OTA and you can do it through your phone. I think its a great phone and the more you use it the more it gets better.

texting is hard at first, but you get used to it.

as for the glass issue? No idea what you're talking about. I am assuming you are pointing out that the screen is plastic? It doesn't make any difference what so ever. It feels great and is smooth.

Updates will be coming out soon, so go ahead and test drive it. BUT give it at least 2 weeks or a week at least before you decide to keep it or not. It's a new type of phone and takes getting used to so just go in with an open mind.

enjoy! and good luck!
    11-28-08 12:35 PM
    Asking for opinions? I would advise you to wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 12:39 PM
    thanks guys for the quick response. I have just been doing so much reading i just getting my self confused
    11-28-08 12:48 PM
    yeah, sometimes reading on a topic just confuses things. learn from experience seems to be the best way! let us know what you decide and how it goes!
    11-28-08 12:50 PM
    I will, i wait a few weeks. I have been waiting for months a few more weeks isn't going to kill me.
    Thanks guys much appreciated
    11-28-08 12:53 PM
    Smart move. Hope u enjoy your storm once you get it.

11-28-08 01:00 PM
    What glass issue are you pertaining to? And it's not plastic, it's glass for sure.

11-28-08 01:05 PM
    I already have the storm and honestly besides the few minor bugs, I have really had no problems at all. Typing does take a little bit to get adjusted too but I can tell you this much-its way easier than typing on the Iphone-and for all you people out there bashing the Storm and saying the IPhone is better--I had the IPhone 3G and had so many problems with it--I dropped call every day. I went to Yankee Stadium 2 times with it, had a full signal and couldnt recieve calls, texts or voice mails-I was able to make calls but that was it, happened to me in Alabama while on vacation also-I couldnt wait to get rid of the damn thing. Anyway, you have to be a judge for yourself-i personally think the Storm is a great phone, yeah it has its issues, but remember its only a week old-It took Apple/ATT almost 2 years to get the bugs out of there phone and they still have problems. Point I am trying to make here is Blackberry has always made a great product and they WILL fix the bugs with OS upgrades. I love the Storm!
    11-28-08 01:36 PM
    I have also been thinking about making the jump to BB and the Storm. And after spending hours on this site the past couple of days, I finally went and ordered the Storm. Now the tough part comes, waiting until Dec 11 for VZW to ship. I also ordered a Curve for my wife (and for me to compare).
    11-28-08 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD