Sounds like I need to try the .141
    05-08-09 05:55 PM
    I haven't ventured into 5.0 territory yet, but the leaked .141 is pretty decent. I haven't had any random resets in recent memory, though battery pulls are still a necessary evil.

You should definitely give it a shot. Worst case scenario, you have to downgrade again, or maybe a bit worse, you may need to wipe your device, but if you just follow the tutorials you can't go wrong.
    05-08-09 08:03 PM
    Faster browsing: browser > menu > options > Browser Configuration > uncheck support java script + check prompt to enable javascript + in General Properties, check enable javascript location support.

Avoid pulling up keyboard: don't scroll where text input boxes r.
    05-08-09 09:14 PM
    This may sound odd, but whatever you do make absolutely sure your device is not in "global" mode. (This mode is only useful if you plan on travelling to a foreign country that has both CDMA and GSM roaming access, such as China or Japan.)

To set this, go to Manage connections -> Mobile Network options -> Network technology. Set it to 1xEVDO.

Otherwise, the blackberry sits there wasting battery and processor time searching for a signal that isn't there.

I cannot possibly express how many problems that "Global" mode causes for people who aren't roaming!
    05-08-09 10:27 PM
    Pathes, I think I lost your pin. Send it again if you will lol.

Anyway, about the keyboard. When is the keyboard showing that you don't want it? You have have hit blackberry button, show keyboard, and forgot to "hide keyboard" again.
    05-08-09 10:29 PM
    Hi all,
    Just joined and am fairly new to BlackBerry. Had a Curve a while back and now have a Storm.

Curious,... does anyone know of a cure for the things I hate about the Storm.

#1: The keyboard auto pop up is maddening. Most of the time I don't even know what I did to make it show up. Is there a way to add "hide Keyboard" to the keyboard so I can easily hide it?

#2: The OS is almost intolerably slow.

#3: The Verizon Wireless Network is incredibly slow or is it the BB OS (well ok, maybe Verizon not the Storm)?

#4: Using the Internet is a miserable experience. Loading, requesting, running, loading, requesting, running and on and on and on, constantly need to hit the refresh and then it starts again. A vicious cycle.

Any hints, tips or tricks would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    nova
    I have NONE of your problem and I am still on .75 OS.
    05-08-09 10:40 PM
    As much as I hate to admit to using Comcast,... well it is pretty damn fast. OTOH, Verizon,.. well it's pretty damn slow.

The OS, I'm always waiting,.. can't do anything till tho OS catches up. If everything is right there for you I'm happy for ya, me? I'm always waiting 3-15 seconds before I can do anything.

In any case, I just installed .148, we'll see how this goes.
    05-21-09 12:07 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD