when i put the screen sensitivity on high i couldnt scroll everytime i tried to it took me back to the same place i started so not sure how the other person made it work, also i havent noticed much of a difference on the other setting thats just what i have it on now and its working great
    11-24-08 09:22 PM
    i dunno the heat from the phone and the paper scared me, think the aluminum foil will cause problems??

It could. And since paper won't burn below 470 degrees... if your phone is over even half that, you won't be able to touch it.
    11-24-08 09:23 PM
    when i put the screen sensitivity on high i couldnt scroll everytime i tried to it took me back to the same place i started so not sure how the other person made it work, also i havent noticed much of a difference on the other setting thats just what i have it on now and its working great
    I just tried your settings to get a comparison. I didnt think the scrolling at 0 was nearly as good as at 6. The tap interval, whatever that even is, if it is related to typing, at 100 or 500 didnt seem to be much different.
    11-24-08 09:27 PM
    just went through sensitivity settings again and didnt have as much trouble as i did the 1st day i had the storm dunno whats goin on but i still dont like it a 6 i guess its the users preference, although i did just change it to 3..
    11-24-08 09:32 PM
    voodoodaddy's onto it now....

Has nobody else noticed that this is either humor or baiting?

Francesca's 1. VZNavigator and Visual Voicemail are on Verizon's server, not your phone.
    2. As voodoodaddy noticed, these settings slow and extend their functions, not speed them up.
    3. Some people have put paper on top of the battery to snug the face plate fit. Who in their right mind would put aluminum foil on a battery?
    11-24-08 09:35 PM
    im just telling you what i did and the improvements i noticed..ill admit the aluminum foil was not the best idea but if u look ull see i edited that and as for the sensitivity situation i already explained that the 1st day i got my phone i changed it on 6 and had major trouble scrolling but for some reason when i tried it again today it wasnt as bad but i still dont like it as much as the lower settings..
    11-24-08 09:39 PM
    just went through sensitivity settings again and didnt have as much trouble as i did the 1st day i had the storm dunno whats goin on but i still dont like it a 6 i guess its the users preference, although i did just change it to 3..
    Small manufacturing difference between devices, even though its the exact same phone, may allow a variance in settings from one to the other.
    11-24-08 09:41 PM
    so can anyone explain
    scroll sensitivity
    tap interval
    hover period

i cannot find any documentation on what these settings set
    11-24-08 09:43 PM
    I haven't been searching these forums as much as I have in the past.

So why does everyone need to put a piece of paper on top of the battery?
    11-24-08 09:45 PM
    I haven't been searching these forums as much as I have in the past.

So why does everyone need to put a piece of paper on top of the battery?
    it seems to make the clicking much better on the edges of the screen if u notice clicking the a or other letters on the end of the screen are a little stiffer to hit give the paper or credit card thing a try..
    11-24-08 09:47 PM
    I'd recommend to any and every storm owner to install opera mini4.2. Its made me fall in love with a phone that at first made me miss my curve
    11-24-08 10:05 PM
    I wasn't really having any problems with the
    keyboard but I just tried the CC mod and WOW!!
    This is a real improvement. My battery cover
    sticks up just a little, but this mod is staying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 10:17 PM
    I'd recommend to any and every storm owner to install opera mini4.2. Its made me fall in love with a phone that at first made me miss my curve
    THX i love it!!!
    11-24-08 11:37 PM
    i too folded a piece of paper (with the list of different tracking numbers I received from VZW CS) and put it on my battery. Definitely helped the corners out.
    11-25-08 12:00 AM
    I wasn't really having any problems with the
    keyboard but I just tried the CC mod and WOW!!
    This is a real improvement. My battery cover
    sticks up just a little, but this mod is staying

i am still on the if its not broke dont fix it boat. while i have issues with picking up my finger tip, etc, but clicking is fine.

isnt it also possible that putting this pressure on the switch or something else (maybe what holds the screen in) could actually be damaging it in the long run?
    11-25-08 12:11 AM
    hey vzw has a 1yr warranty so if something does happen to go wrong which i dont think it will all you have to do is go in and make up some bs about ur screen freezing and they hand you a new one..i used to do this all the time when i scratched up my treo...and i do it at least once a yr to insure i dont have to use my insurance...
    11-25-08 12:15 AM
    i am still on the if its not broke dont fix it boat. while i have issues with picking up my finger tip, etc, but clicking is fine.

isnt it also possible that putting this pressure on the switch or something else (maybe what holds the screen in) could actually be damaging it in the long run?
    Exactly what I thought when people started recommending this...
    11-25-08 12:21 AM

I guess it could do damage down the road but I am sticking with this mod. The keyboard just plain
    feels better. If something breaks, that's what I pay an extra 5.99 a month for.

11-25-08 12:24 AM
    The credit card trick works great. Once the vis vm is set up and used, though, its pretty hard to let go. Verizon tech rep did confirm that there is no real soft ware glitch, but there is an expected upgrade slated to come out early December. supposed to fix some of the lag issues. mine isn't even that bad. I've seen much worse on my buddies Iphone..
    11-25-08 12:25 AM

actually, i have a notecard covering MORE than just my battery.. it extends UP pass the sim card / micro SD so the pressure is applied very evenly to the back of the phone, its not pinpoint pressure.

I see no reason why this could damage the phone. I think the small hinges on the battery casing would give out MUCH sooner than the phones metal frame. If someone DOES have an explanation for why it could cause damage I am definitely willing to listen. Of course I do not want to destroy my phone :P
    11-25-08 12:58 AM
    actually, i have a notecard covering MORE than just my battery.. it extends UP pass the sim card / micro SD so the pressure is applied very evenly to the back of the phone, its not pinpoint pressure.

I see no reason why this could damage the phone. I think the small hinges on the battery casing would give out MUCH sooner than the phones metal frame. If someone DOES have an explanation for why it could cause damage I am definitely willing to listen. Of course I do not want to destroy my phone :P
    my concern isnt regarding he metal frame of the phone, but there must be some kind of mechanisim that holds the screen into the phone, so it doesnt fall out when you turn it over. this mechanism is what you would be putting pressure on by puttin pressure on the bottom of the screen. maybe the screen is just "stuck" to the pressure plate, but that pressure plate must have a mechanism to hold it all in the phone.

this is just a theory, just trying to help by throwing out ideas. it may cause no damage at all.
    11-25-08 01:06 AM
    Thanks to all the posts in here i did a few things that really improved my storm..
    1. Deleted vznav and visual voicemail
    2. screen settings> scroll sensitivity-low(0) tap interval-500 hover period-100
    3. placed a piece of credit card on top of the battery then put the cover back on
    I was amazed at the difference in clicking after i put card in it..
    hope this helps and thank you to everyone who posted the tips that helped "upgrade" my storm!!
    if you have any more tips please post them!!
    I first was going to replace my phone to new one because my wife's phone was way better than mine in terms of clicking. But with CC on battery, it feels like totally different phone! Thanks again

By the way, how do you delete vznav and visual voicemail?
    11-25-08 01:22 AM
    I deleated them on deskto manager if u need more info let me know

11-25-08 09:32 AM
    Was the piece of CC placed on top of battery the part with the raised lettering or without?
    11-25-08 09:35 AM
    i used a wawa gift card so mine was w/out
    11-25-08 10:06 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD