I have .983 installed, but whenever I go to my contacts, the phone freezes. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Should I just reinstall .983? Please help. Thanks all!
    10-24-10 07:43 PM
    I have .983 installed, but whenever I go to my contacts, the phone freezes. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Should I just reinstall .983? Please help. Thanks all!
    before i upgraded from .713 i wiped my phone, shrunk .983 and loaded it and have had no problems. you could try that
    10-24-10 09:39 PM
    I have no problem with contacts... i upgrade my 9550 with common step...
    Try to back up your contacts first .. do wipe and upgrade with 983 then put the back up back ...
    10-24-10 09:51 PM
    I have no problems with contacts either i would wipe and reinstall you may have got a bad load
    10-24-10 09:56 PM
    Could try these, keeping in mind you'll either have to use full keyboard in portrait or use landscape and memorize which keys correspond to letters with Alt locked. Afterwards do a restore from a previous backup. I had a small address book glitch right after I got my S2 and doing the second option fixed it - all my contacts were there though, so your mileage may vary.

Name: Address Book file verification.
    Description/purpose: Checks the data in your Address Book for inconsistencies.
    Process: In the Address Book, hold "Alt" and press "V", "A", "L", "D

Name: Address Book data structure rebuild.
    Description/purpose: Forces a data structure re-build in the Address Book...
    Process: In the Address Book, hold "Alt" and press "R", "B", "L", "D".
    10-24-10 11:00 PM
    Yeah, I have had the same problem with .983 to no avail. It has not been pleasant. I have tried every which way so far to import the data without having a import error from either the backup or sync; but it has been a no go. And I have also seen the contact button lock up the phone as well.
    10-25-10 07:24 AM
    before i upgraded from .713 i wiped my phone, shrunk .983 and loaded it and have had no problems. you could try that
    Same here.
    10-25-10 08:23 AM
    Same here.
    Could either of you detail the steps for that? I have not shrunk an os before, and not sure how to do it. As it is now, I cannot access my contacts, and am about ready to throw my Storm2 out into the pond!

thanks
    10-27-10 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD