Just wondering if the icons can look a little jazzier. Some like "messages" and "sms" are so boring -- white outline sketch over black. Is there a way to create a different icon or add color somehow. Thanks
    01-23-09 12:52 AM
    When/if Plazmic releases the 4.7 build of their theme creator, then you'll start seeing something other than the stock icon set.
    01-23-09 12:56 AM
    What about simply making custom launchers for the icons? Would that work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 01:11 AM
    Could you explain what those are? Also, how do you create one?
    01-23-09 01:27 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm even using the right term. I'm talking about how if you download an app and it displays a company / application logo as the icon. The "G" for google as an example. I was actually wondering if these could be custom made and applied to existing applications. Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about can shed some light on this.

01-23-09 01:32 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm even using the right term. I'm talking about how if you download an app and it displays a company / application logo as the icon. The "G" for google as an example. I was actually wondering if these could be custom made and applied to existing applications. Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about can shed some light on this.

The third party app icons are as is. You cannot change those.
    01-23-09 02:15 AM
    I know that with .jar apps u can simply open it winrar on ur desktop and ull see .png icon file just find higher res image and replace it. Same done w jad but lil more work bcuz rar doesn't open jad hope this helps

01-23-09 03:05 AM
    Just wondering if the icons can look a little jazzier. Some like "messages" and "sms" are so boring -- white outline sketch over black. Is there a way to create a different icon or add color somehow. Thanks
    You can simply highlight the folder click the BB button and then edit folder then click on the little folder
    And a box will open and you can pick a different color, some have little stars and one with a smile face
    You can also create your own new folders so you can remember where you put stuff
    For example I always put "my tools" "my stuff" so I know which folder is mine as to which one came with the phone or PC
    Hope this helps to get you started...I'm sure there is a way to add new ones but I my self am new to all this BB stuff
    And haven't got that far yet....but I am seeing lots of potential
    01-23-09 09:10 AM
    You can simply highlight the folder click the BB button and then edit folder then click on the little folder]

When I click on the folder, then BB button - I don't get an "edit folder". I get Move, Move Folder, Hide, Show All, Options, Add Folder. Not sure if I am doing something wrong. Thanks
    01-23-09 11:50 AM
    You can simply highlight the folder click the BB button and then edit folder then click on the little folder]

When I click on the folder, then BB button - I don't get an "edit folder". I get Move, Move Folder, Hide, Show All, Options, Add Folder. Not sure if I am doing something wrong. Thanks
    You're getting close now just create your own folder and then follow the same steps and you should see the edit folder button
    It doesn't seem to work with all the folders so if you try to change the wrench icon you won't see the edit folder option in the list
    01-23-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD