Hello fellow crackberry addicts,
    I am posting here because I want some good, honest info on the storm. I'm coming up for upgrade in two months and my 8130 has already been through **** and back. I'm really interested in the storm, however the info I get from other sites seems to be that it's not all that great.

Any thoughts?
    02-11-09 02:54 PM
    What are you looking to do with the phone? I guess that would be a good place to start...
    02-11-09 03:11 PM
    Well, to be honest I just want to replace my Pearl. I'm with verizon so my choices are limited. I don't want to go for the curve because i have a feeling that it is about to go the way of the dinosaur for something newer. Before I had a BB i had an iphone which i did enjoy, however not nearly as much as my bberry. Any thoughts?
    02-12-09 07:06 AM
    Well, to be honest I just want to replace my Pearl. I'm with verizon so my choices are limited. I don't want to go for the curve because i have a feeling that it is about to go the way of the dinosaur for something newer. Before I had a BB i had an iphone which i did enjoy, however not nearly as much as my bberry. Any thoughts?
    Well, I was kindof hoping you would let me know what you were going to be using it do on a regular basis.

But I love my storm. The UI is not as slick as the IPhone, so if you expect that, then expect to be disappointed. However, as a corporate phone, it is what you expect from a blackberry. Plus a fantastic video and music media player. The screen is phenomenal! I love having turn-by-turn voice GPS (something unavailable to the iphone) and use it often. The lack of wifi may be a concern for you and may be the only true hardware negative to the phone.

Reception has never been an issue, bluetooth is great and they continually improve on the OS (as long you come here and get the leaked betas).

I would do it...
    Last edited by markdental; 02-12-09 at 09:16 AM.
    02-12-09 08:09 AM
    I'm in the same boat, except I get my upgrade in 12 days

What I've seen about the Storm is that people either love it or hate it. At one point the reviews on Amazon had the exact same number of 5-star reviews as 1-star reviews.

The Storm has a little more emphasis on media capabilities than productivity, so factor that in.

Currently Verizon's website is out of stock of both colors of the Curve anyway--they've been running out a lot and I don't know how much longer they'll keep reordering. Maybe not past the BOGO promotion ending. Would you be interested in the Pearl Flip?
    02-12-09 08:47 AM
    Well, I was kindof hoping you would let me know what you were going to be using it do on a regular basis.

But I love my storm. The UI is not as slick as the IPhone, so if you expect that, then expect to be disappointed. However, as a corporate phone, it is what you expect from a blackberry. Plus a fantastic video and music media player. The screen is phenomenal! I love having turn-by-turn voice GPS (something unavailable to the iphone) and use it often. The lack of wifi may be a concern for you and may be the only true hardware negative to the phone.

Reception has never been an issue, bluetooth is great and they continually improve on the OS (as long you come here and get the leaked betas).

I would do it...
    I do use it for email(my bberry) but i am not on BES as my company is avidly against it. I played around with one when they were first released and i noticed typing on the storm to be less than desirable. Ultimately, i was really wondering if the firmware updates helped this in anyway. I know that there are plenty of rumors floating around about a possible CDMA version of the bold, but as im already on my second pearl I would like to upgrade to something a little nicer i suppose.
    02-12-09 11:10 AM
    I agree with Markdental. I have both an iphone and a storm. Since you had an iphone before and have no problems typing, you'll like the storm. The video, media and the look is great. Best of all the screen size.

Take the plunge.
    02-15-09 04:43 AM
    I, too, am looking to get a storm. I primarily need a good phone, and I do a lot of text messaging ( 2 teenagers to keep up with ). I surf internet to pass time. Use Microsoft Live Search about once a week. ( I have Moto Q now...)

So, with these in mind, will the Storm work for me?

jr
    02-16-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD