Hello Crackberryland, This is just on my back burner, But im thinking about switching to the Tour from the Storm when it comes out. Dont get me wrong, I really like the Storm, when its working well. when its not, It could be a royal pain in the a$$. Anybody else thinking abouts switching or possibly waiting for the Storm 2?? thanks everybody!!
    06-29-09 03:37 PM
    Hello Crackberryland, This is just on my back burner, But im thinking about switching to the Tour from the Storm when it comes out. Dont get me wrong, I really like the Storm, when its working well. when its not, It could be a royal pain in the a$$. Anybody else thinking abouts switching or possibly waiting for the Storm 2?? thanks everybody!!
    Hey great thread idea. I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed before.
    Anyway, yeah, I'd do it. I did it with dumping my Storm, and the way I see it, the Tour can't possibly be as bad as the Storm, so you'll be happy.
    06-29-09 03:41 PM
    I'm locked in to my storm...I like the screens & am now use to not relying on a trackwheel
    06-29-09 03:43 PM
    If your unsure, I would wait and see how the phone works out. If you hate your storm then what do you have to lose.
    06-29-09 04:01 PM
    I'm locked in to my Storm until June 2010, but I have 2 other lines on my account. One is for work and the other is my wifes which are both Curve 8830's. I'm def upgrading to the Tour for my work and wife's bberry. I'll use them for a month, and if the tour is that good, I will swap the tour to my personal line (which is not a storm) and throw my 8830 back to my work line.
    06-29-09 04:41 PM
    I'll be switching to the Storm 2 (if it has wifi in it), otherwise, I'll keep waiting. For now, the Tour doesn't present enough of an upgrade for me.
    06-29-09 04:47 PM
    I'd love to wait for the Storm 2 but I'm kind of desperate 'cause my Storm's not too good on signal strength. May need to get the Tour on a temporary basis.
    06-29-09 04:50 PM
    Im going to switch to the Storm 2 when it comes out looks like the Tour is a nice phone too just not for me maybe for you though
    06-29-09 04:51 PM
    I always wait until my VZW NE2 I available then look at what's available. I personally really like my storm. And too, I refuse to be one of those people who get caught up in the mindset that the moment a new device comes out that my current device is now worthless and ill be a social misfit if I don't upgrade immediately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 04:57 PM
    With that tiny screen, the Tour is step backwards I wont be taking.
    06-29-09 05:25 PM
    That would be like having an automatic car with power everything and going back to a manual without power anything.

Your going back to a smaller screen, losing landscape, losing the accelerometer, losing touchscreen.

Who's to say that the Tour won't have just as many problems as the Storm "supposedly" has. I've not had many problems at all and I've had mine since launch.
    06-29-09 05:33 PM
    The Tour is appealing to me, especially since all reports seem to indicate that it is shipping with a solid OS and good performance. However, the smaller screen and fact that it is identical to the Storm hardware-wise (including the lack of wifi) will probably cause me to stay with the Storm.

It does kind of bug me that the Tour is being released with a good OS when it shares the same chipset with the Storm (yes, I realize that the Storm touchscreen is probably more demanding on the hardware). It makes me feel a bit neglected as a Storm user.
    06-29-09 05:33 PM
    I love my storm but if the tour looks good once its out I might pick one up and switch between the 2. I do miss having a physical keyboard but couldn't live without the full screen.
    06-29-09 05:37 PM
    I'll be switching to the Storm 2 (if it has wifi in it), otherwise, I'll keep waiting. For now, the Tour doesn't present enough of an upgrade for me.
    I am with civic on this one. The tour might replace my 8830 if they have a camera-less option. If not I will stick with what I have.
    06-29-09 05:43 PM
    That would be like having an automatic car with power everything and going back to a manual without power anything.

Your going back to a smaller screen, losing landscape, losing the accelerometer, losing touchscreen.

Who's to say that the Tour won't have just as many problems as the Storm "supposedly" has. I've not had many problems at all and I've had mine since launch.
    CO-SIGN!!!! That's some real talk right there. I was thinking the same thing when I read the title of this thread. Why do that? Mind you if the phone is being upgraded from a Curve,Pearl or 88xx series, go for it! But to lose the crisp screen size and the probability of going back to a trackball that gets dirty cause you put some lotion on your face. NO THANK YOU!! LOL I'll wait for the Storm 2 if anything.

Just my 0.02 cents.
    06-29-09 06:24 PM
    I too am with civic on this one. Storm 2 if its worth it , nothing if its not. Besides, I'm kind of having fun seeing how far they can push this phone with os upgrades.
    06-29-09 06:45 PM
    I am with civic on this one. The tour might replace my 8830 if they have a camera-less option. If not I will stick with what I have.
    You only want it if it has no camera? *scratches head*

06-29-09 07:22 PM
    The Tour is appealing to me, especially since all reports seem to indicate that it is shipping with a solid OS and good performance. However, the smaller screen and fact that it is identical to the Storm hardware-wise (including the lack of wifi) will probably cause me to stay with the Storm.

It does kind of bug me that the Tour is being released with a good OS when it shares the same chipset with the Storm (yes, I realize that the Storm touchscreen is probably more demanding on the hardware). It makes me feel a bit neglected as a Storm user.
    Blame Verizon for slow *** testing and the lack of leaks, otherwise you too could enjoy a good OS.

06-29-09 09:40 PM
    Switch to the tour awesome qwerty keyboard and fast response time.
    06-29-09 09:42 PM
    I think I will be keeping my storm. its my first blackberry and I like the screen. Although this time I think once the storm 2 rolls out I will wait for a bit wait for some reviews maybe a price drop and especially change if there is a performance/hardware upgrade. Hope it has wifi never used a ohne with wifi yet. I'm excited?
    Verizon should speed up their storm OS testing. I want a smooth OS. Maybe they can hear us "now."

06-29-09 10:21 PM
    The tour is where it's at. If I wasn't GSM and not waiting for the Onyx, I would jump to the Tour.
    06-29-09 10:22 PM
    I want a Tour, but I want to keep my Storm... I need another job.... *sigh*
    06-29-09 10:58 PM
    Well at first when I got the storm everything was alright no major problems. But then 2 months after I started having major problems. Like my storm restarting out of the blue, freezing like crazy, could never play back the videos i recorded. The list goes on and on. But then after the upgrade it fixed many of the problems, but out of no where I have more. For an example sometimes when i try to click on a app a other one opens up that i did not intend to open. Or sometimes the screen does not want to work at all, and I have to do a battery pull 4 times a day. So with all these problems I'm leaning towards the tour. If the storm didnt have all these problems it would be perfect except for the keyboard.
    06-29-09 11:39 PM
    Did anyone in here see the Verizon add that says that the Tour has streaming video? Do you think their talking about a you tube app. or does it actually play video from web sites?
    06-30-09 12:39 AM
    After looking at the pix and some reading, the Tour looks to me like the World edition. Which I loved before getting my storm. Will I change most likely NO. I like the larger screen, the abitly to have 2 views, and more.

Besides once I got past the learning curve, all was great.
    06-30-09 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD