Well I stuck it out with the storm for 13 months, but yesterday I could not take it anymore. Anytime I truly need to use my storm, for directions or quick internet searches, it lets me down. I get that damn spinning watch of death. Long ago I gave up on leaked OSs, and have stuck with the official 5.0 for the past several months. I have watched my starting app memory drop from 20mb to 5mb without installing any apps. Well it all ends now. I just picked up a Droid ERIS, and I already feel relieved. I will never again PURCHASE a Blackberry product for personal use. Their crappy memory leaked filled OSs have driven me too close to madness.
    06-03-10 05:06 PM
    Just so you know, the Storm 2 doesn't leak memory...

The Eris is a pretty nice little phone, but don't think it's perfect. A friend of mine has one and it's harder to type on than the Storm and it too does weird things, like turn itself on and off at random.
    06-03-10 06:11 PM
    welcome to the fast life
    06-03-10 06:17 PM
    the eris sucks compared to the other android devices out there....inc blows it out of the water in every respect
    06-03-10 06:40 PM
    You should have got the storm 2.
    06-03-10 06:40 PM
    i will be joining you lilmanmgf soon enough, but not the droid eris... it'll be a the new one that comes out this summer whatever they decide to name it lol no more underpreforming phones for me. i've been researching this stuff for too long to get it wrong this time lol
    06-03-10 06:58 PM
    Well I just graduated from school, but my parents plan doesn't end until next April. So rather than pay the 425 cancelation fee, I just picked up a used ERIS for 200 bucks. Once the plan runs out I'll ugrade to a new android or Win7 phone. It might have some flaws, but it is night and day compared to the storm. It hasn't been too long, but I like the android OS much better than the blackberry OS. There are so many usefull apps that work together too. Yeah the cpu is slower than the droids, but once I root it I can OC it a little, and with 2.2 I'll have flash. I just could not take the storms damn stopwatch of death any longer.
    06-03-10 07:16 PM
    the eris sucks compared to the other android devices out there....inc blows it out of the water in every respect
    Captain Buzzkill... Jeeeeze

The Eris is a solid reliable phone- tethering, google nav, doesn't crash, doesn't run out of memory..

everything else on the other more expensive android devices is just extra icing on the cake-- there's no big function or reliability leap there.

Enjoy!!

$Matt
    06-04-10 12:04 AM
    The Eris is a little droid. If you like the small form factor, rock it. People that talk sh*** about HTC's little guy to the HTC plastic brother sound dumb. It doesn't matter if you have the latest, it just matters if you are happy, and if HTC's Eris does the trick....rock it...FTW.
    06-04-10 12:17 AM
    Well I just graduated from school, but my parents plan doesn't end until next April. So rather than pay the 425 cancelation fee, I just picked up a used ERIS for 200 bucks. Once the plan runs out I'll ugrade to a new android or Win7 phone. It might have some flaws, but it is night and day compared to the storm. It hasn't been too long, but I like the android OS much better than the blackberry OS. There are so many usefull apps that work together too. Yeah the cpu is slower than the droids, but once I root it I can OC it a little, and with 2.2 I'll have flash. I just could not take the storms damn stopwatch of death any longer.
    Good for you...F&^% homers giving you a hard time, they lame you know Enjoy the Eris...
    06-04-10 12:28 AM
    For being "the worst android phone" this thing is badass. Besides, saying you have "the best blackberry" is like saying, "I have chlamydia, the best of the sexually transmitted diseases. The phone doesn't stutter, I can root it, and there are limitless usefull free apps. Plus when I get the 2.2 rom up in a month or so I will have flash for web browsing. This phone will serve its purpose until April, and it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

P.S. Yes, that was a Top Gear reference.
    06-04-10 09:15 PM
    Well, I dumped my Storm 1 as well (good f%^&ing riddance), but I did go for another BB in its place (the 9650). And while it may still have memory leaks, I at least have 300MB to go before I run out

And no, the Storm II or III or XXXI wouldn't have been the answer. I HATE the loss of 1-keystroke accessible shortcuts and I couldn't stand the laggy virtual keyboard that you couldn't get to without at least a click-scroll-click when you really needed it.
    06-06-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD