Thanks to all the posts in here i did a few things that really improved my storm..
    1. Deleted vznav and visual voicemail
    2. screen settings> scroll sensitivity-low(0) tap interval-500 hover period-100
    3. placed a piece of credit card on top of the battery then put the cover back on
    I was amazed at the difference in clicking after i put card in it..
    hope this helps and thank you to everyone who posted the tips that helped "upgrade" my storm!!
    if you have any more tips please post them!!
    Last edited by Francesca86; 11-24-08 at 09:26 PM.
    11-24-08 08:22 PM
    Why not pad it with paper? Not that you should have to, but at least it's non-conductive...
    11-24-08 08:24 PM
    i dunno the heat from the phone and the paper scared me, think the aluminum foil will cause problems??
    11-24-08 08:25 PM
    I would replace the foil immediately with something non-conductive. I find post-it notes to be quite convenient. Just cut a stack of them to the desired shape.
    11-24-08 08:40 PM
    i used a small piece of packing foam cut thin and wrapped in electrical tape... seems to be working just as good as the paper but keeps me at ease with the tape around it keeping it safe from any electrical currents or whatever might flow through that area
    11-24-08 08:42 PM
    Use a credit card...
    11-24-08 08:44 PM
    i would if i didnt need to use my cc!! i guess ill have to search for an old one!! so just out of curiosity what would the aluminum foil do? (i took it out but still wanna know)
    11-24-08 08:49 PM
    yeah i wouldnt recommend something that could conduct a current... go with paper / cardboard stock (notecards). there is NO WAY the paper is going to get hot enough +450 degrees F to catch fire.
    11-24-08 08:52 PM
    Ok, I'll bite... I'm not savy enough with my Storm anatomy. How does putting somehting on top of the battery help the clicking of the screen? I havn't noticed a huge problem with mine so I think I'll pass on the Dr. Frankenberry technique, but I guess curiosity kills the cat.
    11-24-08 08:54 PM
    it could short the battery...i have shorted lipo/lithium ion batteries and it's not pretty/safe at all...if you were afraid of the heat with the paper in there, then just beware that the heat of a shorted lipo or lithium ion battery will pretty much melt your phone...and your hand
    what is the paper on top of the battery supposed to do?
    why do you put paper foil or anything else on the battery???
    11-24-08 08:55 PM
    it makes the clicking on the screen so much better! give it a try real fast and see for urself! if u dont see a difference then u have nothing to worry about (by the way i found n old wawa card to use, gotta love wawa...)
    11-24-08 09:04 PM
    Ok, I'll bite... I'm not savy enough with my Storm anatomy. How does putting somehting on top of the battery help the clicking of the screen? I havn't noticed a huge problem with mine so I think I'll pass on the Dr. Frankenberry technique, but I guess curiosity kills the cat.
    not sure i think sooks was had the original idea and yes i was curious but it paid off cause it makes a huge difference..
    11-24-08 09:05 PM
    now if only the extended batteries that a company comes up with are just a few mm thicker. Then that would solve the problem for you guys without having to do these strange mods.
    11-24-08 09:07 PM
    how big do you have to cut the CC up
    11-24-08 09:07 PM
    I wonder why it makes a difference...

Is it putting pressure on the screen to make it click easier?

I'm very confused!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 09:08 PM
    Thanks to all the posts in here i did a few things that really improved my storm..
    1. Deleted vznav and visual voicemail
    3. placed a piece of folded aluminum foil (about the size of the battery) on top of the battery then put the cover back on
    I was amazed at the difference in clicking after i put the aluminum foil in it..
    hope this helps and thank you to everyone who posted the tips that helped "upgrade" my storm!!
    if you have any more tips please post them!!
    Hey Francesca86,

Great post to lighten up the evening.
    For item 3, might I suggest thin copper sheet instead of aluminum. It could possibly increase your signal strength!
    Another favorite, delete all installed apps. She'll really speed along then!

Thanks for the humor!
    11-24-08 09:12 PM
    how big do you have to cut the CC up
    i cut it in half and put it in there long ways...
    11-24-08 09:14 PM
    and is there really a big difference i don't have any prob with my screen so should i attempt it???
    11-24-08 09:15 PM
    Well, I followed your advice and cut up a CVS discount credit card and put it in over the battery. If I suddenly die and my wife happens to open up the back of the phone she will probably be glad that the old man died because he was apparently going nuts anyway.
    11-24-08 09:17 PM
    and is there really a big difference i don't have any prob with my screen so should i attempt it???
    i wasnt having big problems but wanted to see what would happen and i was totally impressed! give it a try it cant hurt..
    11-24-08 09:17 PM
    Vulcan500Rider did it make a difference for u?
    11-24-08 09:18 PM
    Vulcan500Rider did it make a difference for u?
    Not sure but I suddenly have an urge to go to CVS.
    11-24-08 09:20 PM
    T

Hmmm, someone else posted the other day they set the swipe sensitivity to High 6, tap to 100 and hover to 100 and it was an improvement for them. I changed my settings to those and it seemed to be a bit better for me. Your advice goes entirely the other way.

So is there any consensus on which way is better to go with these settings?
    11-24-08 09:20 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD