The i pod nano holds 8 gb and costs 149.99. I paid 129 for my storm. Worst comes to worst the storm can hold 8 gb and can play music and videos. Even if the device is a piece of crap... at least I kind of got what I payed for and can play mp3s (at least not itunes downloaded ones). So if you think of it like that. Pretend its a ipod and just play music out of it. Slacker is working also now, so that is something the ipod can't beat.

Comparing it to the iphone makes me cry. At least the storm has the ipod beat.
    02-05-09 01:21 AM
    02-05-09 01:58 AM
    I have 2 8gb cards now too cause they let me keep everything with my replacement! More music and pics!
    02-05-09 03:01 AM
    Mwehaha! In Germany you can purchase the Storm with a 16GB-MicroSD-Card!!!!
    02-05-09 03:40 AM
    See! The germans are still wrong.... nothing's changed since half a century back....

Nah, just kidding of course.

or am I.... :P

Hope they come available here soon...
    the cards I mean, not germans....
    02-05-09 04:04 AM
    And TS... you are forgetting that you are still paying a large amount each month for your storm. So IF you couldn't use it for email/text/phone/internet etc. you'd still be paying more than for the comparison you're making.

I get the jest of it, but I don't really agree.
    02-05-09 04:07 AM
    The Storm can hold 33GB of media. 32GB card + 1GB internal. And with .100/.99 the device works very well for everything else.
    02-05-09 05:25 AM
    The Storm can hold 33GB of media. 32GB card + 1GB internal. And with .100/.99 the device works very well for everything else.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Storm's manual say that it supports up to only 16GB on the SDHC card? I could have misread...and actually hope I did. Being able to upgrade to 32GB in this phone would be amazing. Well, at least to know that I could do it eventually when 32GB cards don't cost more than the phone itself, anyways...
    02-05-09 07:07 AM
    my camera manual says it supports up to 512 mb chips, but that was only because 1gb and 2gb chips werent as widespread when they printed the manual. same thing with the storm.

and, .99 is phenomenal. i was hesitant because .90 worked so well, but .99 is even better!
    02-05-09 07:12 AM
    my camera manual says it supports up to 512 mb chips, but that was only because 1gb and 2gb chips werent as widespread when they printed the manual. same thing with the storm.

and, .99 is phenomenal. i was hesitant because .90 worked so well, but .99 is even better!
    Is that the case with the storm too? I hope so... But I'm afraid there is more going on under the hood when looking at its limitations. It's prolly more of an OS thing than a HW limitation.
    02-06-09 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD