I guess the topic title says it all... I know you can filter the contact list but this takes quite some additional steps to show, and also to return back to a full list or personal list.

With my contact list being long and my GF's too all in one phone we are starting to have trouble finding a phone nr quickly. Also we do not always know the full name of someone so the search is not quite as handy as it could be in that respect

Anyone got any tips for us?
    02-04-09 03:47 AM
    Build groups in the adressbook.
    02-04-09 06:17 AM
    In the contact itself you can set a category. Then in the main address book hit meny > filter

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 06:24 AM
    Yeah, I was kinda hoping that in the contact list there could be an option on screen, like a button orso, or maybe the side buttons on the phone, which you could use to switch between lists by just touching that button. Alternate between personal, business, full list, etc...

Mainly because I have the phone in the holster on my belt while driving and when I need to call someone, fiddling about with it can get kind a dangerous and can get me a ticket from the cops too. The car itself is already full of other stuff so another suction cup to the window with a holder isn't such a good idea.

Would make visibility about 0%

Luxury problems are a pain in the but t...
    02-04-09 06:28 AM
    The solution I found (that works for me...can't promise it for anyone else) is to put keywords/category names in the "Company" field. I use the company field because it is the second field that shows in the Contacts list.

For every member of my family, I have the word "Family" in the Company field - and their relation(for my wife, I have "Wife - Family").

For people I know that I know from a car club I belong to, I have "NELOC" in the company field (North East Lexus Owners Club, for those among you who are the curious type).

So, since I have the right-side convenience key set to show/hide keyboard, I hit the green button to bring up the phone (and it brings up the Contacts, by default, on my phone), I hit the right button, and type "F", "A", "M"... and there's a filtered list of every family member in my address book. Hit the backspace 3 times to delete the "FAM", and the filter goes away. I type "N", "E", "L"...and I get all of the members of the car club.

Again, I'm not saying this is THE solution...it's what I've done, and it works for me. Your mileage my vary.
    02-04-09 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD