10 23.81%
  • cw4

9 21.43%
  • cw5

6 14.29%
  • cw6

4 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    so i'm thinking of customizing via colorware. my biggest is being without the storm for the time it takes to get it done. if i do decide to send it off, i'll be with a curve while the storm is in the getting a face lift.

also, i have GA on my storm now. maybe they'll give me a discount or free replacement under the circumstances. it's done a very good job for the past few months i've had it on, and i'll definitely want to protect the finish when i get it back.

so here are the options...

cw1:

cw2:

cw3:

cw4:

cw5:

cw6:

if you go to their website you can see the sheer number of options are staggering. i'm still undecided, but open to suggestions.

also, if you think you can take the phone apart and paint it with the quality and finish the colorware folks can then more power to you but doing this yourself with the workmanship they can would be extremely difficult to say the least. i've seen their work first hand and it's nothing short of amazing.
    02-21-09 03:37 PM
    I like the CW2 option the best. But it is your phone. Which one could you see yourself carrying everyday?

I would love to cw my curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 04:00 PM
    I'm partial to one of the silver, carbon, or graphite combinations but the metallic flakes in the blue and dark purple look really nice for something out of the norm. When it comes to these types of decisions I'm kind of impulsive. If I don't do it in the next two weeks or so I might not get to it at all. Especially if there's an official Os out soon, I may not want to put it back down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 04:20 PM
    either cw4 or cw5

but to be totaly honest there are so many better things out there u can spend 100$+ for than a skin..
    02-21-09 04:30 PM
    None. It makes it look cheap
    02-21-09 04:37 PM
    i agree there's a lot of things you can spend your money on, but i like to customize stuff. i use my phone more than any other device and i just like that it looks a little different/nicer and doesn't get lost in the crowd of other smart phones.

if you think colorwaring makes it look cheap, then that's another pov, but i really disagree. that's like saying a custom paint job on a car makes it look cheaper, which sometimes it can, but when nicely done like the colorware paint job it really adds to the visual appeal.
    02-21-09 06:31 PM
    Naw. Keep it standard. The Storm looks classy out of the box.
    02-21-09 08:19 PM
    I prefer the look of the standard Storm over the choices given. I am sure there would be a combination that would appeal if I looked into to but it isn't an option in the UK and I couldn't be without my phone for that long!
    02-22-09 09:52 AM
    i like cw3 the best, but i agree that the storm looks cool enough without those colors
    02-22-09 08:04 PM
    I live about 30 minutes away from the Colorware Headquarters, and I know first hand they do VERY high quality work. Expensive, but great results. CW3 is my favorite.
    02-22-09 09:55 PM
    i have never heard of this until i read your post and now i want this! so freaking cool!!!
    02-23-09 12:23 AM
    I like CW3 but i think ill stick to how it is. Classy
    02-23-09 01:18 AM
    CW4 ... except I would do the back white also
    02-23-09 01:46 AM
    it's hard to tell in those pictures, but that's actually a metallic steel and not white. the same goes for the grey (graphite), black (carbon), purple (prowler), and blue (midnight) colors.

according to colorware "Metallic colors have tiny flakes within the shade that add a little variation and sparkle to the color. The exact appearance of a metallic color does vary based on the type and angle of light hitting the surface."

they sure make it sound good.
    02-23-09 11:18 AM
    cw3 goes HARD !!
    02-23-09 01:29 PM
    I have to say #3 is the best
    02-23-09 02:12 PM
    I thought about doing it. Don't do it. Have you seen a colorwared phone that's been dropped? It looks heinous. The paint chips super easy. Waste of cash.
    02-24-09 03:37 AM
    i can imagine how gross the phone would look all chipped up. the colorware folks seem to do a pretty good job with the finish though. the colorware iphone i played with had a few chips and dings, but still looked pretty good considering it had more than a year of use with no case or skin.

either way it would make sense to use a skin like GA, phantomskinz, etc so you can protect the finish while still enjoying the looks of it. i have the full body GA on my storm now, except for the screen and the buttons, and it's done a great job keeping the phone from getting chewed up despite a few drops.

i'm 90% sure i'll do this, still undecided on the color...
    02-24-09 06:03 PM
    I loved my last phone when it first came back from colorware, until I dropped it a few times. Than when It was stolen I really wished I had blown that money on something else!
    02-24-09 06:39 PM
    I like #4

I mean according to their website, it's scratch resistant.

What is X2 Coating Technology?

X2 is a scratch resistant liquid plastic coating that is applied as a final step in ColorWare’s proprietary coatings process. The X2 coating is applied to a product in a custom atmospheric chamber in its liquid form, and then cured with ultra violet light to achieve superior scratch resistance and clarity.

How was X2 developed?

The development of X2 was a joint project between ColorWare and an American chemical manufacturer. With ColorWare’s increasing mobile product line, a superior finish was needed to outperform what was currently being used in manufacturing. Larger screen sizes and softer plastics have the users unable to see through the scratches on even newer products.

Does anyone else use X2?

No other company uses X2 coating technology, because it was developed specifically for ColorWare, and their proprietary coating system.
    Will X2 fade in the sun?

No. X2 will block out 99.8% of suns UV rays. This ensures the color of the product does not fade in the direct sun light.

It's not too overly expensive, like $185. Defiantly post pictures when you get yours back!
    02-24-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD