I am interviewing someone over the phone for a school paper and I don't want to have to purchase a tape recorder...is there any way to record your conversations on the storm?
    02-07-09 12:49 PM
    02-07-09 01:05 PM
    hahahahahahah ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THAT RESPONSE!?
    02-07-09 01:07 PM
    lol an obama chia pet is awesome
    02-07-09 01:08 PM
    I think you should get an award for "the most creatively off-topic response in history"!

Well played, sir.
    02-07-09 01:18 PM
    The question is......does the obama chia pet record conversations? Lol
    02-07-09 01:28 PM
    I laughed my *** off! Very good "off-topic" reply. I agree an award needs to go out for this one !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 01:36 PM
    Ok....getting back on topic....can u record a conversation? My boyfriends cheap phone will record... So I'm hoping a friggin storm can
    02-07-09 01:53 PM
    Oh man, I laughed at that hard.

More on topic though, at our store none of us could figure out how to record a conversation (and I'm the data expert). One of our other reps said it was considered a security risk so they never included it. Don't know if that's verifiable.
    02-07-09 04:15 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can't, but you can always do it the ghetto way and just use a mic from your computer and record to there. I'm not sure if that helps lol
    02-07-09 04:20 PM
    All my LG phones had that option and they were with Verizon

02-07-09 04:33 PM
    All my LG phones had that option and they were with Verizon

02-07-09 05:26 PM
    all my lg phones had that option and they were with Verizon
    02-07-09 08:58 PM
    Let me know when you become wiser... Even I need the app
    02-08-09 01:51 AM
    Me too... I've started a thread on this in the past too.

I can't believe other simple phones can do this thing and the storm can't. Its supposed to be top notch..... Sadly it isn't right now. Hope they will include it though but I won't hold my breath. I guess there will come a third party app for that though.

Also I'd like to be able to save the call logs to a text or xls file so I can copy/paste it into the DB I wrote.

I'm really starting to think about taking up java programming myself. Just too many things I want that aren't available. But by the time I get that far with Java and get licensed to access certain needed parts of the OS to hook into, there will most likely be 3 other generations of storms in stores already and have that function included thus no need for my app anymore

Maybe I'll open up a .ipb file with a hex editor and search for the call log entries in it. Then it is pretty simple to write some code to extract that data IF its stored in a certain way/structure without having to go into the matter too deep.
    02-08-09 05:04 AM
    Im pretty sure someone will come out with an APP for this.... its essential when your speaking to the missus and she says pick some pasta up from the shops on your way home from work then when you arrive with pasta she says, why didnt you get the rice!!!

Talk about memory leakage!!!
    02-08-09 05:16 AM
    awwww.....
    I was hoping there was a definate on this!
    02-08-09 05:33 AM
    The definitive is that's its not possible... Yet.

02-08-09 05:52 AM
    SAFE_NAFE is definitely right...
    02-08-09 06:06 AM
    If you really need the ability to record a conversation and don't want to wait for a third party application, you might want to try a service like this -

1recordacall.com/ preview_029.htm (add the http and remove the space)

I have never tried it, so I can't give any reviews.

Gook luck.
    02-08-09 07:39 AM
    Im pretty sure someone will come out with an APP for this.... its essential when your speaking to the missus and she says pick some pasta up from the shops on your way home from work then when you arrive with pasta she says, why didnt you get the rice!!!

Talk about memory leakage!!!
    OI!!! I don't do that!!!
    02-08-09 09:17 AM
    you can get a GrandCentral account (free), and it has the ability to record a call that you make through the service.

I'm not aware of a way to record a call on the BB however. I just tried using VR+, and while it appears to actually record during a call, and it saves a file, it will not let you access the file -- if it was recorded during a call.

I'm thinking you could do the call on another phone using a speakerphone, and then use a recording application like VR+ to record the whole conversation from the other speakerphone onto the BB.
    02-08-09 09:21 AM
    OI!!! I don't do that!!!
    If i lived in your country im pretty sure she could blame it on my memory as i would spend most of my time in the coffee shops leading to severe memory loss...

Amsterdam Rocks!!! City Of Sin!!!

PS what has happened to the prices over there I was over to watch Oasis a couple of weeks ago and the Wonderwok prices are disgusting lol!!!! Still tasty though.
    02-10-09 07:42 AM
    Wow I was sure the storm would have this feature
    02-10-09 07:55 AM
    Me too... I've started a thread on this in the past too.

I can't believe other simple phones can do this thing and the storm can't. Its supposed to be top notch..... Sadly it isn't right now. Hope they will include it though but I won't hold my breath. I guess there will come a third party app for that though.

Also I'd like to be able to save the call logs to a text or xls file so I can copy/paste it into the DB I wrote.

I'm really starting to think about taking up java programming myself. Just too many things I want that aren't available. But by the time I get that far with Java and get licensed to access certain needed parts of the OS to hook into, there will most likely be 3 other generations of storms in stores already and have that function included thus no need for my app anymore

Maybe I'll open up a .ipb file with a hex editor and search for the call log entries in it. Then it is pretty simple to write some code to extract that data IF its stored in a certain way/structure without having to go into the matter too deep.
    I started a thread in the 3rd party apps

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/le...p-game-156140/

maybe if people reply this could help you too.
    02-10-09 08:19 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD