hey hows it going im new to the forum and have verizon wireless currently and my contract is up for renewal... i currently gave the voyager and its alright but the touch could be better..... i was thinking about switching over to att for the iphone but they are dam expensive..... i have had a blackberry before the 8703 and liked it but im a helicopter mechanic and used to keep my phone in my pants a lot and used to call ex gfs and people i havent talked to in years by unlocking itself some how! oh and it used to do this at like 2 in the morning west coast and most people in my phone book are east coast so they would get wake up calls from me at like 5 in the morning awesome right.... but anyways i love the network rarely ever loose service... but i have a couple of questions about the storm hows the touch on it? ive played with it a few times and the store and its not bad.... internet good? most important hows the texting? i text alot like a mid teen girl in high school.

any other info would be awesome im just looking for any helpful hints about the storm or anything you guys love or dont like about it...

thanks mike
    02-09-09 08:50 PM
    AT&T is expensive? I always thought Verizon was the most expensive provider.

Touch on the Storm is fantastic as it's a capacitive touch screen. Internet is great, I just use the stock browser. With Opera Mobile or Bolt, it's supposedly even faster.

Texting is hit or miss. I find it fantastic especially with SureType in portrait mode. I prefer sending long emails with the full QWERTY in horizontal. It's a hit for me because I'm coming from a Chocolate and I absolutely despise T9 and/or predictive text. Coming from a hardware keyboard like yourself on the LG Voyager or the BB Curve could prove to be a bit frustrating.

All in all, I'd say read around. There's a lot of negativity on these boards but I think you'll run into enough people that will tell you, it's fantastic!

It's my first BB and I've certainly been thoroughly pleased with it! I recommend without reservation
    02-09-09 09:04 PM
    I owned one for 16 days. The problems I encountered were many but my biggest complaint about the Storm is its extreme sluggishness with simple everyday tasks. If your a heavy texter forget about the Storm. Its hit or miss but mostly miss.

Its a frustrating experience to use one and perhaps in time the extremely buggy software will get fixed. When will that happen? Nobody knows. Anyone that says it will be soon is just speculating. Nobody knows. Could be soon could not. Its safe to say its a 50/50 chance they will get the phone right.

There is also a hardware issue that needs to be addressed.

Do read around the internet about the phone. Not only here. There's a lot of info ot there. Unfortunately its mostly negative.

My honest opinion is to skip getting the Storm right now. Its not ready.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Balloon Knot; 02-09-09 at 09:22 PM.
    02-09-09 09:17 PM
    And there you have it ladies and gentlemen... the honest diametrical opposition of experience with the Storm.

Just a fact.

I would advise anyone to - if you can't live without it- try it for the 30 days and see if you in fact can't live without it!
    02-09-09 09:23 PM
    thanks everyone for the replies.... yea ive been reading reviews here and there the thing i like about verizon is the whole 30 day return policy.... but on the topic of att being expensive to get only 450 min and unlimited data it was 69.99! i would get that with verizon plus unlimted text! and unlimted text on att was an extra 20 a month.... the touch seemes a lil slow and buggy on the storm it could be me just being used to the ipod touch...
    02-09-09 09:29 PM
    My experience with the Storm has been outstanding even on OS version 0.75

What I recommend doing is deleting all apps you don't use. Including the ones that came stock with the device: VZNav and Visual Voicemail. I even deleted the games. I even deleted BBM. I'm currently rocking mid 40's in memory and that seems to help a great deal.

Of course, you also need to close all apps that you don't need. (I only have the minimum 4 running the background: phone, browser, messages, homescreen)

The problem with the Storms you test in the VZW stores is that a) no one bother closes anything and b) there are so filled with crap you're playing with a device that probably has its memory in the mid-teens.

That adds greatly to the sluggishness.

Doing what I'm doing, I can enjoy a snappy experience along with the stability of an officially released OS. It will be an interesting juggling act when the App Store opens in March and I'm looking to finally fill the device with apps. (I currently just have Slacker on my Storm)
    02-09-09 09:33 PM
    the touch seemes a lil slow and buggy on the storm it could be me just being used to the ipod touch...
    no sir it is slow.

You could do the 30 day trial as some have suggested. You won't be out anything.

02-09-09 09:44 PM
    lol yea i figure why not right? if i dont like it ill just trade it in for the curve
    02-09-09 10:30 PM
    lol yea i figure why not right? if i dont like it ill just trade it in for the curve
    That's the spirit... I think!

No really, against my better judgment and against everyone I hold dear... I'm gonna get one later this month... but I'm keeping my curve active for the 30 days...
    02-09-09 11:02 PM
    yea i just keep going back and forth from the iphone... but att is ok here but verizon dominates for coverage and half the people i know have verizon including all my family members....
    02-09-09 11:47 PM
    You are in what's called a conundrum. Family is all on Verizon but the better phone is on AT&T.

02-10-09 12:21 AM
    yea i know... but they way i keep telling myself to stay with verizon cause whenever ive had a problem with my phone under warrenty it get replaced no question.... im getting my 100 upgrade from verizon that i get ever 2 years.... so that brings the price of the phone down to 100.... att is trying to charge me 200 for the phone plus a 200 deposite.... so ill be saving 300 right there... plus i get a 15% a month discount on the monthly bill... and att is unsure if they will give it to me cause they say no discounts on the iphone and its up to the store if they give it on the plan.... but have talked to people that had the discount before having the iphone and then att saying no not on the iphone and lost it.... i just hope all these apps for the storm are going to be good.... and maybe will be able to text on this thing... so ill let everyone know what i think tommorow cause im prob gonna go get it i think....
    02-10-09 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD