I currently have a pearl, which while slow and crappy everything compared to other BBs, has served me very well. I am thinking about getting the storm, but I am not near done with my contract with verizon so I have been looking on craigslist for a descent deal on the phone.

I am wonder a few things before I take the plunge though.
    When looking for a storm, is there a certain hardware version I should look for? I remember there being some threads about a difference between the first few storms that came out and the ones that subsequently came out.

Do I need to get a specific verizon one?

And I would like to get your opinion just overall on what you think of the storm, can you operate it with one hand, etc.

Thanks.
    02-22-09 06:43 PM
    There were some generalized things that people stated about phones manufactured in Canada vs Mexico, but I don't take too much stock in them. I have noticed from our store though that newer ones (Jan and later) seem to click a lil more uniformly. I activated two the other day and I almost want to get a replacement now lol. Hardware version is the same on the box though, so you won't be able to tell a difference, cept maybe in the manufacture date.

i like the storm personally, but it's definitely not a phone for everyone. I always tell people to give themselves a week to really get used to an all touch device, and even then, touch may not be for you. Be also aware that the software is a work in progress right now. Software for the other BB's have been out for awhile, but the Storm is new. Expect some glitches here and there.

I don't use it in one hand cept in portrait mode.
    02-22-09 06:50 PM
    If you want to make sure you get a good build, don't get one from craigslist/ebay. Through VzW yo'll get a brand new one, and if there are defects, you're covered.

It's a good device, just need a lot of work. I heard somewhere that they are almost completely rewriting the OS for the next update. Once a stable OS is out, and the app store is running, then this will be my favorite device. As said above, you can operate one handed in portrait.
    02-22-09 06:56 PM
    I have a storm from day one and have not one problem with mine......but get one from a store.....at least you will be covered under warranty...
    02-22-09 07:07 PM
    Aren't there about a million of these "thinking about getting the storm" threads? Do a bit of research.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 07:15 PM
    I love storm but I'd suggest getting one from the retail store. Good luck with your storm search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 07:18 PM
    I love mine have had no problems except user error lol! Does take awhile to get used to the first few weeks it almost went through the window several times. Glad I was stubborn and didn't want to prove my wife right! But do get one from the store it is the way to go.
    02-22-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD