I have a couple of web sites that I visit daily, no hourly...they use "HTTP Authentication", i.e. the browser-based popup asking for Username and Password.

The default browser shows me a 'Remember username' checkbox...but I have to re-type my password every time?!?!?

I installed both Opera Mini and Bolt and neither seem to do it ... Opera Mini is oh so close, I just can't click the stupid checkbox--a checkbox that LOOKS like it might remember both username and password...so frustrating.

I've read rumors of a Firefox for Blackberry ... or maybe Chrome for Blackberry?

I am brand new to Blackberry...just got my Storm this afternoon, but if I can't figure out how to save passwords to web sites, I can't stick with this device. There's no way I'm re-typing my passwords over and over each day. [ I came from a Samsung i-730...Windows CE device--not a huge fan of M$ but at least it remember my passwords in its Internet Explorer! ]

Is there a solution for me?

New to Blackberry and loving most of what I see so far,
    Aaron
    05-24-09 03:55 AM
    I think mini opera doesnt operate on a click but more like an iphone, where you just hover basically. Correct me if im wrong long time since i have used opera. So try and just use pressure in the box on mini opera and see if that works.
    05-24-09 04:25 AM
    Try using password keeper... You ca switch apps and copy the saved passwords and user names... That's what I do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 04:29 AM
    opera mini is touch based so you have to tap but not click the desired control until it decides to check the box.
    05-24-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD