I know there has been lots of problems for some of us that ordered our phones are coming in today as promised. VZW is trying and i know some of the reps are on the board from time to time. Just want to add my thanks, that in the middle of all the problems from yesterday there has been some successes.
    11-22-08 09:28 AM
    Sure hate a brown-noser.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 10:51 AM
    I know there has been lots of problems for some of us that ordered our phones are coming in today as promised. VZW is trying and i know some of the reps are on the board from time to time. Just want to add my thanks, that in the middle of all the problems from yesterday there has been some successes.
    Im going to second these thoughts! I dont work for verizon, but I have always been treated great at my local store.
    11-22-08 10:55 AM
    And I would like to thank that Sports Illustrated rep I spoke with 8 years ago for the free football phone I got with my subscription. Yay Rhonda!

11-22-08 10:58 AM
    I've been:

-Hung up on
    -Lied to
    -Swindled
    -Bamboozled
    -BS'ed

The LAST thing I'm going to do is tell them "Thanks". I dont care if it was the last week of November.
    11-22-08 10:59 AM
    I've been:

-Hung up on
    -Lied to
    -Swindled
    -Bamboozled
    -BS'ed

The LAST thing I'm going to do is tell them "Thanks". I dont care if it was the last week of November.

Same here. All I ever wanted was THE TRUTH. I still don't believe now I'll get it Monday.
    11-22-08 11:00 AM
    I dont have one yet but ive also not had the issues some of you have, and i still say they can go f themselves.
    11-22-08 11:02 AM
    Exactly. My rep told me it would be shipped monday.... and I should get it no later than the 25th. By then I'm more focused on Thanksgiving, I could give a dam about a phone, thats family time.

I hate Verizon man.
    11-22-08 11:03 AM
    I'm traveling next week starting Wednesday. If I don't have it by Monday, I will be very unhappy.
    11-22-08 11:11 AM
    I've been:

-Hung up on
    -Lied to
    -Swindled
    -Bamboozled
    -BS'ed

It's VERIZON... What else did you expect? Look back at the posts in this section of the fourm. On Monday it was "there will be plenty" to a total 180 on Thursday when "less than expected to be shipped" was the major thread. Guess somebody got wind of the security problem and the OS rollback.

Whoops.............

HH
    11-22-08 11:17 AM
    I am pretty pi$$ed myself. My rep promised phone for Saturday when I ordered Tuesday. Found out my order wasn't even processed until 1130 yesterday. I could have ordered it myself online at 6 am and had a better chance of getting it. She didn't even bother to tell me my delivery was changed to Monday or Tuesday. I had to call 6 times last night before someone finally told me I wasn't going to get it by Saturday. [email protected] happens, but communicate with your customer! If this phone isn't perfect, it is going back and i am going to ATT and Bold.

11-22-08 11:22 AM
    My verizon rep was fantastic, even though I knew things he didn't sometimes because the going ons get up on this site faster than he could keep up with his e-mail updates.

On another note..

Plain and simple, these reps are doing what they can to put these phones in your hands. I don't know if you've never experienced a "launch" before with a product but USUALLY it's not the companys fault you didn't end up with a product.

...It's your own lack of preperation and its not like 10's of thousands of other people didn't get their phones yesterday...
    11-22-08 11:24 AM
    The reps that have been on this board, Dulac, NeuroticDave, and bong_water, have been forthcoming, honest, and have gone above the call of duty.. and deserve our thanks.

So.. thanks

There will always been a few rotten apples in every bunch, and sometimes you get the rotten apple.

I did order my storm online at 9:45am EST on Friday, and haven't heard a word, nor does it appear on my "account'.. Something about internet sales not being entered or associated with my mobile account yet.

Who knows when I'll get it. It's part of the fun, I guess.
    11-22-08 11:43 AM
    My rep texted me at 7am to see if i was awake so he could put my order through yesterday. i called him and e-mailed him at least a dozen times this past week about reminding him to get me 2 bb storms.
    of course i was awake to order a storm!
    i should have it tuesday at the latest! i can't wait
    11-22-08 12:02 PM
    i had a great experience. preordered mine with a rep on monday, went through everything with her on monday, touched based with her on wed or thurs to make sure everything was set. she apparently came in early on fri to put her preorders in and everything luckily went through before it all crashed. she even called me this morning after she tracked it and saw i received it to make sure everything was fine. can't argue with that service. i did not expect a call today! i will definitely hang on her to her as a rep in the future and i had her connect me to her supervisor so he knew how good of a job she did.

i figure there were so many horror stories from reps, she shoudl at least be noticed
    11-22-08 12:09 PM
    yeah, my rep e-mailed me after he put my order in and said
    "Thanks Rob! Everything went through successfully! Good thing because our system pretty much just crashed LOL"

thank GOD he went to work early and put the order in before the crash
    11-22-08 12:28 PM
    Last week I was upset over the whole Verizon mailings for "Private Sale" or "Pre-Holiday Sale." I could not get a straight answer on a few questions that I had about the flyer. I visted 2 corp stores and 2 kiosks and spoke to CS at least 15 times and no one's answer was ever the same. Very upsetting!!! But my only complaint was why isn't everyone getting a flyer (at thetime I had not received mine).

I was able to purchase both of the Storms I needed to on the 21st at a kiosk in a mall with me being the second in line. They had plenty and they honored the flyers at the 2yr pricing.

I will continue to go to that kiosk and give my business to one particular retail rep because she was a tremendous help. In fact ,she called me to let me know she had only one Storm and that she would hold it for me as long as I was there in 10 min. I was there in 15 and as I am walking up she is getting it ready for me! That is service and that was from Verizon.

I am sorry for those who did not get their phones yesterday....it sucks! But not all Verizon people are bad!

And just for those who constantly complain about Verizon for one reason or another ....there are many other service providers to choose from. No one is FORCING you to have Verizon!

Verizon isn't perfect but they are ok in my book!!!
    11-22-08 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD