So we've seen a couple posts made about a possible release later...citing Thanksgiving as the date...

Did anyone bother to think that when these people received the information from the folks north of the border that they might be talking about Canadian Thanksgiving...Monday October 13th...

Just a thought...
    10-07-08 09:19 AM
    good call! i really would hope so
    10-07-08 09:20 AM
    Ahhhh...how I love Canadian Turkey day being different from the US. I get 2 thanksgiving dinners every year. Lucky me.
    10-07-08 09:24 AM
    So we've seen a couple posts made about a possible release later...citing Thanksgiving as the date...

Did anyone bother to think that when these people received the information from the folks north of the border that they might be talking about Canadian Thanksgiving...Monday October 13th...

Just a thought...
    I LIKE THE WAY YOU'RE THINKIN'!!

Wasn't Oct 13 one of the rumor dates four or five weeks back?
    10-07-08 09:28 AM
    You will probaly see them in your stores this month! =-)
    10-07-08 09:30 AM
    This is torture... getting my hopes up.
    10-07-08 09:32 AM
    Ahhh another release date thread.

Although I have to admit, the whole Canadian vs. American Thanksgiving date thing is definitely a new thought - and one that wouldn't have popped into my mind, at that! I honestly doubt, however, we will see this phone hit stores this month. In fact, I can almost 100% guarantee it won't. Oh well, it will be worth the wait.
    10-07-08 09:40 AM
    I hope this info. would be correct. The suspense is killing me.
    10-07-08 09:43 AM
    I have absolutely no information regarding one way or the other...I just thought that it was an interesting way of interpreting the date.
    10-07-08 10:57 AM
    I have absolutely no information regarding one way or the other...I just thought that it was an interesting way of interpreting the date.
    Agreed 100% - again, I wouldn't have even thought of this.
    10-07-08 11:00 AM
    10-07-08 11:01 AM
    If it is on October 13th, I am the man because I posted about that a few weeks ago and you all laughed at me!!
    10-07-08 11:02 AM
    If it is on October 13th, I am the man because I posted about that a few weeks ago and you all laughed at me!!
    LOL Nice self compliment.

I do have some strange suspicions going on myself regarding release date. We've heard from some pretty reliable sources (Kevin) that it will be available Nov. 2-4. But with all this recent promoting and advertising, I just can't help but believe it's closer than that.
    10-07-08 11:05 AM
    Is Vodaphone supposed to launch it the same time as Verizon? Because Kevin just did an updated to one of his posts on the home page hat Vodaphone is going to start shipping theirs Nov.28th!? I sure hope Verizon plans to put it out earlier than that.
    10-07-08 11:05 AM
    yea. i cant wait 2 months
    10-07-08 11:13 AM
    I'm suspicious about the Oct 13th date - though it would be Great - only because they've just started with campaigning the Storm. Usually it takes about a month after *anything* is announced, that it finally rolls around it seems... new phones, iPods, Tv Shows, so on..
    Oct 13 gives us what - 6 days before we can get one on the shelves?

That seems mightily quick - Not complaining, but yeah- if they DID, way to buck the trend, guys.
    Early/Mid November probably a safer bet. But I like the interpretation of the "Thanksgiving Date" -
    10-07-08 11:17 AM
    yea. i cant wait 2 months
    Especially if they make the announcement tomorrow or Thursday. I cannot see the marketing logic in making an announcement almost two months before the drop date.

I mean, I dig the hyping up the product and all that... but two months worth of hyping you're going to have people start to say, "Screw it!"
    10-07-08 11:22 AM
    my thoughts exactly. if i wait much longer i'll be forced to settleing for a curve. which would just make more expensive when i am finally able 2 get the storm
    10-07-08 11:25 AM
    This is torture... getting my hopes up.
    ditto. it's driving me nuts
    10-07-08 11:41 AM
    I have been to four differerent Verizon stores in two markets (Syracuse, NY and Boston, MA). All four stores said November for release. They also did not have dummy versions and kept saying "What you read online is all we know." It's very interesting that all four stores give the same line, almost word for word.

Stop with the teasing already and give us the Storm!!
    10-07-08 11:57 AM
    Hmmm...Canadian Thanksgiving, eh? We DID hear an October 13th date a couple of weeks ago. I hope to hear something tomorrow at the announcement.
    10-07-08 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD