I just returned the HTC Incredible due to call quality and durability issues and I am interested in the Storm 2 and the LG Ally. I am leaning towards the storm because I feel the security on A blackberry is superior to the android devices. I am looking for a device with a decent camera which the Storm has over the Ally and good Internet access. I use the internet during the day for reference so I want to make sure the storm will work. MY question is will the storm get a new browser soon or will I be stuck with what it has now? The browser on the Ally is nice but not happy with android security after I got the incredible I received Emails and phone calls from android based company's which I never gave out! Any help making the decision would be appreciated.
    06-11-10 09:30 PM
    Wait for a storm 3 that's coming out later this year. The storm 2 isnt a bad phone but it's not all that great either, IMO. But if those are the two you're deciding on, go with Storm 2.
    06-11-10 09:34 PM
    Wait for a storm 3 that's coming out later this year. The storm 2 isnt a bad phone but it's not all that great either, IMO. But if those are the two you're deciding on, go with Storm 2.
    What don't you like about it?
    06-11-10 09:36 PM
    Storm 2 is the best phone I've owned. I wouldn't wait for the Storm 3 because nobody knows when it will come out. You'll get all kinds of opinions here. Unfortunately, you're going to have to act like a grown up, go play with the phones and make your own decision. As to the browser, just like the S3, nobody knows when the new one will come out. Opera Mini runs just as fast as the droids browser on my S2.
    06-11-10 09:44 PM
    What don't you like about it?
    Little things like the constant batteries pulls, the lackluster media player (i.e. album artwork missing, the fade into songs, schizo song cateloging and song scrolling), optional browsers having terrible issues with new OS upgrades. Stuff like that.

I'm not saying the S2 is terrible, it's just there are many small things that through time add up to hinder the phone.
    06-11-10 10:48 PM
    With android 2.2 its a little more secure as they have a password or pin option to unlock. Its true BB has better security, but every phone and company have their own flaws on ceetain things. If you didn't like the incredible then you probably won't like the upcoming verizon android devices. I have a storm 2 for sale if interested PM me. Like they said just test out the phones in person and go from there. Good Luck.
    06-11-10 10:57 PM
    I like my storm, but my biggest gripe is lag. The big selling point is the click screen, but in landscape mode the keyboard tends to lag. It's usually manageable, but it's gotten so bad that I have to text in portrait mode.

Also, the selection of apps is sort of lackluster. I make due.. but things like SIP give me a slight regret in my purchase.
    06-11-10 11:54 PM
    S2 is a great phone and yes there is a new web browser on the way this year, hopefully by the end of the summer.

Don't go by others opinions. Some people just don't know how to handle/work their phone. If you know what you're doing you will have no problems.

Nothing in life is perfect, the S2 is a great phone.
    06-12-10 12:05 AM
    May sell mine in perfect condition. Keep in touch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 12:57 PM
    Buddy of mine has been checking out my Storm2 for a while now. Last week he got both him and his wife a Storm2. They're loving them!

If you have the patience Storm3 will be an update of an already great phone.
    06-12-10 01:21 PM
    I love my storm but it realistically took about a month to really become accustomed to it. I have also spent a good amount of extra cash to get some functionally you can get free with an andriod or iphone. I suggest getting the storm and just play with it. You are going to love it or hate it, there is rarely middle ground with it. Also for what you plan to use it for, get an extra battery, high internet use tends to eat up a lot of power.

06-12-10 02:47 PM
    I'm actually considering swapping for the Incredible...and am currently using the Storm2. The Storm is great, build quality seems nice...typing is pretty accurate too. The browser just plain sucks compared to Android devices...it's slower, and doesn't render pages nearly as well....if all you wanna do is "google" stuff, then you'll be fine. That's the only thing I really dislike.....BUT, another thing to consider is battery life. I can go at least 2 full days on my Storm without charging....I'm a little leery about the Incredible not lasting a full day on a charge.

Between the Storm2 and the Ally, I say Storm2....if you didn't like the Incredible, I honestly don't see how you could stand using the Ally without wanting to hang yourself! haha.
    06-12-10 02:54 PM
    I like my storm, but my biggest gripe is lag. The big selling point is the click screen, but in landscape mode the keyboard tends to lag. It's usually manageable, but it's gotten so bad that I have to text in portrait mode.

Also, the selection of apps is sort of lackluster. I make due.. but things like SIP give me a slight regret in my purchase.
    I say this is the most irritating thing about my s2 also because my 9000 is blistering fast and my 9650 is also very zippy.

06-12-10 03:45 PM
    Everybodys phone setup is different. I have no lag in landscape. I've gotten so used to SureType I rarely use landscape mode.

06-12-10 04:01 PM
    Some how you have inside information that no one else has? I'm confused, when did RIM announce this?
    06-12-10 05:40 PM
    Well I ended up getting the storm and glad I did! I tried the ally first but the print was so small I could not read it. Thanks for all your help.

06-12-10 09:55 PM
    I am thinking about getting a storm. Since you liked it I'm sure I will too.
    06-12-10 09:57 PM
    i just orderd my storm 2 on Amazon.com lastnight...you can get it for $0.01 pluse free two day shipping when you sign up for a two year contract
    06-12-10 10:14 PM
    Little things like the constant batteries pulls, the lackluster media player (i.e. album artwork missing, the fade into songs, schizo song cateloging and song scrolling), optional browsers having terrible issues with new OS upgrades. Stuff like that.

I'm not saying the S2 is terrible, it's just there are many small things that through time add up to hinder the phone.
    Artwork missing is your fault sir. Not the phones. You have to embed the artwork into each MP3 just like you have to do on every other phone and MP3 player on the planet, including the Jesus Phone. As for fade into songs? There is no fade at all. Once the track ends it immediately goes to the next, you should rerip your music if your having that issue. Song cataloging is another issue of yours and not the phone. You must make sure your tags on your MP3's are updated and are all there - just like you have to do with every other media player.

As for the browser I agree the stock browser sucks. Opera is a good 3rd party browser however and I've yet to have any issues with it even on hybrids.

As a phone - it's one of the best as are all BlackBerry's. You will find no better phone to keep in communication with anywhere. I will say that if your looking for the best communication platform nothing beats a Berry. However if your looking for something beyond that, look at an Android phone or a Jesus phone. However the Storm2 is a very capable multimedia device in it's own right but there are fare fare better.
    06-12-10 10:19 PM
    Some how you have inside information that no one else has? I'm confused, when did RIM announce this?
    RIM hasn't. It's just how they seem to operate. The Storm2 was KNOWN to be coming down the pipe but you heard NOTHING about it from RIM until pretty much it's release. The Storm3 and/or Slider is/are also known to be coming down the pipe as there are many detailed photos of the slider running OS 6, just like there were with the Storm2 months before launch.
    06-12-10 10:21 PM
    One of the major draw backs for me on the androids devices is the font size and no way to increase it. Trying to read your email on a ally is almost impossible but a little better on the other droids. But the draw back on the storm is the browser hopefuly soon we will get a new browser.

06-13-10 09:24 AM
    As for the browser I agree the stock browser sucks. Opera is a good 3rd party browser however and I've yet to have any issues with it even on hybrids.

As a phone - it's one of the best as are all BlackBerry's. You will find no better phone to keep in communication with anywhere. I will say that if your looking for the best communication platform nothing beats a Berry. However if your looking for something beyond that, look at an Android phone or a Jesus phone. However the Storm2 is a very capable multimedia device in it's own right but there are fare fare better.
    agreed! Live long and prosper
    06-13-10 09:34 AM
    Love my Storm 2. Had several Storm 1's with various problems. The Storm 2 has performed perfectly since I changed from the Storm 1. As you have found.... the grass always looks greener on the other side....
    06-16-10 09:27 AM
    I'm getting my first ever BB a used Tour next week. Just interested in getting my emails, keeping up with the Craigslist postings, weather and doing some light web surfing. I can also see using either Google maps or other apps when traveling. Oh I'd like it to be a good cell phone to, I currently use a Motorola flip phone now and love the sound quality.

I am due for a new phone in September, thinking the Storm 2 or the LG Ally. I am thinking the S2 is a better phone, built for business use not downloading videos. How about battery life and reliablity?
    06-18-10 08:07 PM
    I just returned the HTC Incredible due to call quality and durability issues and I am interested in the Storm 2 and the LG Ally. I am leaning towards the storm because I feel the security on A blackberry is superior to the android devices. I am looking for a device with a decent camera which the Storm has over the Ally and good Internet access. I use the internet during the day for reference so I want to make sure the storm will work. MY question is will the storm get a new browser soon or will I be stuck with what it has now? The browser on the Ally is nice but not happy with android security after I got the incredible I received Emails and phone calls from android based company's which I never gave out! Any help making the decision would be appreciated.
    This might ignite a war of words, but what exactly do you mean by "durability issues?" I was looking into the Incredible at one point and decided against it for other reasons, but I heard a lot of rumors about the phone being easy to break. On the flip side, I've heard the exact opposite and even seen video proof that it's durable. Please share, if it's not too much.

Good to hear you found a phone that you enjoy, though. The Storm 2 is a really great phone and I couldn't bear to part with it, another reason I couldn't go through with the switch to the Incredible.
    06-18-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD