I have grown to love this phone...this is my first smartphone and I have to admit I was frustrated when I first got this phone because I had to keep modifying the phone to make it run the way it should...after following crackberry I never have issues with my storm...ill admit that I have replaced one but verizon gave me a new one that day with no questions asked...all I have to say is .148 + opera mini browser - weatherbug = a great phone...my advice to all is to never use the bb browser cuz it ruins the phone, watch the apps cuz it kill ur battery life, and think about the last phone u had cuz u know this is the best phone u ever had...peace
    07-11-09 01:09 AM
    I totally agree but you can't live with other apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 02:07 AM
    I have grown to love this phone...this is my first smartphone and I have to admit I was frustrated when I first got this phone because I had to keep modifying the phone to make it run the way it should...after following crackberry I never have issues with my storm...ill admit that I have replaced one but verizon gave me a new one that day with no questions asked...all I have to say is .148 + opera mini browser - weatherbug = a great phone...my advice to all is to never use the bb browser cuz it ruins the phone, watch the apps cuz it kill ur battery life, and think about the last phone u had cuz u know this is the best phone u ever had...peace
    I had a T-Mobile G1 and it was far better than the Storm. I only switched because Verizon is better than T-Mobile.
    07-11-09 03:48 AM
    I had a T-Mobile G1 and it was far better than the Storm. I only switched because Verizon is better than T-Mobile.
    G1 better then the Storm? OK, now thats funny!
    07-11-09 05:24 AM
    The Storm is my first BB as well. I know many peeps talk in the forums that "If you had another BB, you would hate the Storm" well, I have not had another and my Storm has been great since day one...thanks to the forums! I knew to get one manufactured in Mexico, get some ghost armor, how to configure the settings, ect. Once I upgraded to .148 I noticed that the battery life was considerably longer, and found that the new fullsize port. keyboard was frigging awesome. Love me my Storm baby!
    07-11-09 05:31 AM
    I am in the same boat.... I love the storm, and that post was true comedy.

If anybody wanted to objectively decide what product is king of the hill in market, just find the one that draws all the fire and passionate hate.

07-11-09 05:53 AM
    I went into a T-mobile store just to look at the G1 I thought it seemed a little flimsy and cheaply made.
    07-11-09 09:37 AM
    The Storm is my first BB as well. I know many peeps talk in the forums that "If you had another BB, you would hate the Storm" well, I have not had another and my Storm has been great since day one...thanks to the forums! I knew to get one manufactured in Mexico, get some ghost armor, how to configure the settings, ect. Once I upgraded to .148 I noticed that the battery life was considerably longer, and found that the new fullsize port. keyboard was frigging awesome. Love me my Storm baby!
    my girl has the 80something world edition, that phone is garbage compared to this
    07-11-09 09:56 AM
    I bought my oldest son a Blackberry for his birthday, and knowing how fragile the Storm is I opted to get him a Curve instead. I've tried playing with it, and after having the Storm it just seems like a Zack Morris phone.

07-11-09 12:33 PM
    I went into a T-mobile store just to look at the G1 I thought it seemed a little flimsy and cheaply made.
    I agree that the G1 is flimsy and cheaply made. But it is a good phone. Not better than the Storm, but damn near close. If VZW had the G1 I would definitely get one. The only thing that really hinders it is that it is on T-Mobile.
    07-11-09 12:40 PM
    I would try out the new released .151 for the 9530. It is a better step up from .148
    07-11-09 01:03 PM
    You love it because it is your first smartphone. If you've ever had a real blackberry or another good smartphone then you'd feel different. I love the saying "ignorance is such sweet bliss".
    07-11-09 01:57 PM
    I would try out the new released .151 for the 9530. It is a better step up from .148
    Damn they got .151? I'm about to download...
    07-11-09 04:24 PM
    I love my phone!! I have had the original one I got in December I have had some problems but thanks to the Crackberry world I have been nothing but happy with my phone!
    07-11-09 04:40 PM
    You love it because it is your first smartphone. If you've ever had a real blackberry or another good smartphone then you'd feel different. I love the saying "ignorance is such sweet bliss".
    I have had almost every WM touch screen and the storm is way better to me. There are somethings I miss about WM mainly the programs available and the hackability. Storm Rocks though it's my first blackberry, but I don't think I would love a non touch screen any more than this phone.
    07-11-09 06:32 PM
    i had several win mo phones and berries i do think the iphone overall is the best phone but so far the storm to me is really its only comp if rim would release some golden os or somthing to push it over the edge but that will never happen most berries i find pretty lame to use i prefer using a winmobile phone with its slowness and crashes over them except for the storm is brings somthing different maybe im a fanboy but o well
    07-11-09 07:30 PM
    The G1 design may of been cheaply made but it had way less issues than I've ever had with the Storm.
    07-11-09 08:21 PM
    I had a curve before I had my storm and wouldnt switch back if the curve was free. I love my storm and my friend has the
    G1 and im not impressed.
    07-11-09 09:34 PM
    ^^^^yeah i played with my sisters curve and was amazed at how much better the storm was even when i had .75 lol
    07-11-09 09:56 PM
    I think the G1 is pretty unattractive, but its a fantastic device. Android and all the google apps work together so seamlessly.

I must admit though, with .151, my phone feels like a totally new device. I know its only been 1.5 days for me, but memory management has been improved big time. (i.e. i boot up with 32mb and now im at 29.3. i have lots of apps installed, 32 to be precise) and the phone is still very responsive. browsing through it feels much quicker, i dont have that 4-5 second lag time when i goto unlock my phone and apps open and close much faster. really I don't know why verizon thought .148 was worthy of a release unless they never saw .151 until afterwards. previous OSs were nice, but everytime i would go to 'show off' the phone, it would be sluggish, crash or just do something that made me not want to brag about it. .151 brought that back! well done RIM! Verizon, time to get on the ball with testing newer builds!
    07-11-09 10:17 PM
    Glad to hear you're loving the device and happy with it!!
    07-11-09 10:18 PM
    .151 is amazing...no doubt. iphone is an excellent phone, but as far as overall greatness, nothing can beat a BB. iphone = entertainment only in a nutshell
    07-11-09 10:19 PM
    I run with a storm and a xv6700. I do love them both! But i would get rid of the storm before 6700, im a dinousaur! but the dinousaur has wifi and i dont pay for an internet connection on her!
    07-11-09 11:03 PM
    I love my phone!! I have had the original one I got in December I have had some problems but thanks to the Crackberry world I have been nothing but happy with my phone!
    These statements also apply to how I feel towards the phone. My first one since Christmas and I Love it. I owe it to the crackberry forums for all the ideas to make this phone work for me.

07-12-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD