b/c i d/l it today...4.2....

and it has NO pointer...my thumb is too big! haha
    01-11-09 04:23 PM
    No, not yet. I'm thinking they are working on a storm version though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 04:25 PM
    intersting....i wonder how so many of u guys use it then....i cant click into the spots i need to ie: to log on.

plus bringing up kepboard is tough (gotta use menu button i believe)

thx
    01-11-09 04:31 PM
    You use the menu button a lot, and there are a lot of other problems (since it is not designed to work with the storm) but the speed is out of this world compared to the BB browser. AND, can download pretty much any sized file I want in the OM. Takes some getting used to, but very nice to have for some functions not otherwise available.
    01-11-09 05:21 PM
    I have Opera Mini installed on my Storm; it's "usable" and faster than the native browser options on the phone. It still is not the way to go.

For the life of me, I just can't understand why Verizon decided to have web pages rendered on the phone and not on their servers. This makes the browser slower.

What I think is very bad and absolutely false advertising and what has suckered so many of us is the Storm being advertised as having a full html browser. This is absolutely not true. It does not support iframes (frames within frames). Many sites don't have mobile site versions...so a webpage comes up on the phone just like on a home pc. The small boxes or part of a webpage that have several links in them show up as a static box. In other words, there would be say 15 links in a frame that are scrollable up or down from which to choose/click on but on the Storm, you will see only the ones that fit into the box...anything "below" the window frame is inaccessible because Storm's browser does not support opening up a window within a window. Why on earth this gets billed as a full html browser is beyond me.

To wit, if anyone ever has any info on a web browser for Storm that supports iframes, I would be interested. I think it is a ridiculous limitation. If this had been explained, I am sure folks would have said WTF and answered the question of what they might be able to do with such a browser by putting the Storm back up on the shelf and getting an Iphone.
    01-11-09 07:54 PM
    True you have to use the menu ALOt and you dont need to click to select things i still MUCH rather use it opposed to the default BB, firefox or IE browser.....

I showed my cousin who also has a storm and did a side by side and he was amazed

we were both running .85

I just wish there was a way to make this browser to default to links and emails!!
    01-11-09 09:37 PM
    opera mini is good but could be way better
    01-11-09 09:45 PM

For the life of me, I just can't understand why Verizon decided to have web pages rendered on the phone and not on their servers. This makes the browser slower.
    V E R I Z O N! enough said!
    02-28-09 04:11 PM
    intersting....i wonder how so many of u guys use it then....i cant click into the spots i need to ie: to log on.

plus bringing up kepboard is tough (gotta use menu button i believe)

thx
    Turn off auto complete and the kb will pop up automatically.

It takes some getting used to the touch-not-clicking..
    02-28-09 04:33 PM
    Sadly....not yet. We certainly need this app along with VNC for Blackberry, and Slingplayer Mobile for the Storm. Vlingo would be a welcome app as well. Storm owners are waiting on a good many apps it would appear.

According to one of the developers on the Opera Mini board, there's no plan to add Storm support to 4.2. Seems they need an unlocked Storm to work with. Perhaps in 4.3, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Last edited by ltrtiger; 02-28-09 at 05:02 PM.
    02-28-09 04:42 PM
    V E R I Z O N! enough said!
    Actually, that would be RIM's fault.

Don't let that get in the way of your VZW bashing, though
    02-28-09 04:50 PM
    nightfishing said to "turn off auto complete" to help with opening and closing the key board.

can someone tell me where/what is AUTO COMPLETE.

thanks,
    03-05-09 08:25 AM
    nightfishing said to "turn off auto complete" to help with opening and closing the key board.

can someone tell me where/what is AUTO COMPLETE.

thanks,
    Open up Opera Mini>BB button>settings>uncheck auto complete address input. Your keyboard will pop up automatically when its needed.
    03-05-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD