This is my first post. So replyers, take it easy.
    I have had the storm for 6 months (almost). I've tried many different (free themes). All have either slowed the device down or drained the battery.

As soon as I delete the theme, things work much better.

I've been thinking about lunars iberry slide iphone-ish theme, but not sure if it is much like the very respectfully high Q free guys.

So am I right in saying that any non rim default theme does not run as efficient as the default RIM storm theme?
    Forget batt pulls to compensate.

Thanks.

Hm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 12:19 AM
    1) where are you getting the themes?

2) are you using themes that other people have commented work fine on their device?

3) what OS are you using?

4) what themes are you using?

5) the issue goes away with the theme set as the default or do you have to fully delete the theme to resolve the issue?
    05-19-09 01:41 AM
    So am I right in saying that any non rim default theme does not run as efficient as the default RIM storm theme?
    you could speculate that this is a logical reason as to why no other themes come pre-loaded on the storm, unlike other phones that come with quite a few other ones available default and pre-loaded...
    05-19-09 01:42 AM
    1) where are you getting the themes?

2) are you using themes that other people have commented work fine on their device?

3) what OS are you using?

4) what themes are you using?

5) the issue goes away with the theme set as the default or do you have to fully delete the theme to resolve the issue?
    1- get my themes here usually
    2- people comment both ways on themes, almost all of them from what i read
    3- .141 hybrid
    4- iberry style themes, and other business style themes...i read a lot about the theme and the threads on them before downloading, so i know pros/cons, and popularity.
    5- have to totally delete the theme from applications for it to work better.

i may be extra sensitive, and sometimes the memory goes up after installing a theme oddly, however, battery drain and slowness plague it ultimately, unless i keep doing batt pulls.

just wondering if themes are really not meant to work as nicely as the default. so sacrifice performance for convenience.
    05-19-09 06:16 AM
    I agree 100%. Some are worse than others, but ultimately, MY Storm runs best on the boring old default theme.

05-19-09 06:21 AM
    i got to agree with you guys 100% until i tried this theme BBOS Theme by Rellims

i have the blue version with the ocd slot. it runs slightly slower than stock but hardly noticable and also with normal use my mem never gets below 33MB i start with about 42MB but if it sits idle it drops pretty bad but i have talk lock too...give it a try you can use any backround you want. It really is not a bad theme.
    05-19-09 06:29 AM
    .141 java files don't like 3rd party themes. I downloaded Plazmic Theme Builder and I've been playin around with the stock theme changing colors and removing button backgrounds. Its nothin flashy but its customized, very small in size, built using the stock theme so it don't slow the phone down, and i can say i made it.

05-19-09 06:38 AM
    I agree. I had went back to the Storms default theme. Just noticed a theme I downloaded awhile back allows me to use quicklaunch. still get a flicker on the outside edge but the main menu does not flicker.

05-19-09 07:49 AM
    i totally agree. everytime i use a theme my phone slows down horribly. i even tried to buy one thinking it would be better quality but it wasnt. same old bs
    05-19-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD