When I type...I can type on the storm pretty fast but the software cannot fully keep it. It will register all my key presses but on the screen the type could be a line behind...so I don't see errors until I am way past that word. My settings are on 6 (highest). Does this happen to all? Any fixes?
    11-25-08 01:19 PM
    ive actually just gotten to this point (at my speed of typing) as well. I would say the only thing that could fix it at this point is a software update as I have done all the possible tweaks / memory freeing dances possible.
    11-25-08 01:27 PM
    ...memory freeing dances...

Pics or it didn't happen.
    11-25-08 01:31 PM
    When I type...I can type on the storm pretty fast but the software cannot fully keep it. It will register all my key presses but on the screen the type could be a line behind...so I don't see errors until I am way past that word. My settings are on 6 (highest). Does this happen to all? Any fixes?
    When you say "6 (highest)" I'm assuming you're referring to the swipe sensitivity, correct? I think the tap interval setting would have to do more with typing. BUT no one knows for certain what the tap and hover settings do anyways so I guess I have no point.
    11-25-08 01:45 PM
    i think lowering the tap interval to 300 helped. i may try lower
    11-25-08 01:52 PM
    Try these settings Tap interval 100 Hover 100 Swipe High and key rate fast...let us know how it works
    11-25-08 02:49 PM
    I have mine at 100 hover, 100 tap interval and there's still software lag that affects it. I'm getting used to pulling my fingers up with the click but it's the software slowing me down now.

Hopefully an update or two will help.
    11-25-08 03:10 PM
    a long shot for you storm guys maybe, but worth a try:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/prob...ssaging-85917/

this helped the lag on my (old fashioned, ha) curve!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-25-08 at 03:29 PM.
    11-25-08 03:12 PM
    a long shot for you storm guys maybe, but worth a try:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/prob...ssaging-85917/

this helped the lag on my (old fashioned, ha) curve!
    Hehe, with the storm we'll have to change that to 1.
    11-25-08 03:16 PM
    This is a reported con about teh storm in multiple reviews... I actually caused the one in teh verizon store to freeze up because i typed to fast on it... One reason i am not goign to get a storm (the other is because i am on sprint )
    11-25-08 03:19 PM
    Hehe, with the storm we'll have to change that to 1.

that bad, huh? sorry. it took care of it for my 8330!
    11-25-08 03:27 PM
    that bad, huh? sorry. it took care of it for my 8330!
    I actually just changed mine from 7 to 2, we'll see if it helps. Not a lot of time to test at the moment.
    11-25-08 03:28 PM
    Easy Fix: Shut down apps after you use them as you would a computer..
    11-25-08 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD