After being a long time blackberry user, I have switched to the Motorola Droid (and Android Central)...but I wanted to thank everyone here for all their help with everything. I remember one of my first experiences on Crackberry, when late at night my phone was bricked by a corrupt download...using Crackberry as my guide, I was able to restore my phone. Leaked OS and tweaks and the general sense of goodwill really helped me enjoy my storm.

So, Thanks to all...
    05-02-10 08:55 AM
    Would you mind sharing why you chose the Droid over the Incredible? Was it the amoled screen's abysmal performance in sunlight?
    05-02-10 09:19 AM
    Umm.... No disrespect to the OP, but what is the point of people making threads like this? There is an android section on CB. Also there is no law that says you cannot be a member of multiple phone sites. I'm on android central and don't even have an android phone. There are people on CB that don't have a BB. A few don't even have a smartphone.

So once again, what is the point of making a thread about leaving CB. Just go. SMH.

Also the people that make threads announcing they are back. Who cares?

But like I said, no disrespect to the OP.
    05-02-10 11:33 AM
    Would you mind sharing why you chose the Droid over the Incredible? Was it the amoled screen's abysmal performance in sunlight?
    Sounds like someone's a bit butthurt. Both phones use the AMOLED screen, anyway. Also, the Droid is on BoGo right now, so it's definitely a great deal.

Either way, I had popped in to say something along the same lines, except I went with the Incredible. It's been a fun(ish) ride with the Storm, and the community has been absolutely fantastic. We may not have had the best luck with our phones at times, but I've never seen such a supportive group of users.

If any Storm 1 users are getting close to upgrade time, definitely give the Incredible a look. Die-hard BB users might flame it, but it's one of the best phones on the market at the moment. I know I've had a blast with mine in the first few days I've had it.
    05-02-10 02:56 PM
    Sounds like someone's a bit butthurt. Both phones use the AMOLED screen, anyway. Also, the Droid is on BoGo right now, so it's definitely a great deal.
    I don't know what butthurt means, and I don't want to. I don't have a dog in the fight, so either way it's no skin off my back. I was asking a question because I was genuinely curious about it. I've already read dozens of threads from people who are returning the Incredible because of its poor sunlight performance. Others are returning it because it has the worst battery life of any phone they've owned. I just find it interesting to follow.

Sounds like you're the one with something to prove.

But thanks for telling me about the BoGo. That could be one reason the OP went that route. I also didn't know the Moto Droid had an amoled screen, I thought it was tft lcd. Thanks for filling me in on that, too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 03:06 PM
    You're actually correct about the screens; I was misinformed. Regardless, if the only downside to the phone is that I am not able to use it in direct sunlight, I'm ok with that. I've used it a bit outside over the past few days, and it hasn't been something that would ever make me think of returning it. The battery life has been acceptable, especially considering the abuse I've put on it by playing with WiFi all the time.

I'm sure people are always going to find something to complain about with any phone. I've found the Incredible to be a great phone, but my 2 days are hardly enough for anyone to base their opinions on.
    05-02-10 03:12 PM
    Well, I have to admit, I have been tempted by the Incredible. I cannot tell a lie, lol. After it's all said and done though, I think it would take a Mack truck to pry me from my bb

05-02-10 03:17 PM
    the incredible is a FAR better phone than the droid from all account i have read pretty much. In fact its the best android phone out period from most reviews. Battery isnt good but the phone does amazing things really. even with b1g1 i would never buy a damn droid. I paid FULL RETAIL for the incredible in fact and cant say i regret it.

I still use my BB as my primary device though lol
    05-02-10 03:39 PM
    I don't know what butthurt means
    Time for another installment of Let Me Google That For You.

If the shoe fits, wear it. I thought the OP was gracious to say thanks for the help... but I would also encourage mods to move this to the Rants & Raves forum.
    05-02-10 03:51 PM
    Sorry if I offended anyone by posting in this forum...my intent was simply to thank everyone for all of their support...My storm was having some mechanical issues (nothing that I could fix) and I wanted a change...I went droid over incredible because when flash comes, I think the incredible will not get it right away because of the sense UI....I also like the option of the physical keyboard....

So, once again, thank you to all...
    05-05-10 10:31 PM
    Time for another installment of Let Me Google That For You.

If the shoe fits, wear it. I thought the OP was gracious to say thanks for the help... but I would also encourage mods to move this to the Rants & Raves forum.
    Are you serious? Out of this entire thread, you quoted me? I was respectful to the op and had a genuine question. And I thought I made it clear that I don't want to know what butthurt means. So the first post you make in this thread is to tell me what it means.

That's just weird, man. Read before you post.

05-05-10 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD