This is really for aradlahiji. Earlier this week I posed the question "Has Vlingo been cast to the Netherworld?" Apparently neither he nor anybody cares, but I care. Why has this app been removed from the uber app listings ? Technical problem ? Blunder ? Manufacturer request ? What ?

Doctor Neutron

Go to vlingo.com with your Storm Browser and OTA download, observing that a NEW VERSION (2.1.0) is OUT !

To all unclean brethren users of vlingo: when I did this OTA download, I checked the little box about setting permissions. I answered 'YES' to install over my previous version. When it finished, I in fact rebooted. You will eventually have to do a new setup. Don't know if any improvements to Storm are present in this release, but it is working at least as good as before. PLUS: looks like its got FACEBOOK and TWITTER support. Who Knew. I'm thinking vlingo has gotta pay its bills.

19-feb-09 It seems clear now that aradlahiji is busy trying to get more and more apps on his list, without any regard to whether not not this list is complete and has one of the most important apps on it ! Is aradlahiji maintaining this list on his own time with his own money, or is he meeting the needs and wishes of others ? Anyhow, you can use your Storm Browser and go to vlingo and do an OTA download/install of this really important app.
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 02-19-09 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added info
    02-06-09 10:47 PM
    I found this app on mobile.blackberry.com
    It is my favorite. The instructions and scrolling could be optimized for the storm but the fuctionality is awesome.
    02-06-09 11:03 PM
    i use it and love it ... since wayyyyyyy long ago.
    02-07-09 03:26 AM
    i use it and love it ... since wayyyyyyy long ago.
    Me too ! I evoke it via my left convenience key. I wait for the day its command set increases so I can talk/listen to my Storm without touching it, particularly when I am out from my fortress of solitude !

My comment related to the fact that last week it disappeared from the list of apps somehow. Hopefully next week it will be restored to its rightful place as a valuable element to the Stormification of the Universe !

Doctor Neutron
    02-07-09 09:57 AM
    I want to love it. I've tried it several times, as recently as a few days ago on .99. Any way I slice it, it is much faster for me to type, with less errors. Also, I really feel like it slows the system down, and it's often resulted in reboots. Take it off, and I NEVER get a reboot.

It has potential, but it's a little rough in my opinion.
    02-07-09 10:24 AM
    I think this is a great app - I use it in the car to send text messages. I just wish the storm had "one" more convenience key. I use one for QL and one for voice dialing, so I haven't figured out how to quickly launch vlingo...
    02-07-09 11:53 AM
    I think this is a great app - I use it in the car to send text messages. I just wish the storm had "one" more convenience key. I use one for QL and one for voice dialing, so I haven't figured out how to quickly launch vlingo...
    Just interested:

Why not use Vlingo for your voice dialing?
    02-07-09 12:10 PM
    I use the left key for QL and the right for Vlingo. You are right, a 3rd key would be nice.
    02-07-09 12:12 PM
    Just interested:

Why not use Vlingo for your voice dialing?
    Actually, I use it all the time for voice dialing. I have it as my righty convenience key. Like me, it seems to improve with age !

It is great for texting AND fully supports copy and paste for corrections. I appreciate the tip today: on "Note to Self": in Vlingo options, you can have the note generate a memo file or a task !

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 02-08-09 at 10:05 PM. Reason: extra info
    02-08-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD